Using deodorant as hair pomade

Nothing complicated here. I was going to pick up a hair pomade in my travel, but after a moment of thought, I realized that these two deodorants I have with me are both suitable to do the job.

They are both based in coconut oil with some beeswax, baking soda, arrowroot starch, and/or corn starch used as a binder to make it just the right amount of gelly & powdery. Blends in without changing hair color.

The added herbs make for pleasant smells.

20230922_112928.jpg

20230922_112925.jpg

20230921_122151.jpg

20230921_122155.jpg

20230922_113237.jpg

Nothing complicated here. I was going to pick up a hair pomade in my travel, but after a moment of thought, I realized that these two deodorants I have with me are both suitable to do the job.

They are both based in coconut oil with some beeswax, baking soda, arrowroot starch, and/or corn starch used as a binder to make it just the right amount of gelly & powdery. Blends in without changing hair color.

The added herbs make for pleasant smells.

View attachment 56374
View attachment 56375
View attachment 56376
View attachment 56377
View attachment 56378
Baking soda on your hair everyday may take it’s toll. I used it once to in my conditioner, as a friend recommended, and it bleached and dried my hair out so bad, to the point of ruin. I love the pic of you applying it!

CastorTroy

Baking soda on your hair everyday may take it’s toll. I used it once to in my conditioner, as a friend recommended, and it bleached and dried my hair out so bad, to the point of ruin. I love the pic of you applying it!

Baking soda is not to use as conditioner, but as cleaning agent, in a weak water solution, as a natural shampoo substitute, . Conditioner is to use afterwards, like apple cider vinegar.

Baking soda is not to use as conditioner, but as cleaning agent, is a weak water solution. Conditioner is to use afterwards, like apple cider vinegar.
I know that. I was using the baking soda to take the build up out of my hair and was afraid to use it straight, because it is harsh and drying, so I mixed it with a little conditioner and rinsed it all out after a few minutes. It removed the build up and lightened my hair to a real pretty bright blonde, but it was so drying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals