The role of electricity for hair

David PS

iu

In metals, all charge is distributed on the surface of the metal. In nonmetals, it is a different story but I think it might be at least partially true with hair. Hair has lots of surface area, which would be useful in capturing electrons (friction with the air, maybe directly from the cosmos?).
Also, the earth itself is a source of electrons. Something I have wondered is could these electrons be used in the electron transport chain? Usually the electrons being transported are derived from foods, but maybe that is not the whole story. Could earthing or hair be increasing the efficiency of metabolic processes by recycling electrons?
This tutorial seems to demonstrate that the plants do much better in grounded soil even though initially it was the "runt".
Hair is in direct proximity to the brain. The brain uses lots of energy, so maybe this is why we have hair on top of it. It needs hair in order to have enough energy to work.
Because of hair's ability to pick up charge, I think it is obvious at this point that hair is also a sensory organ that senses electric fields. And I can guarantee that the whiskers of various animals (cats, dogs, moles, ect) are not "feelers" that act by bumping into things XD but are probably used to sense the electric fields of other animals.
This is a souper photo. I wondering if using a Van de Graaff generator everyday would be healthy or better yet health promoting?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubZuSZYVBng

Last edited:

David PS

idk if health promoting. Excess electrons might lead to the production of ROS, which is bad. Might even be the reason people go bald, it is the defense against excess electrons that are not being utilized.

Thanks the internet seems to think it is harmless. I agree with you. I think grounding is the way to go and the Van de Graaff generator builds up excess elections as you suggested.

Yonebayashian

I think he does all the time. some parts fall out of use others dont. I think the question depends on the perspective though. The theory that the appendix might work as a storageplace for healthy bacteria during bacterial "cleansing" is intersting. We do though have lots of residues and weird solutions. Like men getting more stomach hernias due to the testicles having decended through the diaphragm as they still develop under the heart like in fish. Not saying I dont belive in both God and darwin but I cant really immedately agree with it. I do think we should have our appendix though so I am sort of actually agreeing with you. I think its just a more complicated thing. Like probably the propencity for sickle cell anemia is a side effect of higher immunity to malaria. Theoretically thus hair could be a side effect of something else but I dont belive so! Its worth mentioning that sexual selection also plays a potential part. Lush hair is an indicator of biological fitness. Now I must kill my own argument again here as well as the peacock which is the most well known example of this - there has now been research showing that the females dont care if the whole plumage are removed haha.
I tried to look into this and I couldn't find any evidence that the part about peacocks was true- I found only evidence for the opposite.

Ben.

Haven't seen Rei post for a while. Hope he (she?) is okay.

Eberhardt

I tried to look into this and I couldn't find any evidence that the part about peacocks was true- I found only evidence for the opposite.
I wish this was a while back when I still remembered where I'd just seen it. Cant relocate the reserach I read then but here is some at least: Gaze-Tracking Finds That Peacocks' Tails Don't Impress Females

interesting that they according to the last article seem more keen if anything on avoiding estrogen dominance then seeking out hihg androgenic traits.

Yonebayashian

I wish this was a while back when I still remembered where I'd just seen it. Cant relocate the reserach I read then but here is some at least: Gaze-Tracking Finds That Peacocks' Tails Don't Impress Females

interesting that they according to the last article seem more keen if anything on avoiding estrogen dominance then seeking out hihg androgenic traits.
It is interesting still a vastly different claim, I appreciate you digging up the research though. Ty

That seems to make a lot of sense, usually in men its the faggy bitchy kind of behaviors that really turn women off despite how muscular a man is. Makes even more sense when chronic high estrogen is linked to chronic stress.

Even in male friend groups there is active filtering pressure against high estrogenic behavior.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals