The theory of Tocotrienols toxicity.

Dr. B

Has anyone noticed a deterioration in the condition of teeth from industrial products with palm oil, such as (presumably) various waffles, sweets, chocolate? Also whole grain bread. I noticed.

As I mentioned, I suspect tocotrienols (not sugar) are probably responsible for the deterioration of the teeth.

Also, I seem to have forgotten to mention, it may be related to atherosclerosis.
Why would palm oil or tocotrienols cause it
Do you think its even from digesting palm oil or just its reaction when it touches teeth. The supplements are encapsulated so dont touch the teeth. Macadamia nuts supposedly are also a rich source of tocotrienols. I wonder if coconut oil also has some. They seem to be in the tropical fats, doesnt soybean oil have like 0 tocotrienols. Supplements are almost always frok palm oil whereas tocopherols are from soybean or sunflower

Isn’t bread high in phosphorus

Dutchie

I'm in need of a Vit.E supplement (to hopefully save the small amount of fare skin I have left), however I have genes that don't do well on high alpha-tocopherol.
So,after an extensive search I found a supplement with mixed tocopherols and a not too bad carrier oil (olive oil).

However the capsule also contains 24.4mg mixed tocotrienols. Would this classify as 'a smaller amount' which Ray spoke of ? (for being beneficial....actually I only care for it not to do damage).

Dr. B

I'm in need of a Vit.E supplement (to hopefully save the small amount of fare skin I have left), however I have genes that don't do well on high alpha-tocopherol.
So,after an extensive search I found a supplement with mixed tocopherols and a not too bad carrier oil (olive oil).

However the capsule also contains 24.4mg mixed tocotrienols. Would this classify as 'a smaller amount' which Ray spoke of ? (for being beneficial....actually I only care for it not to do damage).
I don’t understand this
Are you saying vitamin E has anti melanin effects? How would it save fare skin

What issues do you get with alpha tocopherol? Have you tried thornes ultimate E yet?
This is very interesting...

I haven’t seen what dosage recommends but i imagine a 10:1 ratio of tocopherol to tocotrienol could be safe...?

Dutchie

I don’t understand this
Are you saying vitamin E has anti melanin effects? How would it save fare skin

What issues do you get with alpha tocopherol? Have you tried thornes ultimate E yet?
This is very interesting...

I haven’t seen what dosage recommends but i imagine a 10:1 ratio of tocopherol to tocotrienol could be safe...?
I'm thinking the vit.E keeps the spot formation at bay (...though it also could've been the Astaxanthin in the salmon at the time). So,it's definitely not the solution, but more like a bandaid.

It was years ago when I stopped the Vit.E supplement and was dealing with lots of issues. At the time I had done 23andMe, which showed a faulty gene negatively tied to alpha tocopherols.
So,it's not that I think alpha is bad but it switches on unfavourable genes for me.

Dr. B

I'm thinking the vit.E keeps the spot formation at bay (...though it also could've been the Astaxanthin in the salmon at the time). So,it's definitely not the solution, but more like a bandaid.

It was years ago when I stopped the Vit.E supplement and was dealing with lots of issues. At the time I had done 23andMe, which showed a faulty gene negatively tied to alpha tocopherols.
So,it's not that I think alpha is bad but it switches on unfavourable genes for me.
What do you think alpha tocopherol does to you
Wjat if you take it in an equivalent ratio with gamma tocopherol and
Some other mixed tocopherols

OP
D

Daniil

Why would palm oil or tocotrienols cause it
Do you think its even from digesting palm oil or just its reaction when it touches teeth. The supplements are encapsulated so dont touch the teeth. Macadamia nuts supposedly are also a rich source of tocotrienols. I wonder if coconut oil also has some. They seem to be in the tropical fats, doesnt soybean oil have like 0 tocotrienols. Supplements are almost always frok palm oil whereas tocopherols are from soybean or sunflower

Isn’t bread high in phosphorus
Yes, bread is rich in phosphorus, but I usually eat quite a lot of white bread, like without problems.

I think this effect is not due to the tocotrinols touching the teeth. Perhaps it is mediated by some hormonal effects or the effects on mineral metabolism or something similar.

Coconut oil is somewhere in the same place as olive oil. That's not a lot of tocotrienols.

aniciete

Yes, bread is rich in phosphorus, but I usually eat quite a lot of white bread, like without problems.

I think this effect is not due to the tocotrinols touching the teeth. Perhaps it is mediated by some hormonal effects or the effects on mineral metabolism or something similar.

Coconut oil is somewhere in the same place as olive oil. That's not a lot of tocotrienols.
I thought you were on 0 starch?

Dutchie

What do you think alpha tocopherol does to you
Wjat if you take it in an equivalent ratio with gamma tocopherol and
Some other mixed tocopherols
It's been years ago, so I don't remember exactly anymore (I should write these things down) but it was related to estrogen dominance symptoms.

The supplement was alpha-tocopherol only, that's why I've been looking for a mixed tocopherol supplement this time. However the only one I found without garbage carrier oil in it,that I can get, is with mixed tocotrienols as well.
Regardless, even the alpha tocopherol-only versions I find, all have garbage oils (mainly soy or sunflower).

Dr. B

It's been years ago, so I don't remember exactly anymore (I should write these things down) but it was related to estrogen dominance symptoms.

The supplement was alpha-tocopherol only, that's why I've been looking for a mixed tocopherol supplement this time. However the only one I found without garbage carrier oil in it,that I can get, is with mixed tocotrienols as well.
Regardless, even the alpha tocopherol-only versions I find, all have garbage oils (mainly soy or sunflower).
Which country are you in

Andy316

@Daniil what would be a safe cooking oil and carbohydrate source if one is trying to avoid tocotrienols? I avoid potatoes as resistant starch does not agree with me.

OP
D

Daniil

@Daniil what would be a safe cooking oil and carbohydrate source if one is trying to avoid tocotrienols? I avoid potatoes as resistant starch does not agree with me.
Animal fats are low in tocotrienols. Coconut oil is safe in my opinion. As for carbs, I think refined grains, sugar and honey should be ok.

Now I sometimes eat white barley, and I boil it for a very long time to destroy the tocotrienols.

OP
D

Daniil

Animal fats are low in tocotrienols. Coconut oil is safe in my opinion. As for carbs, I think refined grains, sugar and honey should be ok.

Now I sometimes eat white barley, and I boil it for a very long time to destroy the tocotrienols.
I changed my mind, sugar and honey is better not to eat. I now feel sorry for the bees who work collecting honey, and then it is taken from them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals