T3 Questions

Joocy_J

If it is unnatural to take more then 4-5 mcg of t3/per hour, how can one take more then say 50 mcg or so of t3 a day?

thanks

marsaday

Cant answer the question, BUT the maximum T3 dose i could use per day was 55mcgs. After that i became ill. So is this evidence that 4/5mcg per hour is correct. I am basing this on 12h's being awake, not 24h's. So 12 x 4 = 48 or 12 x 5 = 60.

Lightbringer

Joocy_J said:
post 103851 If it is unnatural to take more then 4-5 mcg of t3/per hour, how can one take more then say 50 mcg or so of t3 a day?

thanks
Just curious, but where did you get this 50 mcg amount from? I think 1 grain of NDT is said to be 'equal' to 25 mcg's of t3, so if you can get your hands on some good products then splitting a 25 mcg t3 product during the day and a grain of NDT in the evening would be one way too do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Joocy_J

marsaday said:
post 103853 Cant answer the question, BUT the maximum T3 dose i could use per day was 55mcgs. After that i became ill. So is this evidence that 4/5mcg per hour is correct. I am basing this on 12h's being awake, not 24h's. So 12 x 4 = 48 or 12 x 5 = 60.

Was that maximum from t3 alone or from a combination product like NDT? What were your symptoms of too much t3? thanks

OP
J

Joocy_J

Kaspar_Hauser said:
post 103855
Joocy_J said:
post 103851 If it is unnatural to take more then 4-5 mcg of t3/per hour, how can one take more then say 50 mcg or so of t3 a day?

thanks
Just curious, but where did you get this 50 mcg amount from? I think 1 grain of NDT is said to be 'equal' to 25 mcg's of t3, so if you can get your hands on some good products then splitting a 25 mcg t3 product during the day and a grain of NDT in the evening would be one way too do this.

I got the number 50 from 12 x 4 = 48 or 12 x 5 = 60.

Assuming twelve hours awake.

marsaday

I was on T4 and T3 and then decided to try T3 only. It lasted a few weeks, but when i got past 55T3 i was pretty ill. I think i got up to 90 but memory is a bit hazy. I just said to myself this cannot be right and so dropped back to 50 and things cleared up pretty fast.

Symptoms are hypo ones really. I think it is due to possible excess cortisol being generated and so this causes a blocking feeling in my body. The body is pretty complex and so it has many defence mechanisms to excess hormone use. I think my feedback loop is pretty good and so if i go over a set point the body kicks in and tries to damp things down. I don't really know exactly what is happening when all this happens, just my own interpretation.

OP
J

Joocy_J

marsaday said:
so this causes a blocking feeling in my body. .

This is exactly what i feel like - something is being blocked in my body. I just don't know how to get out of it.

marsaday

I am pretty sure it is the thyroid / cortisol balance. Too little thyroid and you get low cortisol so you feel tired etc. Too much thyroid and you get too high cortisol. This is similar to low symptoms, but slightly different. It is a full up feeling, blocked like you think. So is this cortisol stopping the T3 from entering the cells ? Quite possibly. Or could it be excess RT3 being generated to block the absorption of T3 at the cells. I suppose close monitoring over a period of time with access to blood tests several times a day would give the info we need, but that is never going to happen.

To get out of this situation i simply lowered my thyroid meds. Lowering thyroid meds can be as important as doing increases. Its about tuning the adrenals and the thyroid in tandem. Over time i have gotten my adrenals to match the thyroid production i give the body. It has to be done slowly and you can't make too many changes at once. progesterone really helped the adrenal performance. It take T4 and a little T3 everyday. T4 is also taken at night as it replicates when the body makes T4 and i get much better results with it this way.

answersfound

I find thyroid meds to be too complicated. I'd rather just use caffeine. I think you should take some Cyproheptadine to bring down the cortisol. If temps drop after a meal you certainly need it. If Temps increase after a meal you are in good shape.

Also 50 mg pregnenolone to stabilize things. Estroban is important too. After that, the main focus should be adequate protein and simple sugars

tara

Joocy_J said:
Unless the endogenous production is at or near 0, why would one want to take more than 50mcg/day? If one is already producing some T3, then it seems unnatural to take as much as 4-5mcg an hour. How about seeing what happens with 1-2 mcg every hour or two?

achillea

I am going to drive to Phoenix and while there thought I could go to Tucson and then into Nogales. Does anyone know where or how to get some T3 in Nogales?

ilovethesea

Pretty sure Grossman T3 is long gone. You might be able to find Triyotex or Tiromel, but probably cheaper to order Tiromel from Turkey than try to get it in Mexico. According to Ray at one point there was some speculation that Triyotex is speed.

achillea

Do you have the source in Turkey?. Looks like it could be a trip of folly. I would rather stay in Phoenix and relax than drive another 100 miles south with an uncertain outcome.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals