Wall Street Bets V The Ruling Class

BRMarshall

It is nice to see the hedge fund get banged, and yes this could all be problem reaction solution... but indeed a Glass-Steagall firewall needed to
have been reimplemented years ago. That being you separate commercial banking from investment banking such that there is protection of
legitimate banking with measures that limit derivatives...you know the $2 quadrillion in paper PUFA choking the mitochondrial physical economy.

Look Biden is pushing a coup in Russia, the Navally protests were a dress rehearsal with Biden placing warships in arctic and Black Sea....

Here is a sobering report which includes comment on Putin's address to Davos

btw the LaRouchies like Vernadsky!

PhoenixGaia

tbh this is such an insane, epic revolution happening. Catching them all unprepared. Things will never be the same again

tankasnowgod

I know what a short is, and i know what happened, thank you. Hedge funds are getting in now. What do you think would be more profitable than shorting GME before this story? Shorting it now, of course. Everyone knows it is soon going to crash down, and big investors that weren't involved prior are already oppening shorts that they know will be very profitable.

I really don't even think you know the basics of how the market works. When one party makes money, another party has to lose it.

One question........ if EVERYONE knows it's going to crash down...... who would be the counter party for these new Gamestop shorts? In other words, who is the party thinking it will go to $1000 on April 1st? $25,000 on May 1st? $100,000 on June 1st? Especially considering there were more shorts than there were stocks in the first place.

Who would possibly underwrite a short in this situation?

S-VV

E bought?
Continu ze dip, prepar ze Monday fud
1612032441491.png

Kvothe

I really don't even think you know the basics of how the market works. When one party makes money, another party has to lose it.

One question........ if EVERYONE knows it's going to crash down...... who would be the counter party for these new Gamestop shorts? Especially considering there were more shorts than there were stocks in the first place.

Who would possibly underwrite a short in this situation?

Since I am able to make a living trading these markets I think I understand a little something about them. By everone I mean everyone with a little bit of common sense and basic understanding of markets and trading. Most of the redditors, and those who followed their call, are going to sell soon since most of them are not hardcore idealists and wallstreet haters, and rather wanted to make a litte easy money. People opening shorts is just going to add to that, and believe me most people will not have problems raising capital for shorting GME, at this point. It's really just basic human psychology to understand that it's going to to come down, soon - every pump is followed by a dump. It already happened with their side project dogecoin, the same is going to happen to GME, it will just take a little longer.

S-VV

Since I am able to make a living trading these markets I think I understand a little something about them. By everone I mean everyone with a little bit of common sense and basic understanding of markets and trading. Most of the redditors, and those who followed their call, are going to sell soon since most of them are not hardcore idealists and wallstreet haters, and rather wanted to make a litte easy money. People opening shorts is just going to add to that, and believe me most people just not have problems to raise capitals for shorting GME at this point. It's really just basic human psychology to understand that it's going to to come down, soon - every pump is followed by a dump. It already happened with their side project dogecoin, the same is going to happen to GME, it will just take a little longer.
Shorting GME at 400 has to be the easiest money of the decade

tankasnowgod

Since I am able to make a living trading these markets I think I understand a little something about them. By everone I mean everyone with a little bit of common sense and basic understanding of markets and trading. Most of the redditors, and those who followed their call, are going to sell soon since most of them are not hardcore idealists and wallstreet haters, and rather wanted to make a litte easy money. People opening shorts is just going to add to that, and believe me most people will not have problems raising capital for shorting GME, at this point. It's really just basic human psychology to understand that it's going to to come down, soon - every pump is followed by a dump. It already happened with their side project dogecoin, the same is going to happen to GME, it will just take a little longer.

I understand the basics on the market, but you didn't answer the question..... where are these mythical shorts coming from in this specific situation?

This is like trying to get an airline flight on 9/12/2001. If you are flying commercial, there just aren't any out there. There may be demand, but there's gonna be zero supply. Don't give me assurances or claim to be a successful trader, just show me the counterparty to these new Gamestop shorts.

You sound like Jim Cramer pumping Bear Stearns just days before it went under.

Kvothe

I understand the basics on the market, but you didn't answer the question..... where are these mythical shorts coming from in this specific situation?

This is like trying to get an airline flight on 9/12/2001. If you are flying commercial, there just aren't any out there. There may be demand, but there's gonna be zero supply. Don't give me assurances or claim to be a successful trader, just show me the counterparty to these new Gamestop shorts.

What do you even mean by that? The counterparty?

tankasnowgod

What do you even mean by that? The counterparty?

You claim to make a living trading, and you don't understand the terminology?

Counterparty is other party in the transaction. Every transaction has a buyer and seller. You should know this.

You said EVERYONE knows that Gamestop is going to go down at this point. If no one is betting that it goes up, how can anyone make money by shorting it at this point? There may be demand, but where is the supply?

Kvothe

You claim to make a living trading, and you don't understand the terminology?

Counterparty is other party in the transaction. Every transaction has a buyer and seller. You should know this.

You said EVERYONE knows that Gamestop is going to go down at this point. If no one is betting that it goes up, how can anyone make money by shorting it at this point? There may be demand, but where is the supply?

I already clarified what I meant by everyone in case you were trying to build a stupid strawman argument like this. There is always buyers and sellers, even if a stock approaches zero, and as long as there is just a few buyers left you can short anything into oblivion. We are obviously not in a situation where you would have a lack of buyers, let alone a lack that would bring the stock quickly down to zero to reach a point where something like your theoretical scenario could arise. The only stocks where this (rarely) happens in the real world is super-low-volume pink sheet stocks ore low-volume crypto BTC pairs like Holochain (which was removed for that reason from Binance I believe).

With so many things so seemingly rigged while also seemingly volatile and changeable it feels sometimes like there is no "pinnacle" -- just an ever changing series of mandatory steps for everyone to take. For example many strive to work toward salvation, but then come to see salvation as fleeting while ever instigating the very cog of their wheels of life, or Life Script to succumb to (like releasing a monster to chase you while you run, but then temporarily stop it and allow it to continue to chase/tease/stress you repeatedly while you bemoan the need to run but almost ironically construct such a way of life yourself, or along with others too).

In a sense you may feel pity of the thief and his/her actions -- but at the same time -- under the hood -- you may re-evaluate and have a different perspective of those who challenge/break certain rules or scripts when you unravel the unfairness or atrocity some may face far more than others for some times.

After all -- in a sense -- the basic theory behind "Robin Hood" is met with understanding and even some justification by many, although the core tenet of it is going against the grain, which ironically so many seem to advise not to do for the most part (i.e., "Be the outlaw while also being the mainstream lapdog if necessary.")

The financial system (investing technobabble, trading systems, capital/leveraging, profiting/business) is so complex but can be made so simple in ways too -- I couldn't bother thinking much of it as I wouldn't get anywhere worthwhile. I do find it a bit ironic though when people say the stock market is too risky to consider for a couple of bucks when they might drive 50 miles to work everyday in 60+ MPH speeding cars on highways 5 days a week for a good amount of hours. Having a chance at dying everyday that is somewhat considerable (like in a speeding car crash) is far more explorable than possibly losing 20 bucks once by trying a different path?

People seem so afraid of losing a tiny bit of money in something they can't perfectly predict (can you predict when you may get laid off at your current job?), but don't realize that there could be far more on the line in their lifestyle than a slight change of course would threaten just to explore some uncharted territories.

I've had people tell me that it's too dangerous to do this, that, the other, etc. Do not go out at this time -- too dangerous so stay home. Do not risk losing anything -- just do nothing instead. I get the rationality of being cautious, but some people just seem to become far too afraid to perceive usefulness in anything that threatens the "perfect" lifestyle view/incorporation of theirs, which usually has demands, obligations, dangers and risks of its own anyways that are unavoidable. I thought a little risk tasking was mostly good as it lets people explore, see new things, and get a taste of novelty/different "worlds" within the world more deeply. If someone is so afraid of losing a pinch of money trying something new (while maybe living check-to-check anyways & miserable/spendthrifts) it might just give an idea of how rigid and inflexible people can be when it comes to a lifestyle.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I already clarified what I meant by everyone in case you were trying to build a stupid strawman argument like this. There is always buyers and sellers, even if a stock approaches zero, and as long as there is just a few buyers left you can short anything into oblivion.

Clearly, not always. How many people brought Enron stock this week? Was it more than zero?

It's not a strawman argument at all. If there's no counterparty (or very few), there is no money (or very little) to be made. You can write yourself a check for a billion dollars right now, but it doesn't affect your wealth at all.

Your position is especially silly, since some regulators are already calling for a halt to trading on stocks like Gamestop for up to 30 days- GameStop Trading Should Be Halted for 30 Days, Says State Securities Regulator

Kvothe

Clearly, not always. How many people brought Enron stock this week? Was it more than zero?

What's Enron's latest stock price? Thanks for proving my point.
Your position is especially silly, since some regulators are already calling for a halt to trading on stocks like Gamestop for up to 30 days- GameStop Trading Should Be Halted for 30 Days, Says State Securities Regulator

Of course no one can buy it (or sell it) when trading is halted by regulatory institutions. What kind of point are you trying to make here?

tankasnowgod

Shorting GME at 400 has to be the easiest money of the decade

Unless this short squeeze pushes the stock up to $2,000 or more in the next couple of days.

Yeah, Kvothe is correct that stocks that go up do come down....... eventually, Amazon still trades near it's all time high, and is about $1200 higher than it was before it started it's move in April of last year. Stocks will often set many new All Time Highs after breaking the first one. Amazon kept on hitting new highs in April, May, June, and July of last year. If you had called the top in May, you would have been wrong.

tankasnowgod

What's Enron's latest stock price? Thanks for proving my point.
What is your point? Melvin is estimated to have lost about $20 Billion on Gamestop so far. You said that Hedge Funds will make money by shorting GME on the way down. But not if shorting it temporarily halted (as some regulators have suggested), they won't have any way to make that money.

And Melvin sure ain't gonna make up that $20 Billion loss by shorting more. Even if they make $100 Million shorting Gamestop from here on out, they would still be down $19.9 Billion. Simple math, really.

Kvothe

Unless this short squeeze pushes the stock up to $2,000 or more in the next couple of days.

Yeah, Kvothe is correct that stocks that go up do come down....... eventually, Amazon still trades near it's all time high, and is about $1200 higher than it was before it started it's move in April of last year. Stocks will often set many new All Time Highs after breaking the first one. Amazon kept on hitting new highs in April, May, June, and July of last year. If you had called the top in May, you would have been wrong.

Amazon displays continous strength because it is a fundamentelly strong stock, and Amazon is still heavily profiting from corona lockdowns. Everyone is ordering their ***t on amazon these days. There is nothing fundamentally strong about Gamestop, it's a weak, dying company. The whole move is "unnatural" and fueled by, let's call it emotion. Emotion is not sustainable, and most of the redditors will sooner or later discover that they prefer a few thousdand dollars over their anti-capitalist principles.
What is your point? Melvin is estimated to have lost about $20 Billion on Gamestop so far. You said that Hedge Funds will make money by shorting GME on the way down. But not if shorting it temporarily halted (as some regulators have suggested), they won't have any way to make that money.

And Melvin sure ain't gonna make up that $20 Billion loss by shorting more. Even if they make $100 Million shorting Gamestop from here on out, they would still be down $19.9 Billion. Simple math, really.

As far as I know Melvin is pretty much dead, but there will be others shorting it now, and there will also be a lot of retail shorting. What regulators are proposing to halt shorting on Gamestop? I somehow can't imagine that congress or the SEC are gonna turn on wallstreet and side with r/wallstreetbets. Even if they temporarily halted it, there is no guarantee that normal market mechanisms/pyschology would not bring it down, and shorting would simply restart with a vengeance as soon as the ban is lifted.

tankasnowgod

As far as I know Melvin is pretty much dead, but there will be others shorting it now, and there will also be a lot of retail shorting. What regulators are proposing to halt shorting on Gamestop? I somehow can't imagine that congress or the SEC are gonna turn on wallstreet and side with r/wallstreetbets. Even if they temporarily halted it, there is no guarantee that normal market mechanisms/pyschology would not bring it down, and shorting would simply restart with a vengeance as soon as the ban is lifted.

This is such a far cry from your original post-

It all sounds very romantic, but in the end it's just reddit lads trying to get rich with a single trade or two. Made some nice money today hopping on the Dodgecoin train. I'll closely watch the subreddit from now on , seeing which stocks/coins they wanna pump next.

Before, it was just a few "reddit lads" making a few bucks, maybe having a laugh. Now, you are admitting that a hedge fund is dead.

I never suggested anywhere that the SEC would stop all shorting, or permanently ban shorting on Gamestop. I do believe that all big players have stopped shorting that until this blows over, and wouldn't even be surprised if there were no shorting of that stock (and others) until this cools off or the price "normalizes." That may be a time period of something like 30 days, or maybe halt it until the price gets into the $20 range or so.

Kvothe

This is such a far cry from your original post-

Before, it was just a few "reddit lads" making a few bucks, maybe having a laugh. Now, you are admitting that a hedge fund is dead.

I never suggested anywhere that the SEC would stop all shorting, or permanently ban shorting on Gamestop. I do believe that all big players have stopped shorting that until this blows over, and wouldn't even be surprised if there were no shorting of that stock (and others) until this cools off or the price "normalizes." That may be a time period of something like 30 days, or maybe halt it until the price gets into the $20 range or so.

I never said anything to the contrary. They got absolutely wrecked. That doesn't mean that the stock won't come down soon, or that the vast majority of the pump particiants get wrecked as well. If the prise moves back to 20$ within a month, that either means that most of the redditors sold, or that they were unable to oppose new short-selling. What was your point again?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals