The Great Bertrand Russell Had The Intellect Of Ray Peat

BRMarshall

14 Sept 1915
Dear Russell,
I’m going to quarrel with you again. You simply don’t speak the truth, you simply are not sincere. The article you send me is a plausible lie, and I hate it. If it says some true things, that is not the point. The fact is that you, in the Essay, are all the time a lie.
Your basic desire is the maximum of desire of war, you are really the super-war-spirit. What you want is to jab and strike, like the soldier with the bayonet, only you are sublimated into words. And you are like a soldier who might jab man after man with his bayonet, saying “this is for ultimate peace.” The soldier would be a liar. And it isn’t in the least true that you, your basic self, want ultimate peace. You are satisfying in an indirect, false way your lust to jab and strike. Either satisfy it in a direct and honorable way, saying “I hate you all, liars and swine, and am out to set upon you,” or stick to mathematics, where you can be true—But to come as the angel of peace—no, I prefer Tirpitz a thousand times in that role.
You are simply full of repressed desires, which have become savage and anti-social. And they come out in this sheep’s clothing of peace propaganda. As a woman said to me, who had been to one of your meetings: “It seemed so strange, with his face looking so evil, to be talking about peace and love. He can’t have meant what he said.”
I believe in your inherent power for realising the truth. But I don’t believe in your will, not for a second. Your will is false and cruel. You are too full of devilish repressions to be anything but lustful and cruel. I would rather have the German soldiers with rapine and cruelty, than you with your words of goodness. It is the falsity I can’t bear. I wouldn’t care if you were six times a murderer, so long as you said to yourself, “I am this.” The enemy of all mankind, you are, full of the lust of enmity. It is not the hatred of falsehood which inspires you. It is the hatred of people, of flesh and blood. It is a perverted, mental blood-lust. Why don’t you own it.
Let us become strangers again, I think it is better.
D. H. Lawrence

Peat writes to Russell twice in 1963, first, providing him a précis of Blake College, and again, inviting him to speak:

1686850793783.png

1686850917108.png

1686850929855.png

1686850938744.png

Last edited:

BRMarshall

I had a friend who wrote to Russell and I do not put it against Peat. For Russell was admired in circles, who revered "Bertie", and probably for his antiwar
anti nuke stance. That stance the LaRouchies would expose as part of a charade and headfuck operation, where the very authors of the use of nuclear weapons, then added fuel to the fire, by correctly oppossing the horror, whose genii Russell, H.G. Wells and Huxley are architects of the present horrors...

I like Ray's attack on Chomsky in his Academic Authoritarians paper, and where I would perhaps place Bertie as being.

PEAT:
We always had encyclopedias in the house, and I started reading about education, learned about Bertrand Russell—he was one of my early heroes—and so I looked up information about his school, his wife Dora, and he started a school called Beacon Hill in the 1920s and from reading about that then I heard about the experimental college at the University of Wisconsin started by Alexander Meiklejohn, and from that I heard about Black Mountain College, an experimental college also in the 30s, and then I got to junior high and discovered that those experimental ideas and in education had just sort of disappeared from the culture and what what was coming on in really 1947, 48, and 49 was the establishment of totalitarian education in the United States [...]

GEORGI:
Bertrand Russell seems to have some of those views of Dawkins, but I felt like by reading his works that he eventually realized the ruling class is just trying to enslave everybody, and while he still wrote and did work in service of them, I think every once in a while he spoke the truth. Do you have the similar impression of him?

PEAT:
Oh, absolutely. He was as high in the ruling class as you can be in England without being royal, and so he grew up with that perfect concrete view of logic and mentality, wanted to show that our defined mentality and clear logic is identical with mathematics, and then in middle age, he actually started thinking about it, and said, well, we really don't know whether Leibniz might have been right that everything is defined partly by where it is and what it's with, and if everything is... part of... [if] one's being is where one is, then everything is constantly changing its essence and so how can you have language and a perfect mathematical language if reality is actually context sensitive, if it makes a difference to the Earth that the Moon and the Sun and Saturn and Mars are moving around in space, could it affect the essence of the earth that other things are related to it in space and time? And Russell just had that simple insight. How can you define things in isolation? Where do we have the evidence? That there are timeless entities which atoms are believed to be. At first he was calling the units of his thinking logical atoms, but as he thought more about the Leibnizian possibilities of metaphysics and ontology. He realized that there is no evidenced basis for having these abstract atomic views of logic. Simply, his ability, being very intelligent, he was able to learn and actually think his way out of it.

DANNY:
It sounds like maybe he was a radical empiricist later in life?

PEAT:
Yeah, pretty much. He didn't talk about it because there was no place to talk effectively.

GEORGI:
I think the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein also had a big impression on him because he was one of his students, and Wittgenstein then asked Bertrand Russell to write the foreword to his magnum opus Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus I think it was called. And Bertrand Russell wrote it and Wittgenstein absolutely hated it and said, "You think like a computer. This is not what this book is all about." And he had a falling out. And I think that's one of the things that Russell was devastated [by] because he thought Wittgenstein was brilliant, and if this brilliant mind thinks that I'm dumb as a bag of rocks, and I just don't get what logic and philosophy and life are about, that I must change my-

PEAT:
Yeah, he said that that was the event that made him turn to politics and social moral philosophy. He realized he wasn't smart enough, but he actually was intelligent enough to change his mind.

Apple

sorry to rain on any parades, but Bertrand Russell was evil.
Evil but healthy and with high IQ
Ray Peat was evil too, forcing us to drink gallons of milk , no starches, sticking thermometers in ourselves 3 times a day. 🤒

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals