Travis’ Quora Page

It's just a part of life that smoking things smells amazing. Roasted food, tobacco, cannabis, incence, a campfire etc. I wanna live my life.

CoconutEffect

Have you tried cypro with it? A year ago I was room bound and nonfunctional with learned helplessness, panic disorder, and some OCD. Cypro, buspirone and tobacco broke me out of it and I've had the most productive year of my life. But there is no accounting for infinitely complex biological differences....
I’m on 1.5 mg / day transdermal, it doesn’t seem to help all that much except quell early morning waking stress, and help with Psychedelic “comedown”

What did Buspar do for you? Tobacco / nicotine feels great, but not when overlaid over my usual stress physiology, lockdowns also made me very ill and I’m still not quite recovered.
Praise @haidut for camphosal 5adhp progestene diamant

I’m planning a Klonopin taper, I also have a company to run, it’s getting dark in NYC and I need the sun.

This Travis news is making me very upset.
I was shattered at 19 with Paxil overdose and extreme fad dieting

schultz

His answer was: no. He said nicotine has some good affects but inhaling smoke of any kind is extremely toxic and carcinogenic.

I know almost nothing about tobacco. If it’s so beneficial why not just chew it? Maybe even make tea with it? I can’t see why breathing in smoke would be necessary.

All this talk about smoking... Smoke is carcinogenic and estrogenic. It's nicotine, and maybe some other things in the tobacco, that have positive effects. You can administer those in other ways than smoking them. Smoking is retarded.

Anyways RIP Travis, he made a lot of very good posts.

+1

I think smoking anything is not healthy. If you're using it for health reasons, there are clearly better ways to administer it.

It's just a part of life that smoking things smells amazing. Roasted food, tobacco, cannabis, incence, a campfire etc. I wanna live my life.

Fair enough! I think people were just objecting to the idea that smoking is a healthy way to administer tobacco. If you find it enjoyable then that is different. Enjoy those cigarettes good sir!

InChristAlone

You ever tried it raw?

I had the same reaction to Methylfolate. Anger brain
I have not! Closest I came to raw was like medium rare steak. But yeah I have tried the methyl vitamins and it wasn't pretty.

InChristAlone

I had a very similar thought process in terms of his death but didn’t have the courage to mention the word suicide first. Of course, it’s all speculation, but based on @ecstatichamster post I began to place more weight on the notion.

There was another very intelligent blogger I read about, who unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but passed away at a young age as well, I believe in his 40s. He had some very keen insights into human as a being in relation to the world, which piqued my interest and made me read up more on him. When I found out about his diet, it threw many red flags to me. A diet comprised of entirely select fruits, vegetation, and other plants. Such a diet has some huge favors in terms of intellect, as someone like Travis displayed.

This writer eventually “wasted” away. His final entries were a crippling and depressing introspection into a man fully aware of his declining physical body and the life leaving him. I wish I could recall who this guy was to provide better detail, but my concluding thoughts were that this was a case of a man who was so possessed by what he thought was the best diet for him that it eventually killed him.

I think there are a group of people who become addicted to a certain conscious state of hyper intellectual and cognitive ability that they end up sacrificing a lot in other physical arenas. In my own opinion, based on extensive self-experimentation, tobacco and coffee are a far cry from net positive substances, and the perceived benefits mask the underlying damage they cause. I recall Travis pridefully revealing the large amounts of tobacco and coffee he would consume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was in some way to revel in the same realm as other intellectual powerhouses who smoked and drank coffee to fuel their intellectual supremacy. But genius can have its own price, and perhaps it doesn’t necessarily guarantee a good life in the grand scheme of things.

I recall many times vainly attempting to read through Travis’s work. In reality the majority of his writings were on levels too far beyond me, but I felt a strong comfort in reading through his work that he was a true scientist, someone who worked honestly and deeply knew the intrinsic workings of the universe. It helped a lot that he chose this community for a large amount of his writings, and I recall feeling very warm at seeing him affirm many of Peat’s ideas.

I will be honest and say that I do have this narrative where it’s almost as if I want his passing to be suicide so that he neatly fits a paradigm I have in my head. But I must be honest and conclude that ultimately I cannot know and must not believe too strongly any of my conclusions. It is a tragedy that such an intelligent and illuminating person has passed. We are all the better for having encountered him in our lives.
Totally agree! Well said.

OP
R J

R J

It's likely over blown and agenda driven/cherry picked (most dippers drink a ton, which is an astronomical confounding variable); but regardless, nordic smokeless tobaccos have a much higher degree of product integrity, and virtually no TSNA content which is the primary carcinogen in American smokeless tobacco.

Do you have any types and places to buy from
Except that things didn't really shut down much around 9/11. Most places stopped operations for a day or two, the stock market closed for like a week, and sporting events were delayed a week or two. Even airlines were flying again within the month.

Plus, add to that, there was an ACTUAL disaster. It doesn't matter if you believe the official story that the laws of physics failed that day and allowed two airplanes to cause three skyscrapers in New York to collapse at free fall speed, or if you are more grounded in reality and believe it was a controlled demolition. The Twin Towers (and Building 7) were gone, a pile of rubble all that remained. Oh, and some sort of attack on the Pentagon. Lots of lies around the story, sure, but a real genuine disaster.

There is still NO PROOF that any "novel" coronavirus was ever discovered in China, nor that it has been detected anywhere in the world.

No Koch's Postulates.
No Electron Micrographs.
No "Available Virus Isolate," at least to the CDC, FDA, and WHO.
No fulfillment of Neil Ferguson's Prophecy of 2 Million Dead Americans and overflowing hospitals.
No global increase in All Cause Mortality.

COVID is a total fairy tale. Everything about this so called Pandemic is fake, not just the story sold on how it happened, or who was responsible.

I’m talking about mass deception and wrongdoing on a whole. The details can be totally different but the negative energy behind it is similar if not the same.

OP
R J

R J

I agree. And life is not nearly as good, with masks everywhere. Idiot family members worried about idiotic things, refusing to look at the facts and just acting out of stupid emotion. No opera, no concerts, no live music, no museums. Sure now the museum is open I hear if you wear a mask, but I am not going to wear a mask.

And something tells me 2021 ain't going to be any better.

I see people all around me super depressed.

If you don’t want to wear a mask you don’t have to, if you want to go to a museum or whatever just phone ahead and say you have a medical exemption so you’re making sure the employees know not to bug you

Last edited:
OP
R J

R J

I had a very similar thought process in terms of his death but didn’t have the courage to mention the word suicide first. Of course, it’s all speculation, but based on @ecstatichamster post I began to place more weight on the notion.

There was another very intelligent blogger I read about, who unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but passed away at a young age as well, I believe in his 40s. He had some very keen insights into human as a being in relation to the world, which piqued my interest and made me read up more on him. When I found out about his diet, it threw many red flags to me. A diet comprised of entirely select fruits, vegetation, and other plants. Such a diet has some huge favors in terms of intellect, as someone like Travis displayed.

This writer eventually “wasted” away. His final entries were a crippling and depressing introspection into a man fully aware of his declining physical body and the life leaving him. I wish I could recall who this guy was to provide better detail, but my concluding thoughts were that this was a case of a man who was so possessed by what he thought was the best diet for him that it eventually killed him.

I think there are a group of people who become addicted to a certain conscious state of hyper intellectual and cognitive ability that they end up sacrificing a lot in other physical arenas. In my own opinion, based on extensive self-experimentation, tobacco and coffee are a far cry from net positive substances, and the perceived benefits mask the underlying damage they cause. I recall Travis pridefully revealing the large amounts of tobacco and coffee he would consume. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was in some way to revel in the same realm as other intellectual powerhouses who smoked and drank coffee to fuel their intellectual supremacy. But genius can have its own price, and perhaps it doesn’t necessarily guarantee a good life in the grand scheme of things.

I recall many times vainly attempting to read through Travis’s work. In reality the majority of his writings were on levels too far beyond me, but I felt a strong comfort in reading through his work that he was a true scientist, someone who worked honestly and deeply knew the intrinsic workings of the universe. It helped a lot that he chose this community for a large amount of his writings, and I recall feeling very warm at seeing him affirm many of Peat’s ideas.

I will be honest and say that I do have this narrative where it’s almost as if I want his passing to be suicide so that he neatly fits a paradigm I have in my head. But I must be honest and conclude that ultimately I cannot know and must not believe too strongly any of my conclusions. It is a tragedy that such an intelligent and illuminating person has passed. We are all the better for having encountered him in our lives.

You can know if it was suicide or not, obviously people know. All someone has to do is tell you. Ecstatic hamster made it sound like his note he sent before he died was revealing enough.

OP
R J

R J

All this talk about smoking... Smoke is carcinogenic and estrogenic. It's nicotine, and maybe some other things in the tobacco, that have positive effects. You can administer those in other ways than smoking them. Smoking is retarded.

Anyways RIP Travis, he made a lot of very good posts.

Nightlight’s thread shows some instances where inhaling smoke is healthy compared to non smokers

Last edited:
OP
R J

R J

I’m on 1.5 mg / day transdermal, it doesn’t seem to help all that much except quell early morning waking stress, and help with Psychedelic “comedown”

What did Buspar do for you? Tobacco / nicotine feels great, but not when overlaid over my usual stress physiology, lockdowns also made me very ill and I’m still not quite recovered.
Praise @haidut for camphosal 5adhp progestene diamant

I’m planning a Klonopin taper, I also have a company to run, it’s getting dark in NYC and I need the sun.

This Travis news is making me very upset.
I was shattered at 19 with Paxil overdose and extreme fad dieting

How did lockdowns make you ill? You stayed indoors instead of going outside? You got ill
because your favourite restaraunt closed?

aguineapig

Do you have any types and places to buy from

I’m talking about mass deception and wrongdoing on a whole. The details can be totally different but the negative energy behind it is similar if not the same.

Toque snuff, mr. Snuff . com. Snuff store . com. For snus there are a number of websites like snus direct and snus central. Alternatively, most us towns have a smoke shop or gas station that has a small fridge of general snus. They are portions but you can rip the little tea bags open and use a smaller amount. More is not better with tobacco. I have decades worth of tobacco stored but only use a tiny amount daily.

If you haven't used tobacco before and don't know if you are able to moderate I would suggest not starting, unless you have a serious health concern like ibs or colitis, or a moderately severe mental disorder. I had both so the cost benefit analysis passed muster.

cjm

"The plague individual fights against other ways of living even where they do not touch him at all."

^I posted this earlier and it predicted some of the emotional responses on this thread. The proselytizing against smoking seems very personal and a little fascist.

Linoleic acid kills, I think we could all agree on that. Where are the anti-soybean oil militants?

Only a deranged person is against harm reduction. That's not what this is about.

Smoking does touch non-smoker's lives, e.g., no one should have to endure second-hand smoke if they don't want to. That's what indoor smoking bans and outdoor smoking corrals are about.

I don't have a dog in this fight other than the pursuit of pleasure and experimentation at my own expense, but I can't tolerate someone telling me what's good or bad for me.

If I'm not interfering with your pursuit of whatever, then you have no business policing my behavior.

InChristAlone

"The plague individual fights against other ways of living even where they do not touch him at all."

^I posted this earlier and it predicted some of the emotional responses on this thread. The proselytizing against smoking seems very personal and a little fascist.

Linoleic acid kills, I think we could all agree on that. Where are the anti-soybean oil militants?

Only a deranged person is against harm reduction. That's not what this is about.

Smoking does touch non-smoker's lives, e.g., no one should have to endure second-hand smoke if they don't want to. That's what indoor smoking bans and outdoor smoking corrals are about.

I don't have a dog in this fight other than the pursuit of pleasure and experimentation at my own expense, but I can't tolerate someone telling me what's good or bad for me.

If I'm not interfering with your pursuit of whatever, then you have no business policing my behavior.
I'm not sure anyone was policing anyone. This is a health forum and as such we talk about the risk vs benefit of things.

cjm

I'm not sure anyone was policing anyone. This is a health forum and as such we talk about the risk vs benefit of things.

Yes, no one's tackling me and taking the cig out of my hand, and no doubt open discussion is great, this is a wonderful place for tinkering with wacky ideas, but it's a thin line between shaming and policing. The comment about "smoking is retarded" comes to mind.

tankasnowgod

Fair, but I was talking about how this operation was making me personally depressed, whereas 9/11 did not have such an affect (or at least one to this degree).

OP
R J

R J

Fair, but I was talking about how this operation was making me personally depressed, whereas 9/11 did not have such an affect (or at least one to this degree).

I wish I could explain how easy it is not to care . I just don’t give a $hite anymore. I flow like water . I just detach.

OP
R J

R J

Yes, no one's tackling me and taking the cig out of my hand, and no doubt open discussion is great, this is a wonderful place for tinkering with wacky ideas, but it's a thin line between shaming and policing. The comment about "smoking is retarded" comes to mind.

That person was probably just projecting a little

OP
R J

R J

I get that it's easy FOR YOU. But I thought you were asking about my experience.

I was and then also blogposting about my experience. It’s actually kind of fun to navigate through a dumb slave society . I always liked living on the fringes and off the excesses.

Jennifer

:( This. It’s heartbreaking to think he may have taken his own life. I just hope if that’s the case that he didn’t suffer in silence, that he had someone to talk to, really talk to. I don’t want to speculate, I’ll just say I have a lot of empathy for those who are in so much pain that ending their life seems like the best option. Anyway, no parent should have to bury their child...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals