The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being

AOSJ

Forum Supporter

JohnHafterson

Niacin ( nicotinic acid ) the flushing version can cause blood sugar issues. There are papers on it causing diabetes in certain people.

Use it long enough at certain doses and it may give you metabolic issues.

Mileage may very but when I use it my blood sugars shoot threw the roof BUT I'm an insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic so one's mileage may very.

I cannot use without needing higher does of insulin.

I have found benefits to it including increasing peripheral circulation and other things but I can't play around with blood sugar and insulin doses.

PopSocket

Niacin ( nicotinic acid ) the flushing version can cause blood sugar issues. There are papers on it causing diabetes in certain people.

Use it long enough at certain doses and it may give you metabolic issues.

Mileage may very but when I use it my blood sugars shoot threw the roof BUT I'm an insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic so one's mileage may very.

I cannot use without needing higher does of insulin.

I have found benefits to it including increasing peripheral circulation and other things but I can't play around with blood sugar and insulin doses.
What doses have you used that started causing issues ?

JohnHafterson

What doses have you used that started causing issues ?
As low as 100-150 mg niacin dose increase blood sugar. Higher doses 250-500mg moreso.

PopSocket

As low as 100-150 mg niacin dose increase blood sugar. Higher doses 250-500mg moreso.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Obviously in some cases it could cause blood sugar issiues and I wonder why that is.

By any chance you eat a higher fat diet?

Heard Chris Masterjohn talking about TMG and adding methyl donors to avoid the high blood sugar issues.

JohnHafterson

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Obviously in some cases it could cause blood sugar issiues and I wonder why that is.

By any chance you eat a higher fat diet?

Heard Chris Masterjohn talking about TMG and adding methyl donors to avoid the high blood sugar issues.

Diet didn't didn't matter. Effect was the same regardless of what I ate.

Niacin lowers fatty acids in the blood. There's a rebound effect to increase fatty acids.

This causes a temporary insulin resistance in the body.

Niacin effects adrenaline, increases growth hormone which increases fatty acids and blood sugar among other things.

Mileage may vary among people and dose differences may yield different results.

Interesting about TMG. I like to keep things simple so taking another supplement to mitigate the effects of particular supplement seems complicated.

Also Ray cautioned against taking methyl donors. TMG can cause sleep issues among other things. But I know some people seem to benefit from it like it.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals