Urgent: Runaway heart rate and general illness after penicillin.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Sorry, but I have no idea if it is the right track or not. Sounds like she's experimenting like I am. I use the species she uses, plus a few more.
I see. Thanks.
I used life extender gi for the past 2 weeks. Didnt have a ton of luck there. Tried megaspore probiotic for a week and didn't really notice anything either.

Serene

NodeCerebri

there are plenty of people claiming vitamin k2 gives them problems:

I also did not feel good at all when I tried it. When did you start taking it?
This is so weird, I also had an unpleasant reaction to vitamin k2 capsules, but the drops seem to do nothing to me even in high doses. The capsules didn’t have any fillers also. Such a mystery until this day. Remember when I went to the doc and took the capsules 30 min before, BP was slightly elevated and I had f****ng tachycardia, BPM of 140, although I am normally at 70 average. Could only be the k2. ??‍♀️

OP
Sam321

Sam321

This is so weird, I also had an unpleasant reaction to vitamin k2 capsules, but the drops seem to do nothing to me even in high doses. The capsules didn’t have any fillers also. Such a mystery until this day. Remember when I went to the doc and took the capsules 30 min before, BP was slightly elevated and I had f****ng tachycardia, BPM of 140, although I am normally at 70 average. Could only be the k2. ??‍♀️
Man. One of those dudes in that post smeared the ***t on his taint tho. Lol.

I'll back off the k2 to see if I notice anything. I've decided to experiment with more foods with higher choline (eggs, liver, oysters, chicken legs, etc).

Also asked the doc about a d-lactate and fungal stool panel (candida).

I've been experiencing some tenderness around my stomach like its inflamed and throughout my gi a little too.

Sage tea really agreed with me yesterday which is interesting given its literally used to fight candida overgrowth by some.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

The bfidobacterium and L. rhamnosus in that product produce acetate and L-lactate, respectively, but not much if any D-lactate.

I'm wondering, @Sam321, if you killed off too many good bacteria in your small intestine and now have an overgrowth of D-lactate-producing bacteria there, which could cause neurological problems (including rapid heart rate). A lactic acid test would tell you if you have elevated D-lactate, but you would have to specify a D-lactate test because routine lactic acid tests only test for L-lactate, which doesn't present the same problems as D-lactate. The body lacks D-lactate metabolizing enzymes, so it can build up and cause problems. Something to consider and research.
When I was about to get off the penecillin I recall my sleep was getting poorer and in my head was thinking, man... something not so good is coming when I stop these.

What do you think about the idea that the penecillim maybe killed off all the bacteria it could and when it wasn't there anymore, my gut was recolonized by the remaining penecilin resistant bacteria?

Maybe the penecillin was the only thing holding that or the fungus back as each time I got off the penecillin my gut lost its ***t.

Last edited:
OP
Sam321

Sam321

Also one of these dudes was megadosing at 45mg a day. 1mg is more than you'd get in your daily diet.

Not saying it's not a thing, just saying some of these links are more exceptional cases lol.

Perry Staltic

When I was about to get off the penecillin I recall my sleep was getting poorer and in my head was thinking, man... something not so good is coming when I stop these.

What do you think about the idea that the penecillim maybe killed off all the bacteria it could and when it wasn't there anymore, my gut was recolonized by the remaining penecilin resistant bacteria?

Maybe the penecillin was the only thing holding that or the fungus back as each time I got off the penecillinnmy gut lost its ***t.

It's hard to know which bacteria penicillin targets. If they do kill off more good than bad, then that gives the bad an advantage because all are competing for the same resources, and some of the good produce things the bad don't like. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I'm of the mind to flood the gut with good stuff and let them work things out.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

It's hard to know which bacteria penicillin targets. If they do kill off more good than bad, then that gives the bad an advantage because all are competing for the same resources, and some of the good produce things the bad don't like. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I'm of the mind to flood the gut with good stuff and let them work things out.
The good and bad bacteria idea is a contentious one. Some think small intestine should be sterile. Any thoughts on that?

Perry Staltic

The good and bad bacteria idea is a contentious one. Some think small intestine should be sterile. Any thoughts on that?

IMO that's at the same level of absurdity as zero covid virus and zero manmade CO2. We are not living in a sterile world. Mankind existed quite well for millenia before antibiotics were discovered and used. Also, the idea that the gut is made sterile via antibiotic use is just absurd.

Last edited:
OP
Sam321

Sam321

IMO that's at the same level of absurdity as zero covid virus and zero manmade CO2. We are not living in a sterile world. Mankind existed quite well for millenia before antibiotics were discovered and used. Also, the idea that the gut is made sterile via antibiotic use is just absurd.
Ya. That makes sense i think. Maybe not sterile, just not an overgrowth of bacteria.

NodeCerebri

Man. One of those dudes in that post smeared the ***t on his taint tho. Lol.

I'll back off the k2 to see if I notice anything. I've decided to experiment with more foods with higher choline (eggs, liver, oysters, chicken legs, etc).

Also asked the doc about a d-lactate and fungal stool panel (candida).

I've been experiencing some tenderness around my stomach like its inflamed and throughout my gi a little too.

Sage tea really agreed with me yesterday which is interesting given its literally used to fight candida overgrowth by some.
Sorry if you mentioned it already but can’t remember if you had helicobacter pylori?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Doctor refused to do d-lactate or candida test. What are my options around this? Can I order my own?

Started to eat a bunch of liver and oysters to try to get in the plus nutrient wise. Added a few more egg yolks in the morning to add some more choline.

Started propranolol instead of metroprolol. Seems like pulse and general feeling of being hot has subsided some.

Perry Staltic

Doctor refused to do d-lactate or candida test. What are my options around this? Can I order my own?

Find a doctor who will, or find an online testing lab. I can't offer any advice about online testing because I've never done it. I found this for D-lactate testing:

If you can talk your doctor in to it, get tested for “D-lactate”, there is both a urine and plasma test. Both tests have to be sent to the Mayo Clinic for processing. (CPT Code 83605, Urine LOINC=14046-7, Plasma=14045-9). The Genova Organix® Dysbiosis Profile also tests for D-Lactate (available through many NDs, Functional Medicine doctors, etc). Stool tests are actually more likely to detect D-lactate than blood and urine tests as stool is where the producing bacteria are located and not all D-lactate passes into the systemic environment (e.g. blood). Insurance generally doesn’t pay for a D-lactate stool test.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Find a doctor who will, or find an online testing lab. I can't offer any advice about online testing because I've never done it. I found this for D-lactate testing:

Thanks dude

Perry Staltic

This link in my quote above says they test for candida and D-lactate. Don't know if you need a doctor to get that done or not.

You can call them and they might be able to help you find a doctor. They're in Asheville, NC.

Patients: Only a licensed healthcare provider may order Genova Diagnostics tests. Please contact your healthcare provider or let us help you Find a Doctor that already utilizes our testing.

NodeCerebri

Is the test for this only a test that can be ordered by a doctor?
I asked because I had that feeling also and it came from helicobacter pylori in my stomach and I have it every time I eat too little or am stressed too much. Increasing my stomach acid and oregano oil helped tremendously. I had it tested at the doc, had to undergo endoscopy ? and they detected it then via breath. Standard therapy they give is three antibiotics over 3 weeks. I didn’t do it though.
but everything got in check when my diet was full of nutrients, thyroid in check, frequent sleep schedule etc.

gaze

if you live in america, you can use discountedlabs.com and check your LDH which is lactate, although i'm not sure if that's what perry was referring to. also , do you feel any relief after you have bowel movements?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals