Unimaginable Possibilities & Impossible Minds (with photos)

Robert5493

Ok I will pass what you said on. I never heard of an air bus.
Looking closer at the lower trails there is a wide central gap, I'm thinking now it looks more like a C5.
Not very common. Know if there is a military base near there?

Attachments

• C7D1F84E-1E0B-4946-A2CF-83E99F8F5021.png
    C7D1F84E-1E0B-4946-A2CF-83E99F8F5021.png
    765.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Experiments in amphibians showed that regeneration of organs had a reciprocal relationship with the development of cancer--a tumor could be turned into a tail, for example, if it was grafted onto the stump following amputation of the tail, but factors that weakened regeneration could cause a tumor to develop. In these experiments, the normal organism's morphogenetic or epimorphic field overrode the disordered developmental field of the tumor.” -Ray Peat​

dogtrainer

"In the 1950s a group called “Synectics” was formed to study the creative process. They found that having an expert in the group could be useful, but it could also often stifle the group's ability to find a good solution to a problem. W.J.J. Gordon described their method as "trusting things that are alien, and alienating things that are trusted." They used metaphorical thinking to help them to see the complexity and potentiality of a situation, and to go beyond the existing understanding. Professors and physicians too often present themselves as having “definitive knowledge” about a subject. For people who already have “definitive knowledge” about something, anomalous facts (if they are perceived at all) will simply remain anomalous and will be quickly forgotten. The things they produce will be extensions of what already exists. For others, things that aren't easily explained have special interest, and cause them to ask new questions. New perspectives can lead to new possibilities and new realities."-Ray Peat

I have pondered much about luck and it's randomness and other unexplainable things. I think when you see things from a self position, of how things can serve your own purpose, it ends up narrowing the possibilities. Animals become "just food" and there are not too many questions left to ask. I personally see the world as having endless questions and wonder what my purpose is. When all of the questions are answered what purpose is left except self gain? If those who have gone before us had that attitude, of "self" being the purpose, would they have ever found that the world isn't flat or have have taken those steps on the moon. I am sure there were more impossible minds back then than now, discouraging their ideas, so why when the impossible is constantly coming to fruition do those impossible minds still think there are no more questions to answer?

Last year I bought two dozen eggs from the grocery store and got 13 double yolks between them, 3 in one dozen and 10 in the second dozen, and took pictures of every one! Here is are the odds of that...

"So it is no surprise that when the Daily Mail reported yesterday that a woman in Cumbria discovered a box containing six double-yolked eggs, it got the nation talking.
For the calculated odds of such an event happening are one quintillion to one against. (A quintillion is a million million million.)
How do we come to this figure? Because only one in every 1,000 eggs produced in this country is double-yolked, so the chances against getting six in a row are 1,000 to the power of six - or one quintillion."

On two occasions I found four leaf clovers. The first time I was looking for one and found seven. The second time I was nervously plucking grass without looking, while trying to break up with my boyfriend. After twirling a piece of , what I thought was grass, for awhile I looked at it and it was a four leaf clover. My boyfriend said he was gonna take it as a sign to not take no for an answer, and we have been married 25 years now.

"So what are your odds of "looking over a four-leafed clover," as the song goes? Approximately one in 10,000 clover stems will have a four-leafed mutation."

Six years ago I was looking out my window at the ominous weather when i saw a rainbow, so I took a pic. I went to get my son and his friend to come and take a look, but the rainbow was gone, and at that moment a large owl landed on the top of a cypress tree, so I took that pic. Moments later it hailed so hard and when the hail subsided I looked out the window again to see if the owl was still there and saw an AN UNBELIEVABLE amount of owls on the same cypress tree! What are the odds of that?....

"Ancient Greece, owls were a symbol of higher wisdom and associated with Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, and Strategy. And while there are no set numbers for what determines a parliament of owls, since these birds rarely congregate in large groups, smaller numbers are considered special and would be referred to as a parliament or congress."

These are seemingly impossible odds. The impossible mind would say I need to buy some lottery tickets, while the mind of unimaginable possibilities says, "what am I suppose to think about all this? Is someone trying to tell me something?" It brings to mind a verse in the Bible, John 3:12 which reads, "If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" So is it that they don't believe or they are afraid to believe, that there is more out there, waiting to be discovered and how that would impact their life, and where THEY want it to go, a bit like
the saying "Ignorance is bliss"?

For the minds of unimaginable possibilities we know that “History is merely a list of surprises. It can only prepare us to be surprised yet again.” – Kurt Vonnegut
One time, on vacation with my family, I cracked 12 double yolks in a row. The entire carton. When I saw that the first one was a double, a voice in my head goes “they’re ALL going to be double yolks.” And they were.

Like twins can run in a family, some chickens have a genetic tendency towards twins (double yolk) as well. It could possibly be that the double yolked eggs were laid by the same chicken and packaged together.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
One time, on vacation with my family, I cracked 12 double yolks in a row. The entire carton. When I saw that the first one was a double, a voice in my head goes “they’re ALL going to be double yolks.” And they were.

Like twins can run in a family, some chickens have a genetic tendency towards twins (double yolk) as well. It could possibly be that the double yolked eggs were laid by the same chicken and packaged together.
You are in a rare club to have had happen. Have you found your life to be extraordinary?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I thought I would share here my new Christmas tree tradition, decorating a ladder. People thought it was a weird idea, but it makes us happy :)

Attachments

• 04038E8C-4294-4E76-AF4E-FCEBA3F01C5A.jpeg
    04038E8C-4294-4E76-AF4E-FCEBA3F01C5A.jpeg
    867.1 KB · Views: 33

calendargirls

I thought I would share here my new Christmas tree tradition, decorating a ladder. People thought it was a weird idea, but it makes us happy :)
What a fun idea! I actually love it. I'm going to copy next year. No room in our current place for a large decorative piece, but I love the idea of using something that would otherwise be in storage most of the time, unused.

Now if you suddenly had need for a ladder... you could undress and dress this one all over again, lol.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What a fun idea! I actually love it. I'm going to copy next year. No room in our current place for a large decorative piece, but I love the idea of using something that would otherwise be in storage most of the time, unused.

Now if you suddenly had need for a ladder... you could undress and dress this one all over again, lol.
Thank you! To your point about decorating something that would be sitting there is what I like too. It seems almost counterproductive cutting down a live tree to watch it die in my living room. So one year I took our leftover live tree and saved it for the following year to use again. When next holiday came, I cut off all of the dried up pine needles and smaller branches and spray painted the dead tree with silver glitter. I then dismantled a plant grow light, taking of the shade of the lamp, and spray painted the cord silver glitter to match, and threaded it up the trunk of the tree and put an old Edison bulb on the end to be my star on the top. I called it my “good idea tree”. They always depict a light bulb going off in a persons head in cartoons when they have a good idea. I seriously got tears of joy when we lit that tree up. Here is a pic of it which does not do it justice. The glow that came off of that tree was spectacular! I decorated it with hot pink and lime green glitter and sequin garland and retro fun ornaments for our New Years Eve party.

Attachments

• 83B0976E-548B-4437-A1B6-9421BFF9A1C9.jpeg
    83B0976E-548B-4437-A1B6-9421BFF9A1C9.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 22

calendargirls

There's something a little spooky and ethereal about that tree, I'm very drawn to it. I think I'd be very moved by it emotionally if it were in my home.

I did some subtle decorating today, the highlight of which being something I started doing last year. I buy those window cling sets with Christmas images on them, but I just cut out pieces and apply them strategically to existing artwork around my place. Some funny examples below.

I love to collect pieces from thrift stores. I just switch out some of the decorative items I have year round for a few select holiday pieces. I like that it's not immediatey obvious that I have some Christmas cheer going on, you kinda have to
be looking for it (some more pics below).

It's fun to share and see your creativity :)

Attachments

• 9C621BAE-0D48-4599-A521-3BB3AC251CFA.jpeg
    9C621BAE-0D48-4599-A521-3BB3AC251CFA.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 25
  • ACAF6B2B-10F8-49BC-B9F3-89358816E49B.jpeg
    ACAF6B2B-10F8-49BC-B9F3-89358816E49B.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 7FAD34AF-22D8-4346-B428-C59E64E3EE1D.jpeg
    7FAD34AF-22D8-4346-B428-C59E64E3EE1D.jpeg
    618.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1D1FE9D4-8925-4FCC-BCB6-25A2FD62DD7D.jpeg
    1D1FE9D4-8925-4FCC-BCB6-25A2FD62DD7D.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 26
OP
Rinse & rePeat
There's something a little spooky and ethereal about that tree, I'm very drawn to it. I think I'd be very moved by it emotionally if it were in my home.

I did some subtle decorating today, the highlight of which being something I started doing last year. I buy those window cling sets with Christmas images on them, but I just cut out pieces and apply them strategically to existing artwork around my place. Some funny examples below.

I love to collect pieces from thrift stores. I just switch out some of the decorative items I have year round for a few select holiday pieces. I like that it's not immediatey obvious that I have some Christmas cheer going on, you kinda have to

I like your little Christmas tree swap for a bookmark! Like you, I have have been liking the subtler artful additions around my house, that can carry my through the whole winter. Here are some of mine. This IS fun sharing ideas!

Attachments

• E1A0AF55-C54A-4EB1-BB52-A67FCCC8A4BB.jpeg
    E1A0AF55-C54A-4EB1-BB52-A67FCCC8A4BB.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 58A6CCAC-6D4A-4EB8-AFA3-94B511C30429.jpeg
    58A6CCAC-6D4A-4EB8-AFA3-94B511C30429.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 4DC90030-47D9-4296-BA4D-0BAABA9EC49A.jpeg
    4DC90030-47D9-4296-BA4D-0BAABA9EC49A.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 18
  • A555E413-9CE5-4305-8F08-6ABE2C47A764.jpeg
    A555E413-9CE5-4305-8F08-6ABE2C47A764.jpeg
    671.3 KB · Views: 18
OP
Rinse & rePeat

Tell me about this piece of yours?

Attachments

• D07DFABB-6D85-4E57-82C7-7902D41A3890.jpeg
    D07DFABB-6D85-4E57-82C7-7902D41A3890.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 10
OP
Rinse & rePeat

This one cracks me up! You have a great sense of humor!

Attachments

• 67034D1C-A494-4FE8-92A0-4C49E0AD0F1A.jpeg
    67034D1C-A494-4FE8-92A0-4C49E0AD0F1A.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 13

Regina

💕

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When a person has playful and observant interactions with natural things, both regularities and irregularities will be noticed, and in trying to understand those events, the richness of the experience will suggest an expansive range of possibilities. Perception and experimentation lead to understandings that are independent of culture and tradition.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals