T3 Making Me Tired,foggy

Sagitarrius90

Hello all,

I decided to experiment with t3 after getting blood work done showing cholesterol was in an acceptable range above 200+.

I purchased cholesterol powder as well from life giving labs and given that my t3 was on the lower end and TSH was 2.3 I wanted to try out t3 (1-4 mcg every few hours) like ray peat recommended - ( I went thru the email exchanges and went with that recommendation)

First day in trying a few nibbles of t3 and I am feeling foggy and tired. Not sure If this is a short term reaction of perhaps lowering stress hormones like I have read in some forums or if its something else and I am a bit hesitant to continue

Has anyone experienced this... I have also purchased tyromix because I have read that a combo might be better than straight t3.

Any input would be much appreciated!! My BPM has lowered as well temps slightly improved but just losing focus, feeling foggy and tired are my symptoms. I do feel more content and less agitated and angry like I usually feel in the morning lol I should mention that along with the t3 I had my usual coffee and instead of perking me up its actually making me tired which is weird.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I should mention I do feel very calm and content just out of it, very foggy and tired.

postman

If you're able to sleep well and you're not agitated then this is a good response and you'll probably have a lot more energy soon.

Hello all,

I decided to experiment with t3 after getting blood work done showing cholesterol was in an acceptable range above 200+.

I purchased cholesterol powder as well from life giving labs and given that my t3 was on the lower end and TSH was 2.3 I wanted to try out t3 (1-4 mcg every few hours) like ray peat recommended - ( I went thru the email exchanges and went with that recommendation)

First day in trying a few nibbles of t3 and I am feeling foggy and tired. Not sure If this is a short term reaction of perhaps lowering stress hormones like I have read in some forums or if its something else and I am a bit hesitant to continue

Has anyone experienced this... I have also purchased tyromix because I have read that a combo might be better than straight t3.

Any input would be much appreciated!! My BPM has lowered as well temps slightly improved but just losing focus, feeling foggy and tired are my symptoms. I do feel more content and less agitated and angry like I usually feel in the morning lol I should mention that along with the t3 I had my usual coffee and instead of perking me up its actually making me tired which is weird.

how high is the dosage strength of the tablets?nibble is not a good idea,the substance isnt evenly distributed in a tablet,not at all.Pill crushers are available,grinding the material evenly,and then eyeballing a dosage.

Last edited:
If you're able to sleep well and you're not agitated then this is a good response and you'll probably have a lot more energy soon.

what is the mechanism behind it in your opinion?I want to try T3 mono in my future too,do you have experience with T3?

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

25 mcg tablets I assume a nibble based off of the look of the tablet is like 3mcg.

So maybe crushing it and have it distributed by powder vs tablet is better?

Any idea why I'd be experiencing fatigue? Perhaps the increase in metabolism lowering blood sugar?

25 mcg tablets I assume a nibble based off of the look of the tablet is like 3mcg.

So maybe crushing it and have it distributed by powder vs tablet is better?

Any idea why I'd be experiencing fatigue? Perhaps the increase in metabolism lowering blood sugar?

Maybe you are weakly pulsing On/Off through direct effects and delayed genomic Effecting?
How much do you feel different,i mean,can you attribute the presence of the T3 to your sensations,can you feel it in your step,or are you feeling that way,this grogginess exactly, from time to time,or regularly?

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I just started feeling this fatigue soon as I took the t3 - previously I wasn't groggy but I was definitely wasn't in as good as a mood as I am now - just feel more fatigued and "out of it".

Sorry if I couldn't answer you're question but all I can say is that I believe it is the t3 since I didn't feel this way prior to starting it. All I can assume right now is maybe the t3 is unmasking my "actual fatigue" - perhaps I was previously relying on stress hormones and now that my thyroid is up and running (because of the t3) this is my actual state. If that's the case I actually feel better without the t3

Fexxx

See my other Posts - was in the same Situation like you. After some time (weeks, months) the fatigue will go away and the calmness will stay.

Attakai

Yeah t3 has always made me spaced out and foggy. Never tried it long enough to see any benefits since I always hated the feeling.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Does anyone know the reason behind this? It would be probably easier to stick with it knowing the reason but having this feeling not knowing causes me enough anxiety to want to stop. The calmness is cool considering I'm at home doing nothing cause of the coronavirus but the thought of having to interact with people and working with this feeling makes me want to stop.

If its because of lowered stress hormones then I'll stick it out but if it's because of another reason then yeah I'm going to drop t3 and try and just peat my way to better health naturally

redsun

Hello all,

Its possible that the sudden speeding up of the metabolism can drop energy levels by eating through blood sugar but usually T3 is supposed to be very energizing unless you have trouble with getting to fuel and burning it in the body. IMO this is my explanation to a lot of people who get more tired from T3, this should not happen, I have never had this experience.

Usually T3 is supposed to energize you like nothing else. Feels like someone just quite literally energized my body with electricity. Energized, extra motivated, etc... T3 will raise dopamine and histamine which plays a big role in its mental energizing effects.

Does anyone know the reason behind this? It would be probably easier to stick with it knowing the reason but having this feeling not knowing causes me enough anxiety to want to stop. The calmness is cool considering I'm at home doing nothing cause of the coronavirus but the thought of having to interact with people and working with this feeling makes me want to stop.

If its because of lowered stress hormones then I'll stick it out but if it's because of another reason then yeah I'm going to drop t3 and try and just peat my way to better health naturally

take a look at all of this,there is serious information to be had.

T3

Fexxx

Play around with the timeframes. Before bed, middle of the night, morning, midday ect.

Its possible that the sudden speeding up of the metabolism can drop energy levels by eating through blood sugar but usually T3 is supposed to be very energizing unless you have trouble with getting to fuel and burning it in the body. IMO this is my explanation to a lot of people who get more tired from T3, this should not happen, I have never had this experience.

Usually T3 is supposed to energize you like nothing else. Feels like someone just quite literally energized my body with electricity. Energized, extra motivated, etc... T3 will raise dopamine and histamine which plays a big role in its mental energizing effects.

All of this also,maybe he should eat his T3 after an Complete,Full Meal,2 to 3 hours after,with a shot of Carbs in close proximity to intake of the T3.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I am going to try and dose 4 mcg after a big meal instead of a small meal - today I had a small breakfast and 4 mcg then 2 hours later 4 mcg then boom I felt complexly zoned out and spaced out- I was just going thru all the past posts and I have always assumed I had low cortisol just because of years of fasting/dieting/ heavy consumption of stimulants without enough nutrients and calories and people have mentioned when they tried thyroid with bad adrenals or low cortisol rather they've experienced this type of feeling.

I think today I will completely stop the thyroid since I just want to snap out of this state and tomorrow after a big breakfast I want to try out a small dose 4mcg or even smaller to see its effects.

From what Ive read t3 doesn't shut down the thyroid unless in very high doses but would a small dose work in conjunction with whatever thyroid my body produces naturally or should I consume what my body should naturally produce in a healthy state ie 4mcg per hour so 96 mcg/day

redsun

All of this also,maybe he should eat his T3 after an Complete,Full Meal,2 to 3 hours after,with a shot of Carbs in close proximity to intake of the T3.

I always take T3 orally on the tongue when I wake up then I eat within 10-30 minutes or so. I dont take it anymore but this is how I would do it when I did. By then T3 is basically in the system and you should eat. What I meant was he has impediments in fat metabolism or sugar metabolism. T3 will force cortisol production without sugar and increase fat metabolism as well.

But if you have a severe handicap in one of these areas it will drain you because you can barely keep up with sugar or fat demands without T3 and T3 pressures these systems even more. So likely causes is mineral deficiencies iron, copper, possibly (unlikely) zinc or methylation cycle problems which depends on B vitamins, choline, methionine, etc.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@redsun so maybe taking a lower dose regularly would help me keep up with those demands? I assume I just had too big of a dose my body couldn't keep up ie the metabolism went too high, hence why I felt completely tired/zoned out.

Does thyroid help increase cortisol or is cortisol needed for thyroid to function? I've read conflicting things. On here everyone mentions thyroid drives everything where on other websites people say treat adrenals then thyroid.

Regardless I think a lower dose 1-4 mcg every few hours will help my body run but wont make me feel tanked since metabolism isn't increased as much as say taking 50mcg at one time

redsun

@redsun so maybe taking a lower dose regularly would help me keep up with those demands? I assume I just had too big of a dose my body couldn't keep up ie the metabolism went too high, hence why I felt completely tired/zoned out.

Does thyroid help increase cortisol or is cortisol needed for thyroid to function? I've read conflicting things. On here everyone mentions thyroid drives everything where on other websites people say treat adrenals then thyroid.

Regardless I think a lower dose 1-4 mcg every few hours will help my body run but wont make me feel tanked since metabolism isn't increased as much as say taking 50mcg at one time

You can experiment with lower doses of T3 see how you do. T3 forces cortisol production so in essence it "helps" increase cortisol but if its too much for the body which has problems with cortisol already you wont feel too great. Usually cortisol being too low is due to low iron which is very possible with a history of fasting and dieting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals