Too high levels of b vitamins w/o supplementation

TheSir

So my b12 and folate are above their respective reference ranges. I haven't supplemented B vitamins in over a year. I also have high ferritin and lowish transferrin.

All of these except folate are linked to inflammation. That's the only correlation I've found. Yet I intuit that they all have something more to do with each other. Any ideas?

LLight

They found in a study on Ramadan that B12 and folate increased during it:
Screenshot_20230926-170755.jpg

You may be in a situation where they are not entering the cells so intracellularly due to lack of cofactors, genetic defects, heavy metals. I would do an MMA blood test and a hair mineral test.

OP
TheSir

TheSir

They found in a study on Ramadan that B12 and folate increased during it:
View attachment 56030
Hmm, interesting. Wonder what causes it. In the study the average for b12 was less than 300 pg/ml. Mine is around 700.

You may be in a situation where they are not entering the cells so intracellularly due to lack of cofactors, genetic defects, heavy metals. I would do an MMA blood test and a hair mineral test.
Thanks. Unfortunately MMA is not available here. I just got my latest HTMA results back today, but I don't think it provides any insight into this situation due to too many metals being in the poor eliminator ranges. See if you agree:
Screenshot_20230926-185127_Dropbox.jpg

OP
TheSir

TheSir

Gregory Russel Jones thinks it’s due to functional B2 deficiency. High B12/B9/B6 in the serum, but poor cellular utilization.

Wow! This could be it. So in other words, b12 needs b2 to function. Then what does b2 need to function? Selenium and iodine. Now check this: any time I take selenium or iodine, my twitching and breathing problems become worse. Could the explanation be that they burn through the already low stores of b2, thus making the b12 deficiency even worse? Twitching and breathing problems are symptoms of b12 deficiency...

Thank you, thank you. You might have just given me the solution to an incapacitating 16 month health crisis.

youngsinatra

Wow! This could be it. So in other words, b12 needs b2 to function. Then what does b2 need to function? Selenium and iodine. Now check this: any time I take selenium or iodine, my twitching and breathing problems become worse. Could the explanation be that they burn through the already low stores of b2, thus making the b12 deficiency even worse? Twitching and breathing problems are symptoms of b12 deficiency...

Thank you, thank you. You might have just given me the solution to an incapacitating 16 month health crisis.
Could very well be. If you are interested, I‘d recommend the facebook group „Understanding B12 deficiency“ that talk about his protocol, quotes, PDFs etc.

Best wishes!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals