Vitamin A and D additives in commercial milk products

peateats1

Abstract​

An oil-based vitamin A and Vitamin D preparation having a specific gravity greater than 1.0 used to fortify milk products. The preparation contains vitamin A palmitate, Vitamin D3 resin, ester gum and/or brominated vegetable oil, corn oil, polysorbate 80, and triglycerol monooleate. The preparation is added to the milk product any time during processing and remains dispersed in the milk phase during centrifugal separation. The preparation is concentrated, resists oxidation, and does not require refrigeration.

If anyone is interested in looking into this further, the above preparation is patent....

US5480661A​

I contacted the Organic Valley milk company that supposedly is all about producing organic/grass fed/healthy milk products and is one of the more expensive brands out there, and when asked if they used this formulation in the products, this was their response:

"Thank you for your interest in our products and your concern about the ingredients we use.

We add vitamin A and D to our reduced fat and whole milk products to ensure the recommended daily intake of these fat-soluble vitamins, and in the case of reduced fat milks to fulfill federal nutrition requirements. We work with a network of dairy processors who use a small number of food-grade emulsifiers to help the vitamins blend evenly with the milk, and some of these processors utilize the processing aids you mentioned. Our processors comply with food safety and quality regulations, including using only FDA approved vitamins and emulsifiers, to produce safe, nutritious, and delicious products for you and your family."

I know this type of thing has been posted about a little on the different ray peat facebook groups as well as this forum, but I wanted to post what I had found out in the last month or so as well.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Thank you for doing that.
I wonder how much vegetable oil is added and could that be why so many people who start drinking milk don't do well with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals