OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Here's a recent study on liver fibrosis and policosanol in rats.

Policosanol was able to mostly prevent the fibrosis and "restore normal liver architecture" as the study authors phrased it.
It also increased anti-oxidants and reduced oxidative stress.
The study estimated annual deaths due to liver fibrosis at about 1,4 million per year. Liver fibrosis often progresses into liver cancer. So to reverse or ameliorate it, is quite big of a deal, especially since there's no approved medication for liver fibrosis as far as I know.

PTG = policosanol treated group

"Examination of the H&E-stained liver sections of NCG revealed normal hepatic architecture, normal lobular pattern with hepatocytes radiating from the central vein, and normal blood sinusoids. The hepatocytes showed homogenous cytoplasm and rounded nuclei with prominent nucleoli (Fig. 5A; Table 2). On the contrary, the liver of FG showed a loss of normal lobular pattern, variable degree of fibrosis, especially around the portal tract, and hepatocyte degeneration, including cloudy swelling of the hepatocytes, with congestion of blood sinusoids and capillaries (Fig. 5B; Table 2). Most liver tissues in the STG showed some degree of repair, including fewer collagen fibers than those observed in FG. However, some degree of cloudy swelling of hepatocytes with necrosis and congestion of blood capillaries was observed (Fig. 5C; Table 2). Notably, the PTG demonstrated a reduction in the histopathological lesions detected in CCl4 and STG, restoring normal liver architecture. It showed less sinusoidal congestion than both FG and STG. Moreover, only a small number of hepatocytes were vacuolated and slightly dilated, indicating mild vacuolar degeneration (Fig. 5D; Table 2)."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I just read the paper that @Mauritio posted. If even half of that is true, this stuff is a miracle. I ordered 500 grams from Purebulk yesterday; I eagerly await its arrival.

I'll have to think on how to take it, but I will probably just add it to my k-water that I make every day.
Good for you. 500g is definitely a life time supply :D

cremes

Good for you. 500g is definitely a life time supply
You saying I'm going to die soon? ;)

Heh, yeah, at 20mg per day, that works out to... let's see:

500_000 / 20 => 25_000 days

I'll be sure to share with my family and spread the love. I probably only have about 11_000 days left in me, give or take.

Fllora

I've read through this entire thread, and it looks like there is one other woman on it so far. I'm curious to hear of any women's experieces using either the Pure Bulk or Swanson polycosanols, in part because of something in a Haidut post about polycosanols and androgen-receptors and Testosterone that made me wonder. Thanks for all the good info and experimentation!

LadyRae

In the reviews on several Amazon policosanol products, everyone mostly says they're taking it to lower cholesterol?

sunny

I've read through this entire thread, and it looks like there is one other woman on it so far. I'm curious to hear of any women's experieces using either the Pure Bulk or Swanson polycosanols, in part because of something in a Haidut post about polycosanols and androgen-receptors and Testosterone that made me wonder. Thanks for all the good info and experimentation!
What was in the Haidut post you were wondering about in regards to women?

cremes

In the reviews on several Amazon policosanol products, everyone mostly says they're taking it to lower cholesterol?
In the thread there are recent studies that show a number of potential benefits.

* lowered total cholesterol
* anti-platelet aggregation
* arterial repair from mechanical damage
* lowered BP by 10%
* lowers oxidized LDL
* raises HDL
* increases muscle endurance by 80%
* improves peripheral circulation

Some of the reported benefits of vitamin E from the old Shute brothers included it’s “oxygen sparing” mechanism where a muscle could get by on less oxygen when there was partial occlusion. Based on more recent studies it appears that benefit was actually from the policosanols present in those original preparations of E. The “increased endurance” bullet is the same as that effect.

LadyRae

In the thread there are recent studies that show a number of potential benefits.

* lowered total cholesterol
* anti-platelet aggregation
* arterial repair from mechanical damage
* lowered BP by 10%
* lowers oxidized LDL
* raises HDL
* increases muscle endurance by 80%
* improves peripheral circulation

Some of the reported benefits of vitamin E from the old Shute brothers included it’s “oxygen sparing” mechanism where a muscle could get by on less oxygen when there was partial occlusion. Based on more recent studies it appears that benefit was actually from the policosanols present in those original preparations of E. The “increased endurance” bullet is the same as that effect.
I ordered some this morning! 😁 I will report back on my experiences when it gets here in 4 or 5 days...

I'm also on my 3rd bottle of Mitolipin, which I love

cremes

I ordered some this morning! 😁 I will report back on my experiences when it gets here in 4 or 5 days...

If you look through the policosanols thread you’ll see most of the research experiments took place over 12 weeks. I’m about 1 week into this and notice no effects. I take my BP daily and have seen no change.

Give it 8 weeks before you pull the plug. That’s my plan. I wish these experiments showed results over time so. We could see if the impact is immediate, gradual, or suddenly at the end. Sigh. Good thing it’s relatively cheap per dose.

LadyRae

If you look through the policosanols thread you’ll see most of the research experiments took place over 12 weeks. I’m about 1 week into this and notice no effects. I take my BP daily and have seen no change.

Give it 8 weeks before you pull the plug. That’s my plan. I wish these experiments showed results over time so. We could see if the impact is immediate, gradual, or suddenly at the end. Sigh. Good thing it’s relatively cheap per dose.
I did read through most of the thread earlier this morning and @Mauritio noticed a decrease in water retention and better sleep right away. I'm hoping for that! 😏

Fllora

Great, I'll be paying attention. Which one did you order?

Fllora

What was in the Haidut post you were wondering about in regards to women?
about halfway through his post, he talks about the particular benefits for men. He doesn't in any way say women should avoid - i just notice that the vast majority of posters here who have tried it are men, and I want to hear from women who have tried it.

Inaut

Fllora

Inaut

Fllora

Just received my Pure Bulk Policosanol packet and downed 10 mg. i don't feel anything yet!:):smuggrin:
I did a quick search to see what time of day people are taking it and didn't see anything.
When are you taking it? Morning? Evening? Before bed?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals