TRT / Palps help

iLoveSugar

So torn right now. I quit chewing zyns a little over a month ago because I was getting really bad palpitations and arrhythmias. I kept feeling like my heart was going to stop. After a week of cutting, they went away. Since I am so prone to these, I wanted to wait to start TRT until nicotine was completely out of my system.

I have taken 4 doses of TRT thus far, (20mg each night, 4 nights in a row). I have felt better than I have in a long time. So motivated, and just overall confidence I haven't had in a long time. It may be placebo, but who cares.

Problem is--I had a bad arrhythmia last night and some subtle ones throughout today. This ***t literally scars me. I don't know whether to blame the TRT or not, but I So hope it's nothing because I want to stick on it.

Thoughts?

For anyone that has seen my posts throughout the years, nothing has worked. This finally has given me some hope, and then this...

brightside

TRT will stimulate erythropoiesis, which is known to drain B vitamins and potassium. Potassium depletion often times results in heart palps. Potassium depletion and heart palpitations are a common symptom of refeeding syndrome. That’s often seen with B1 supplementation, but TRT will definitely produce a similar effect.

Congratulations on the TRT!

It will probably be a big useful step in your healing, at least it was for me. It’s the kick you need to get working on things more proactively.

brightside

No, I’m saying you depleted your potassium by generating a large amount if red blood cells in in one go. The same happens with B1 supplements often.

But also, yeah, B1 always helps ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wonder if my asthma or sleep apnea can cause the palps as well.
Brother you been spinning your wheels on the Ray Peat way for a long time now. There is a better way and it does not include TRT.

bruschi11

No, I’m saying you depleted your potassium by generating a large amount if red blood cells in in one go. The same happens with B1 supplements often.

But also, yeah, B1 always helps ;)

I’m about to begin trt this week. I got a cream but I’m really starting to think injection may be best.

But this is refreshing to see you liken trt to b1 in this way. This is what I’ve been looking for really.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

bruschi11

Being someone who has had a 2000mg potassium drink daily the last two years on top of a diet with plenty of potassium…. It just doesn’t work that way.

Not worth going into deep explanation about my case. But sometimes people need to change body chemistry to heal. I was against hormones for years but at this point of my battle.. I would be crazy not to try some testo.

Honestly think I was crazy for not giving it a chance 2-3 years ago.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Being someone who has had a 2000mg potassium drink daily the last two years on top of a diet with plenty of potassium…. It just doesn’t work that way.

Not worth going into deep explanation about my case. But sometimes people need to change body chemistry to heal. I was against hormones for years but at this point of my battle.. I would be crazy not to try some testo.

Honestly think I was crazy for not giving it a chance 2-3 years ago.
"Vitamin" A will block potassium so if you are toxic in "vitamin A" then yes, potassium will not work.

View: https://twitter.com/NutriDetect/status/1757175952491352412

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Brother you been spinning your wheels on the Ray Peat way for a long time now. There is a better way and it does not include TRT.
My testosterone levels were low. It's definitely helped some aspects in the first month of taking it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My testosterone levels were low. It's definitely helped some aspects in the first month of taking it.
Copper toxicity and "vitamin A" toxicity wrecks a mans testosterone. Many many guys in the low toxin lifestyle are seeing their testosterone increase greatly and things down below work better then ever. It simply works brother and I would look into it you will not be disappointed.

Validus

I've been on TRT for 9 years because when I was 32 my total T measured at 290. I'm now doing everything in my power to get off of it. It's a dead end in my opinion. It didn't solve the problems I was dealing with and comes with it's own set of problems.

For all of you men who are looking to it as a solution, a few considerations for you that no one presented to me.

When your HPTA axis is shut down and you become dependent on exogenous testosterone, what would you do if supply chains and the world goes to hell and vials or sources of testosterone is no longer available? Do you understand how weak, tired and cloudy you will feel while your body attempts to restart itself? If the world is truly falling apart, is that the time you want to be in a significantly weakened state?

If you go for a long period of time and your testes atrophy, do you know that your pituitary may never successfully pump out enough LH/FSH to restart to your testes?

Do you know how you respond to hCG to prevent testicular atrophy while on TRT? Do you know how you respond to SERM's if you ever want to attempt a restart? Some men cannot handle the side effects of these at all.

Do you care about your fertility? Do you ever want to have children? Do you know about shutting down upstream hormones like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA etc?

Do you know how to modulate your testosterone dose if you start having high estrogenic side effects or are you going to do down another rabbit hole and start playing with an aromatase inhibitor like anastrozole? Are you prepared to donate blood regularly if your hematocrit becomes too high?

There is a reason your T is low and this is just another Band-Aid that will come with it's own set of problems and costs.

Don't go down this path unless you have answers to at the very least all of the questions I proposed above.

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I've been on TRT for 9 years because when I was 32 my total T measured at 290. I'm now doing everything in my power to get off of it. It's a dead end in my opinion. It didn't solve the problems I was dealing with and comes with it's own set of problems.

For all of you men who are looking to it as a solution, a few considerations for you that no one presented to me.

When your HPTA axis is shut down and you become dependent on exogenous testosterone, what would you do if supply chains and the world goes to hell and vials or sources of testosterone is no longer available? Do you understand how weak, tired and cloudy you will feel while your body attempts to restart itself? If the world is truly falling apart, is that the time you want to be in a significantly weakened state?

If you go for a long period of time and your testes atrophy, do you know that your pituitary may never successfully pump out enough LH/FSH to restart to your testes?

Do you know how you respond to hCG to prevent testicular atrophy while on TRT? Do you know how you respond to SERM's if you ever want to attempt a restart? Some men cannot handle the side effects of these at all.

Do you care about your fertility? Do you ever want to have children? Do you know about shutting down upstream hormones like pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA etc?

Do you know how to modulate your testosterone dose if you start having high estrogenic side effects or are you going to do down another rabbit hole and start playing with an aromatase inhibitor like anastrozole? Are you prepared to donate blood regularly if your hematocrit becomes too high?

There is a reason your T is low and this is just another Band-Aid that will come with it's own set of problems and costs.

Don't go down this path unless you have answers to at the very least all of the questions I proposed above.
So for someone that has been suffering for two decades looking for answers should just continue to suffer in the event that the world is ending? I've felt like literal **** for the past 20 years of my life.

What's your dose like? I'm currently taking 100mg a week split into several doses to combat any sort of estrogenic effect.

Validus

So for someone that has been suffering for two decades looking for answers should just continue to suffer in the event that the world is ending? I've felt like literal **** for the past 20 years of my life.

What's your dose like? I'm currently taking 100mg a week split into several doses to combat any sort of estrogenic effect.
Ditto on suffering. Not to start a pissing contest but I'm 41 and can say I've been suffering and getting progressively worse since around 9 years old.

My point in mentioning this is because I understand where you're coming from. I understand being desperate and willing to try anything for some relief. Hell, I've tried probably anything you could mention: AAS, hallucinogenics, all supplements, carnivore, vegetarian, fasting, meditation twice per day, a variety of medications etc.

I'm in the process of using kisspeptin-10 100 mcg every 2 hours and 500 ius of hcg every other day to try to get off.

The best protocol I landed on when taking T was test propionate 15 mg every day sub-q.

I wish you luck and hope you find what you need to feel better.

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

Ditto on suffering. Not to start a pissing contest but I'm 41 and can say I've been suffering and getting progressively worse since around 9 years old.

My point in mentioning this is because I understand where you're coming from. I understand being desperate and willing to try anything for some relief. Hell, I've tried probably anything you could mention: AAS, hallucinogenics, all supplements, carnivore, vegetarian, fasting, meditation twice per day, a variety of medications etc.

I'm in the process of using kisspeptin-10 100 mcg every 2 hours and 500 ius of hcg every other day to try to get off.

The best protocol I landed on when taking T was test propionate 15 mg every day sub-q.

I wish you luck and hope you find what you need to feel better.
That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I'm 39 and have been dealing with issues since 6. Lifelong stomach issues that's cascaded as I got older, caused me to quit school in 10th grade, etc. I'm currently doing subq myself. I'm not 100% convinced on TRT, but I'm willing to try anything to get some sort of quality of life back.

Texon

So torn right now. I quit chewing zyns a little over a month ago because I was getting really bad palpitations and arrhythmias. I kept feeling like my heart was going to stop. After a week of cutting, they went away. Since I am so prone to these, I wanted to wait to start TRT until nicotine was completely out of my system.

I have taken 4 doses of TRT thus far, (20mg each night, 4 nights in a row). I have felt better than I have in a long time. So motivated, and just overall confidence I haven't had in a long time. It may be placebo, but who cares.

Problem is--I had a bad arrhythmia last night and some subtle ones throughout today. This ***t literally scars me. I don't know whether to blame the TRT or not, but I So hope it's nothing because I want to stick on it.

Thoughts?

For anyone that has seen my posts throughout the years, nothing has worked. This finally has given me some hope, and then this...
I haven't been on the forum for awhile so maybe this is old news. But if not maybe this can help what's going on? It's a very detailed study about scrotal application of T cream.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I haven't been on the forum for awhile so maybe this is old news. But if not maybe this can help what's going on? It's a very detailed study about scrotal application of T cream.

I ironically have been considering the cream instead. My hematocrit elevated so I stopped the injections. It did help me with confidence and strength though so I want it to work.

youngsinatra

@iLoveSugar have you ever tried CoQ10? Dr. Bodo Kuklinski says that CoQ10, magnesium, potassium fixed heart issues in most of his patients. CoQ10 apparently inhibits Ca influx into the cell.

Validus

Testosterone, especially exogenous has adrenergic effects. A lot of people aren't aware of this.

Also, when our HPTA axis gets shut down, it reduces our endogenous production of progesterone. Progesterone is calming, so a reduction will amplify the adrenergic effects of testosterone. If estrogen climbs, that can also contribute via more intense emotional responses.

All of that can increase cortisol and adrenaline over time. That can lead to a decrease of magnesium and potassium stores.

All of this combined can lead to tachycardia and some fluttering.

I already chimed in once, but I was on a huge number of protocols of TRT, HRT with a number of hormones, peptides, supplements, AI's etc. I attempted with all my will to force it to work for 8 years straight. 8 years.

I also donated blood regularly, cycling between whole blood as well as double red blood cell.

Since I've been off, I've lost muscle size and put on some fat, but my heart feels better and my mind feels sharper.

If we could back up, do you have your pre-TRT lab/bloodwork we could look at?

What does your current diet, hormones, supplements and other drugs look like?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals