THE BEST Of TIMES, THE WORST Of TIMES

OP
T
pboy said:
yea...unless you think your body is trying to self sabotage you, you should trust your senses

a huge problem that people in society don't...that's why I think many are damaged in some way...like, every other creature trusts its senses and impulses 100%, that's their inherent guide to life. Then you have a good amount of humans who don't...at all, which is like some kind of imbalance in the body/mind.
If you want to go deep, you will find out a lot more...all of your senses tell about somethings goodness or poison factor to your soul, translated out. Eyes, ears, nose,
skin, tongue...all of it.

:yeahthat

OP
T
Yes, it does sound weird...unfortunately a LOT of people live this way without even realizing how wrong it is. I certainly did, in many many ways, and for decades unfortunately. I think it's a form of mental illness....seriously wrong thinking. I was convinced that my body was rebelling against me and so I engaged in all kinds of ultimately self-destructive behavior in order to try to conform to society's standards. Just one example: I have always loved fruit and sweet food, but denied myself anything sweet for years thinking sugar to be evil. How bizarre is that? Luscious sweet fruit dripping with deliciousness, begging to be devoured..... but sugar will kill ya, especially fructose, according to Dr. Mercola. WTF? Hardcore fundamentalist religion is guilty of the same type of brain washing...better get off my soapbox now :shock:

http://youtu.be/217JOBWTolg

sunmountain

BP

When you got on the fructose, what did you do about starch? I like rice and potatoes.

Thanks

Jennifer

BP, I started the raw garlic protocol this morning and I'm sweating my tush off and feel like I'm going to puke! It must be working. :D

I let the garlic sit in the water for a half hour while trying to muster up the courage to drink it. Is it still just as potent after the 15 minutes? It burned a teeny bit going down and I had an initial burning in the chest area, but nothing major and my stomach isn't hurting at all.

Also, did your diarrhea get worse before it got better during that week?

Well, all I can say is the raw garlic really brings the heat, but I'm not smelling so pretty right now. Yuck!

sunmountain

Hang in there, Jennifer!

I did it for three days, and broke down on the fourth and stopped.

OP
T
sunmountain said:
BP

When you got on the fructose, what did you do about starch? I like rice and potatoes.

Thanks

Hi sunmountain, I like rice and potatoes too. However, I quit ALL starch for a few months until I felt my gut was more healed. I can eat rice and popcorn now with no issues. The last time I had potatoes they still caused a lot of gas and bloating.....gonna try them again today tho, so will keep you posted. I ADORE POTATOES with tons of salt and butter....mmmmm, drooling.

OP
T
Jennifer said:
BP, I started the raw garlic protocol this morning and I'm sweating my tush off and feel like I'm going to puke! It must be working. :D

I let the garlic sit in the water for a half hour while trying to muster up the courage to drink it. Is it still just as potent after the 15 minutes? It burned a teeny bit going down and I had an initial burning in the chest area, but nothing major and my stomach isn't hurting at all.

Well, all I can say is the raw garlic really brings the heat, but I'm not smelling so pretty right now. Yuck!

Yep, that's exactly how I felt and I absolutely reeked for a week. Try to get the garlic down at the 15 minute mark, I know, I know... it's effin hard to do, especially 3 times a day. It made me feel like sh*t for ten minutes or so, I would have to lay down in the dark until the nausea passed. I feel for ya!!!

And yes, my diarrhea got worse and I was quite depressed about that fact because I felt since I was taking such extreme measures that it ought to stop immediately. It didn't stop until day four.

Also, I took Syontix probiotics at night, before bed to "fill in" the newly vacated spaces in my intestines. I did this for a week after the raw garlic shock & awe and then quit. Just to reiterate, this is NOT Peat approved, but since my appendix ruptured I don't have a gut flora back up plan, so that's what I did.

No other probiotics worked for me. I tried TONS of different ones over the years, literally spent thousands of dollars, fermented my own kefir and sauerkraut etc etc etc. Truly, I'm not exaggerating, NONE of them worked until I did the raw garlic. I think the garlic interrupts the protective bio-films so your immune system can do it's job.

I think being hypothyroid set me up for dysbiosis. Being malnourished made it nearly impossible for my own immune system to correct the gut flora imbalance...it's a downward spiral that is difficult to pull out of without major intervention. HANG IN THERE!!!

Peata

I hope the garlic works for you, Jennifer. I tried it for 4 days this summer. I quit because I didn't get any of the effects you guys talk about. Here's how I did it:

I cut each clove into 3 pieces and flattened them with the edge of a knife to release the allicin. I just let them sit in 3 flattened pieces for 15 min, then took a sip of juice or something in my mouth and took the pieces, swallowing them down like pills. Followed by more juice between them and after. It went faster, easier, and less taste left in my mouth. Also I made sure my stomach wasn't completely empty because it hurt my stomach if it was.

For the last couple days it seems I've been taking enough Cypro that my diarrhea has stopped. Hope it continues. It could also be just where I am in the cycle causing some change. Time will tell.

Good luck.

sunmountain

Thanks BP! My tree of life fructose is on its way. I'll try fructose alone for sugar, and very little fat and no starch.

BTW I love your pics...so healthy and vibrant! Love your joie de vivre!

Jennifer

thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:

Yep, that's exactly how I felt and I absolutely reeked for a week. Try to get the garlic down at the 15 minute mark, I know, I know... it's effin hard to do, especially 3 times a day. It made me feel like sh*t for ten minutes or so, I would have to lay down in the dark until the nausea passed. I feel for ya!!!

And yes, my diarrhea got worse and I was quite depressed about that fact because I felt since I was taking such extreme measures that it ought to stop immediately. It didn't stop until day four.

Also, I took Syontix probiotics at night, before bed to "fill in" the newly vacated spaces in my intestines. I did this for a week after the raw garlic shock & awe and then quit. Just to reiterate, this is NOT Peat approved, but since my appendix ruptured I don't have a gut flora back up plan, so that's what I did.

No other probiotics worked for me. I tried TONS of different ones over the years, literally spent thousands of dollars, fermented my own kefir and sauerkraut etc etc etc. Truly, I'm not exaggerating, NONE of them worked until I did the raw garlic. I think the garlic interrupts the protective bio-films so your immune system can do it's job.

I think being hypothyroid set me up for dysbiosis. Being malnourished made it nearly impossible for my own immune system to correct the gut flora imbalance...it's a downward spiral that is difficult to pull out of without major intervention. HANG IN THERE!!!

Oh yeah! I remember my kefir and sauerkraut days. I couldn't stand the alcohol taste of kefir so I never got past the first glass and dumped the other grains I had down the sink. With sauerkraut, I was going through 4 jars a week because my doctor wanted me eating it with every meal. I can't look at the stuff now.

I'm hoping to be able to tolerate raw milk after this. I miss it!

I too think my immune system is shot due to the fact that I was underweight for so long. I actually believe that's what caused my current hypothyroid state. Ever since my back injury, when the cold weather starts, I get sick. I end up with popping ears and a sore throat all winter long and usually get hit with a cold.

Okay, I have one last question, do I have to eat the garlic bits? I've been using a garlic press and after the 15 minutes, I use a coffee filter to collect the fiber and squeeze out the remaining juice. I'm trying to prevent any indigestion I can. Is this way still effective?

Thanks girls for all your imput. :)

sunmountain

Hi BP, I have one more fructose question.

I got my Tree of LIfe, and have started fructose-only. I don't find it to have a "taste," so that is good.

Do you -- or anyone else -- know what problems fructose-only might cause if I did it for a long time? If I understand it, fructose will not affect insulin. But if the cells can't take in the fructose, what might happen with constant high blood levels of fructose?

Just trying to understand and know what to watch out for.

thanks

OP
T
Jennifer said:
Okay, I have one last question, do I have to eat the garlic bits? I've been using a garlic press and after the 15 minutes, I use a coffee filter to collect the fiber and squeeze out the remaining juice. I'm trying to prevent any indigestion I can. Is this way still effective?

I think it's good to eat the bits, they feed the healthy gut flora acting as a prebiotic. :2cents How's it going so far?

OP
T
sunmountain said:
Hi BP, I have one more fructose question.

I got my Tree of LIfe, and have started fructose-only. I don't find it to have a "taste," so that is good.

Do you -- or anyone else -- know what problems fructose-only might cause if I did it for a long time? If I understand it, fructose will not affect insulin. But if the cells can't take in the fructose, what might happen with constant high blood levels of fructose?

Just trying to understand and know what to watch out for.

thanks

Sorry sunmountain, I don't have an answer for you. My experience was that when I started eating fructose only that was the turning point, prior to that I was technically diabetic, had very high blood sugar and was severely insulin resistant...I generally looked and felt like sh*t. I was exhausted all the time, my skin was super oily and broken out.

Fructose helped, mangoes helped and B vitamins helped too, I recall feeling much better after starting a B complex. I don't know why. Hoping someone smarter than myself can answer your question with all the scientific details. :oops:

Jennifer

thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:

I think it's good to eat the bits, they feed the healthy gut flora acting as a prebiotic. :2cents How's it going so far?

I had diarrhea after the first glass of garlic juice, but nothing since.

I had cut out milk a couple days ago and went the whole day yesterday without any gut pain or cramping until about 4pm when I had 4oz of milk as a test. With that, I had major cramping within 10 minutes of drinking it. Even the raw garlic doesn't hurt my stomach so it's obvious it's something about the milk. As of today, the redness under the surface of my cheeks is almost completely gone and the hives haven't returned. All I can think is my intolerances stem from estrogen.

Despite going through a bottle a week of progest-e, I keep bleeding every other week. And literally, within a couple hours of starting my period, I get massive amounts of anxiety. It's been so predictable that when I was telling my mom about how anxious I was feeling, she asked me if I had started my period. I checked and sure enough I had. I just don't understand why I'm bleeding so much while taking progest-e and don't bleed at all when off it.

I think my next step is to search craigslist or ebay for a new body. I'd ask God, but he's blocked my calls.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jennifer said:
I'd ask God, but he's blocked my calls.
According to your dexa scan it seems you have a direct hot line to Him! :P

OP
T
Okay, seriously tho. I know from personal experience that gut irritation that results in chronic diarrhea will drastically reduce your CO2 levels. Lowered CO2 triggers the release of even more serotonin and the downward spiral continues. If I were you, I would avoid milk while you are doing the raw garlic. I can't remember Jennifer, are you taking thyroid meds?

LucyL

Peata said:
I hope the garlic works for you, Jennifer. I tried it for 4 days this summer. I quit because I didn't get any of the effects you guys talk about. Here's how I did it:

I cut each clove into 3 pieces and flattened them with the edge of a knife to release the allicin. I just let them sit in 3 flattened pieces for 15 min, then took a sip of juice or something in my mouth and took the pieces, swallowing them down like pills. Followed by more juice between them and after. It went faster, easier, and less taste left in my mouth. Also I made sure my stomach wasn't completely empty because it hurt my stomach if it was.

For the last couple days it seems I've been taking enough Cypro that my diarrhea has stopped. Hope it continues. It could also be just where I am in the cycle causing some change. Time will tell.

Good luck.

When I take garlic for colds or illness, I crush it in the garlic press, put it in a spoon and smother it with honey. Then I wash the whole thing down with mexican coke. :coke

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals