Tim Burmaster - A popular Fitness Influencer sharing the same principles as Ray Peat

HumanLife

Recently I came across Tim Burmaster, who is a fitness influencer with a popular YouTube channel.

From watching his short videos, the advice he shares is incredibly similar, if not the same as Ray Peat's but presentable in a manner that mainstream audiences can digest without digging too deep into the science. Enough to put the message inside the heads of viewers, even if they may disagree or aren't completely convinced.

The common recommendations in his videos are:

a) No PUFA because of their estrogenicity and harmful fatty acid oxidation.
b) Meat from ruminant animals only - organ meats and eggs are strongly recommended.
c) No alcohol because of estrogen and impairing fat loss.
d) No food or drink stored in plastic because of the microplastics.
e) Raw foods like raw honey and raw milk. (though admittedly Ray Peat recommends skimmed milk if you want less fat consumption)
f) Consistent sunlight for better overall health with more skin exposure the better - no sunblock or skin care products recommended because of estrogenicity and potential endocrine disruption.
g) Focus on lowering cortisol and stress for overall better health.
h) Coffee and carbs!
i) Good Thyroid levels.
j) Not too strenuous exercise.
k) Anti-harmful vegetables like kale and ideally fruit is consumed instead.
l) Overall strong focus on metabolism for healthy fat loss with no calorie counting involved and overall good endocrine health.

Tim does focus more on eating more high-quality animal meat, and thus more protein, but he balances this out with the consumption of collagen, eggs and raw milk.

He is 37-years old and has a wife and two kids, and in my opinion, he looks like he could pass off as mid 20s.

The only supplements he takes are beef collagen, magnesium, and methylene blue. The combination of two tablespoons of gelatin and methylene blue was even recently promoted by one of the top Ray Peat voices as being helpful in anti-aging.

His videos also come off as calm with a chill demeanor - which is considered low serotonin. There is no sensationalism, but information being given straight in a digestible manner with no argumentative or condensing tone, which helps put the focus more on the information.

---

This post is not meant as an advertisement or promotion of him but what one could consider someone who follows the same or similar principles Ray Peat as a "success" story based on what similar information Ray shared in his articles, interviews and e-mails. With Ray Peat writings gaining more popularity, it is good to note who is sharing similar content as him (I am also not accusing Tim Burmaster of copying Ray Peat's ideas - though if he is, then it is good flattery, and people who find the same ideas as Ray's from someone else usually find Ray's work anyway). You could also use the short videos to send to friends and family to slowly convince them.

Elie

Forum Supporter
He seems to promote 5%-10% carb consumption. I.e. ketogenic diet. Not RP inspired.

Recently I came across Tim Burmaster, who is a fitness influencer with a popular YouTube channel.

From watching his short videos, the advice he shares is incredibly similar, if not the same as Ray Peat's but presentable in a manner that mainstream audiences can digest without digging too deep into the science. Enough to put the message inside the heads of viewers, even if they may disagree or aren't completely convinced.

The common recommendations in his videos are:

a) No PUFA because of their estrogenicity and harmful fatty acid oxidation.
b) Meat from ruminant animals only - organ meats and eggs are strongly recommended.
c) No alcohol because of estrogen and impairing fat loss.
d) No food or drink stored in plastic because of the microplastics.
e) Raw foods like raw honey and raw milk. (though admittedly Ray Peat recommends skimmed milk if you want less fat consumption)
f) Consistent sunlight for better overall health with more skin exposure the better - no sunblock or skin care products recommended because of estrogenicity and potential endocrine disruption.
g) Focus on lowering cortisol and stress for overall better health.
h) Coffee and carbs!
i) Good Thyroid levels.
j) Not too strenuous exercise.
k) Anti-harmful vegetables like kale and ideally fruit is consumed instead.
l) Overall strong focus on metabolism for healthy fat loss with no calorie counting involved and overall good endocrine health.

Tim does focus more on eating more high-quality animal meat, and thus more protein, but he balances this out with the consumption of collagen, eggs and raw milk.

He is 37-years old and has a wife and two kids, and in my opinion, he looks like he could pass off as mid 20s.

The only supplements he takes are beef collagen, magnesium, and methylene blue. The combination of two tablespoons of gelatin and methylene blue was even recently promoted by one of the top Ray Peat voices as being helpful in anti-aging.

His videos also come off as calm with a chill demeanor - which is considered low serotonin. There is no sensationalism, but information being given straight in a digestible manner with no argumentative or condensing tone, which helps put the focus more on the information.

---

This post is not meant as an advertisement or promotion of him but what one could consider someone who follows the same or similar principles Ray Peat as a "success" story based on what similar information Ray shared in his articles, interviews and e-mails. With Ray Peat writings gaining more popularity, it is good to note who is sharing similar content as him (I am also not accusing Tim Burmaster of copying Ray Peat's ideas - though if he is, then it is good flattery, and people who find the same ideas as Ray's from someone else usually find Ray's work anyway). You could also use the short videos to send to friends and family to slowly convince them.
Apart from his low carb consumption, it is pretty good advice, and he looks great.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Apart from his low carb consumption, it is pretty good advice, and he looks great.
That's true. He does look great. A full head of hair. Many keto folks are bald.
I'm surprised 5% to 10% carbs hasn't caught up with him.

OP
H

HumanLife

He seems to promote 5%-10% carb consumption. I.e. ketogenic diet. Not RP inspired.
Hmm, where has he said that recently? He has recipes where he promotes smoothies, yoghurts and sweet potatoes. It doesn’t make sense for a keto influencer to promote any of those since it would be so easy to jump the 20g carbohydrates that would prevent ketosis. He has recipes that are more on the fat and protein too.

He is more protein based and less carb based, but that is more on the lower carb side of things than actual keto. Not even low carb, just achieving less carbs than protein. From my understanding, the low carb recommendations are so they don’t exceed the protein. I haven’t seen him mention keto recently anywhere - though I just googled his name and keto up and he did recommend a keto coffee 4 years ago. His website doesn’t mention keto (though he may if you pay for his services?). He may have incorporated more of Ray’s principles since then and put in more carbs like raw honey, raw milk and fruit.

Attachments

• 9811EDC5-9AB3-45EA-9669-3EB74EC57CE1.jpeg
    9811EDC5-9AB3-45EA-9669-3EB74EC57CE1.jpeg
    793.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 849F3E4E-A096-4A93-B6A6-0C67264DD798.jpeg
    849F3E4E-A096-4A93-B6A6-0C67264DD798.jpeg
    715.7 KB · Views: 27
  • F721F126-6B4E-4B77-8540-FD4AAFE2F668.jpeg
    F721F126-6B4E-4B77-8540-FD4AAFE2F668.jpeg
    1,001 KB · Views: 26
That's true. He does look great. A full head of hair. Many keto folks are bald.
I'm surprised 5% to 10% carbs hasn't caught up with him.
It is probably because he has an awesome job, that he enjoys, and a perfect lifestyle.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals