Using Glass Bottled water instead of tap water to boil food in?

Glass bottled water or Unfiltered uk tap water for boiling food in?

• Glass bottled water

• Unfiltered tap water

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josh

I haven't drunk tap water in 6+ years, but I do boil my food in it, So I'm wondering specifically, is Glass bottled water better than my unfiltered UK taper water to boil food like Rice/Potatoes/Eggs etc in?

I know a filter is the best thing to do, but it's not an option right now, so I'm only wondering which is better between the Glass bottled water and unfiltered uk tap water.

I would use a good quality well tested Still Mineral Water from glass bottles, one that I drink in a sparkling version daily. Or should I just use normal still water and not mineral water?

Thanks

I haven't drunk tap water in 6+ years, but I do boil my food in it, So I'm wondering specifically, is Glass bottled water better than my unfiltered UK taper water to boil food like Rice/Potatoes/Eggs etc in?

I know a filter is the best thing to do, but it's not an option right now, so I'm only wondering which is better between the Glass bottled water and unfiltered uk tap water.

I would use a good quality well tested Still Mineral Water from glass bottles, one that I drink in a sparkling version daily. Or should I just use normal still water and not mineral water?

Thanks
If it isn’t something like potatoes, where it will retain the water, then use the tap water. The heat kills off stuff. I don’t think there is a cut and dry answer.

OP
J

Josh

If it isn’t something like potatoes, where it will retain the water, then use the tap water. The heat kills off stuff. I don’t think there is a cut and dry answer.

I mainly use it for potatoes and for rice, both are things that will retain the water.. On this basis, would it be the Unfiltered tap water or the glass bottled if you had to choose one? My guess is always going to be the glass bottled water, but just making sure theres nothing else that comes into the equation here.

I mainly use it for potatoes and for rice, both are things that will retain the water.. On this basis, would it be the Unfiltered tap water or the glass bottled if you had to choose one? My guess is always going to be the glass bottled water, but just making sure theres nothing else that comes into the equation here.
I boil my potatoes in filtered water, from my gravity filter, just because I don’t want the fluoride. Bottled water still has fluoride so I wouldn’t bother with the extra expense with the bottled water. For me I react to fluoride so I would probably steam rather than boil my potatoes in the tap water, and I would definitely use the bottled water for making the rice. If your tap water doesn’t have added fluoride like mine does then I would just use the tap water. I think the heat kills off most pathogens. Save the bottled water for drinking.

OP
J

Josh

I boil my potatoes in filtered water, from my gravity filter, just because I don’t want the fluoride. Bottled water still has fluoride so I wouldn’t bother with the extra expense with the bottled water. For me I react to fluoride so I would probably steam rather than boil my potatoes in the tap water, and I would definitely use the bottled water for making the rice. If your tap water doesn’t have added fluoride like mine does then I would just use the tap water. I think the heat kills off most pathogens. Save the bottled water for drinking.

Thanks I appreciate the response... yeah no fluoride added to water where I am which I great!

By the way Josh, I rub my eggs down with refined coconut oil when I first get them home. This extends the shelf life of the eggs by weeks, it kills bacteria and viruses too.

JamesGatz

I think plastic bottled water is best to use for everything - even for boiling, when boiling/cooking, the food does absorb water and I can definitely taste the difference - honestly water quality is continuously getting worse, it definitely makes a difference

Glass bottled water is probably best but its really expensive, if you're rich then its good though

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals