Tianeptine Should I Use?

M

member 2106

A good strategy is using a drug to overcome the inertia from not wanting to be around things you don't like, and then forcing yourself around those things under the influence of the drug.

This.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

Well I will maybe give it a try. I only have 20 bucks to my name and I dont think you can get it prescribed in canada tho

M

member 2106

I've been reading a bit about Tianeptine, and have noticed quite a few accounts of terrible withdrawals and dependence. So if that's what puts you off Benzodiazpines, be aware that Tianeptine may pose similar risks - possibly even more so if it became something you used every day. And if it's something you'd be buying from an online company, you'd have to ensure a reliable supply!

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

I've been reading a bit about Tianeptine, and have noticed quite a few accounts of terrible withdrawals and dependence. So if that's what puts you off Benzodiazpines, be aware that Tianeptine may pose similar risks - possibly even more so if it became something you used every day. And if it's something you'd be buying from an online company, you'd have to ensure a reliable supply!

danm that stinks.. danm feels like I am really trapped now

InChristAlone

I just listened to this video, they interview Barry in a previous video and in this one she talks about how she got over her fear of driving on the freeway. She used no drugs. Write down each step and go for it, you've got nothing to lose, panic attacks will not hurt you.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

I just listened to this video, they interview Barry in a previous video and in this one she talks about how she got over her fear of driving on the freeway. She used no drugs. Write down each step and go for it, you've got nothing to lose, panic attacks will not hurt you.

Gonna watch it now!

M

member 2106

danm that stinks.. danm feels like I am really trapped now

Beta blockers are another option.

Remember that Benzodiazepines only cause problems if you take them more than needed. I've been prescribed Diazepam for three years and have not once felt addicted to them or suffered withdrawals.

I wouldn't rule them out. Talk to your doctor about them. I know there's a lot of horror stories, as there are about pretty much any drug on the market, but I genuinely think they can be part of a viable strategy for treatment.

Wishing you all the best.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

People seem to get WD from using recreationally? Quote " I started off with taking about 250 mg per day" HOLY ***t! You do know the therapeutic dosage for Tianeptine is 12.5mg x3 daily, right? I took it for a year at that dosage then really comfortably got off of it, it gave me great anti-depressant benefits but I no longer needed it. Was your goal just to get high or something?"

Not discrediting your research. Just most of the stories I am reading seem to be people who really dont need it and are megadosing. Kindof like what I used to do with vitamin supplements. I hate my doctor but maybe I can get a pshyciatrist

M

member 2106

I'm sure that if you used something Tianeptine sensibly, and tapered off it in the appropriate way, it would be fine. Same with most drugs I think. But I'm no expert. I've thought about Tianeptine myself, but I prefer to take medication under the supervision of a doctor. I guess I'd be worried that I'd run out, and then for some reason couldn't get a hold of some when I needed it. But maybe that's over-cautious.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

Totally understand I have the same worry. I would love a professionals guidance and help. I feel totally isolated with this condition that is self created.. It makes it even harder to get rid of now that I am aware that it is self fulfilling. Oh well all part of recovery I suppose

Sucrates

Tianeptine has different effects, and the dose and frequency are relevant to those differing effects. I would consider those large doses very different from the standard therapeutic dose. I did a lot of reading before trying it myself. I think anything that lowers serotonin might be helpful.

InChristAlone

Are you free of panic when you just stay at home or is this bleeding into your everyday life?

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

Are you free of panic when you just stay at home or is this bleeding into your everyday life?

I used to have anxiety everywhere. That was the OMG I think I have (insert deficiency here). Being homebound and not being able to go to the hospital I got a blood test here that squashed that theory.

So now I know its all in my head so that quieted it down a bit. Its just taking that first trip thats been so difficult. I feel helpless. Well see if I can ask about medication I just know from reading ray peats stuff that serotonin is not the way to go.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

Tianeptine has different effects, and the dose and frequency are relevant to those differing effects. I would consider those large doses very different from the standard therapeutic dose. I did a lot of reading before trying it myself. I think anything that lowers serotonin might be helpful.

What was your expereince? Did it change you alot or? My imagination runs wild

Sucrates

What was your expereince? Did it change you alot or? My imagination runs wild

I've used 3x12.5mg per day far a few weeks a couple of times. I didn't notice much, but I didn't have anxiety,depression or GI problems when I used it.

InChristAlone

When did you first become scared to leave the house? Did you have a bad panic attack while you were out? It is always the first one that causes subsequent irrational fears, but the more you give power to the fear the more the amygdala stores that information to protect you, you have to convince your amygdala there is no danger.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

When did you first become scared to leave the house? Did you have a bad panic attack while you were out? It is always the first one that causes subsequent irrational fears, but the more you give power to the fear the more the amygdala stores that information to protect you, you have to convince your amygdala there is no danger.

January it started I was driving at night and it was pouring rain. Somehow I felt disconnected from the world and started to scream. I pulled over and rolled onto the ground screaming for my life. Felt like I couldent breathe at all.

InChristAlone

Sounds similar to what happened to that lady in the video I posted about. Except in her case she couldn't even pull over! You probably were experiencing a blood sugar crash, it is common while driving especially if conditions are not good. I always keep something in my purse for when it happens, so that I don't panic. It is essential to stay fueled up to prevent these crashes. I know what you mean about feeling like you are suffocating, but in actuality it is just that you are shallow breathing. Bag breathing can help calm this reaction. Even just holding your hands over your mouth so you re breathing some of the CO2 can help bring you out of a panic attack. Once you know all the mechanisms for the feelings you can start to separate yourself from them... just say "who cares, my heart is pounding but its not dangerous, I'm going to be okay". Thats not dismissing your feelings, you are just telling your amygdala you are not in danger.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

Sounds similar to what happened to that lady in the video I posted about. Except in her case she couldn't even pull over! You probably were experiencing a blood sugar crash, it is common while driving especially if conditions are not good. I always keep something in my purse for when it happens, so that I don't panic. It is essential to stay fueled up to prevent these crashes. I know what you mean about feeling like you are suffocating, but in actuality it is just that you are shallow breathing. Bag breathing can help calm this reaction. Even just holding your hands over your mouth so you re breathing some of the CO2 can help bring you out of a panic attack. Once you know all the mechanisms for the feelings you can start to separate yourself from them... just say "who cares, my heart is pounding but its not dangerous, I'm going to be okay". Thats not dismissing your feelings, you are just telling your amygdala you are not in danger.

It prob was. I came from my moms house who always feeds us "Health foods" lots of soup fiber whole grain pasta and stuff.

Ok so what is the best way to deal with a crash? A vial of sugar? How many grams is there something i can stealthy but in my pocket in case?

Should I get a gloucouse meter?

tomisonbottom

I have agoraphobia and panic disorder labeled by my doctor. I live in canada and the winter is starting soon. Ha-vent left my home since February this year. Been looking for help but no therapists or counselors want to do home visits which SUCKS.

Doctor prescribed me SSRI, sleeping pills, and some anti psychosis medication. Which I burned and threw away. Though now I am getting really depressed about the situation. Learning about learned helplessness makes me wonder about how to get out.

Some days I feel like it is almost easier to just stay here for the rest of my life (I live with my dad) but that thinking sounds dangerous and I would like to be free and change enviroment.

Tianeptine seems like the safest of the drugs too use. Ive come along way with diet and lifestyle but sometimes I feel like ***t being alone alot of the time. Using video games too cope.

Should I use it or no? I have great fears of substances after a year or two of supplement binges and having the worst trip of my life on a whole weed cookie when I was 17

Help!

Have you tried breathing exercises? It turns of the stress metabolism very effectively. Navy seals do breath training to avoid panic in intense situations. Have you tried breath holds? Or increases the length of time you breath out? For instance, breath in for 2 seconds, breath out for 4. Then over time increase to breathing out for 6 and then 8 and then 10, etc. This will increase your co2 and help calm your whole body. And it's free!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals