Very High Dopamine Content Of Banana Peels

OP
P

paymanz

@lindsay lol poor snail, it gonna be similar to plantain i guess.its very hard to translate snails :Dreaction but its still interesting. so please report if anything especial happened.

for me, i cleaned the peel with knife edge to remove pesticides , ate the softer part of peels by scraping it with a spoon and then minced the remaining and steeped in hot water and drank the water.

i felt warm in core of my body and higher heart beat and also calmer intestine (maybe because it antagonize serotonin?!) which i dont think is a placebo effect ,because it happened every time i used it.another observation was coldness of my feets,probably because of vasocontraction effect of dopamine.

it also can disturb sleep if you take it around night time.

lindsay

Pet snails? This is one of the best posts ever, Lindsey!

Meet three of the clan :) This was taken before Christmas, of course. I have six total. I kept finding them on the sidewalk and so I kept picking them up so they wouldn't get stepped on. They are very interesting little creatures, albeit slimy. They are very "Peaty" - like to eat calcium carbonate like it's candy!

Attachments

• Snails.jpg
    Snails.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154

DaveFoster

Don't take Mucuna Puriens. There's no way to encourage central dopamine over peripheral dopamine without taking additional supplements. You'll get peripheral side effects.

OP
P

paymanz

Don't take Mucuna Puriens. There's no way to encourage central dopamine over peripheral dopamine without taking additional supplements. You'll get peripheral side effects.

why? cant that have some benefit as well?like for metabolism,nerves system,repair..?protecting and regeneration,it act like strong antioxidant.

an study i posted also showed bromocriptin help faster healing of skin cells in vitro.

but of course for some other uses it might be important to pass it thought blood brain barrier.

DaveFoster

why? cant that have some benefit as well?like for metabolism,nerves system,repair..?protecting and regeneration,it act like strong antioxidant.

an study i posted also showed bromocriptin help faster healing of skin cells in vitro.

but of course for some other uses it might be important to pass it thought blood brain barrier.
Maybe, but who knows. It raises growth hormone as well.

Fun story - I have pet snails and I tried to feed them really really ripe plantain one time. One of them seemed to get stuck first in the plantain and then got caught upside down and wasn't moving, so I got really really concerned there was something in the plantain effecting the snail - poor little snaily looked like it was completely drunk from over ripe plantain. And then I had to wash its shell because it was covered in plantain slime.

That being said, I have a really really ripe organic banana on hand that I was planning to try and feed to the snails - I could try feeding the peel to my snails to test this banana peel theory :)

Uh-huh...HILLARIOUS! :mrgreen:

lindsay

:wideyed::):handpointup:Here is Major Tom - he is my favorite, aside from the baby snail. Major Tom is very curious about everything and loves crawling on fingers. Plus, his shell is super strong and he loves his calcium carbonate, along with exploring. Major Tom is kind of the snail equivalent of what I would want to be as a human - alert, inquisitive, likes good food, likes to explore, but unfortunately, ended up on the sidewalk and thankfully got rescued from careless feet :) He is pretty awesome, as are all my snail friends! P.S. Haven't fed them the ripe banana peel yet - I really don't want to upset or harm them. They are my good friends :) Sadly, when it comes to gardening and plants, I have a black thumb. So, I guess it makes sense I took on pets who are known to destroy plants? LOL! :wideyed:

Attachments

• Snail f5.6.jpg
    Snail f5.6.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

lvysaur

poor little snaily looked like it was completely drunk from over ripe plantain.

It probably was, if you ask me. Most fruits will be converted into a significant amount of alcohol if left past ripeness long enough, even if other signs of spoilage aren't obvious.

Snails are probably lightweights too.

sladerunner69

This explains that whole high school runour "banana peals get you high". Anything that sharply increase dopamine could be percieved as a "high", I think.

OP
P

paymanz

dave there is also carbidopa/levodopa combo that inhibits the peripheral use of l-dopa.just in case you havent seen that before.

lindsay

It probably was, if you ask me. Most fruits will be converted into a significant amount of alcohol if left past ripeness long enough, even if other signs of spoilage aren't obvious.

Snails are probably lightweights too.

Yes - I figured that might be the case. But there is a forum for people with pet snails and someone said their snails would only eat very ripe banana or plantain, so I followed suit and probably caused the snail intoxication. Maybe I should just let the banana rot and throw it out. I don't want to experiment on my snails.

Oh I love your snails @lindsay! They are beautiful.

Thank you! They are a fun pets to have and, while I felt bad taking them from their natural outdoor environment, they would have all died or been stepped on. I returned the first snail I picked up back in November (which I thought was an empty shell until it came crawling toward me one morning) and then following day, I saw one that had been crushed by careless feet. I was so upset, I started collecting every snail I found that had wandered onto the sidewalk. They've grown very nicely in my aquarium :)

DaveFoster

dave there is also carbidopa/levodopa combo that inhibits the peripheral use of l-dopa.just in case you havent seen that before.
That's what I was referring to.

Aymen

i cook the whole banana for about 5 min and i don't get any digestion problems when i eat it .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom