Wanna Go Super Light Weight,Healthy?(I Am A Trap)

Viiiiyu

5ft 5 currently 49-50kg
wanna go 43-45kg....to...to look prettier
is it possible to be healthy for a male at this kinda weight?I am asian does it help?

Currently using 1-2day fasting and light cal-restriction,Diet is OJ+milk+oyester+liver
Undergoing insomnia & edema & constipation
But my metabolism seems ok

Is there like an example that people are healthy in a super light weight?
Seems people who are this thin are not functioning very well (most are vegans)

Redshine

I'm really light weight, in my younger days I was slim. I personally think slim or a little bit heavier looks more healthy. I do eat meat, drink full milk but my calories are a little bit on the low side I realise because I dont always have the time prepare potatoes or rice in the morning and I dont tolerate bread very well.

opson123

How is your body type? Unless your muscle mass is extremely low or your bones are thin sticks or hollow, plus being fat-ish (so skinny fat), I can't see any way you could lose weight in a healthy way.

I'm also a 5'5'' / 50kg male. I really have no fat to lose. 5-7kg weight loss would all (almost) come from muscles.

SOMO

Flat stomach is sign of health.

Thin arms and legs are not.

Thin arms/legs pretty much indicates LOW Muscle Mass AND LOW Bone Density.

IMO any waist circumference over 32” looks bad and is probably unhealthy unless someone is extremely muscular (bodybuilder).

sweetpeat

5ft 5 currently 49-50kg
is it possible to be healthy for a male at this kinda weight?I am asian does it help?

Currently using 1-2day fasting and light cal-restriction,Diet is OJ+milk+oyester+liver

The healthiest weight for you (or anyone else) is the weight at which you are healthy. People who are healthy at a very low weight are just naturally/genetically made that way. And they are a small percentage of the population. Insomnia, edema and constipation are signs of a stressed metabolism, most likely from under eating. It sounds to me like you're trying to achieve a body type that is unsustainable.

SOMO

The healthiest weight for you (or anyone else) is the weight at which you are healthy. People who are healthy at a very low weight are just naturally/genetically made that way. And they are a small percentage of the population. Insomnia, edema and constipation are signs of a stressed metabolism, most likely from under eating. It sounds to me like you're trying to achieve a body type that is unsustainable.

I doubt the genetic argument.

I think thin people are thin because they probably walk a lot and consistently eat calories below or at their BMR, without trying to restrict.

I know many people who have no emotional attachment to food, they just eat 3 square meals a day because that is how they were raised. They don't suffer the same emotional relationship with food, binging and restriction that many do.

I was always super thin into my late 20s and only gained weight after major life stress (which caused me to overeat), even though activity/exercise level increased.

sweetpeat

Wtf does „I am a trap“ mean?
I took it to mean he feels trapped: he wants to be a smaller weight because he thinks it will make him more attractive, but his attempts to do so are sacrificing his health (hence the insomnia, edema, constipation). @Viiiiyu please forgive me if I have misunderstood.

Hugh Johnson

5ft 5 currently 49-50kg

Billy Craig knows how to become underweight by eating a lot.

Still, I would consider just being a man, being a trap seems like a lot of work, and has no future. Once she, or he, is no longer fuckable, it is often a suicide.

Still, you do you. Billy blog is whatwouldbillysay

Hugh Johnson

I took it to mean he feels trapped: he wants to be a smaller weight because he thinks it will make him more attractive, but his attempts to do so are sacrificing his health (hence the insomnia, edema, constipation). @Viiiiyu please forgive me if I have misunderstood.
Trap is a man that passes for a woman. They usually **** guys. It's pretty dangerous, and does not pay well, and you get old fast doing that.

sweetpeat

Trap is a man that passes for a woman. They usually **** guys. It's pretty dangerous, and does not pay well, and you get old fast doing that.
Ah, I have not heard this term in my little bubble world lol. Always learning something on the Ray Peat Forum.

Astolfo

Lol, no. He wants to look like this.

6BFEC18F-80B4-4AF8-BFC2-91EDC51BCA91.jpeg

inurendotoxin

5ft 5 currently 49-50kg

If you are experiencing insomnia, edema & constipation, then your metabolism is not OK.

Without any judgement to the OP's motives, it is certainly possible to calorie restrict to a super low weight. It's a lot harder to maintain, however, over time.

I am 5'8, I have got down to 53-54kg / 120 lbs with OMAD & extended fasting - ONCE (about 3 years ago). It was maintainable for maybe 1-2 months.

I ended up with suppressed thyroid, hair loss and eventually PFS. (then hair loss again haha)

If I had to do it again (in a Peaty way) I would probably do a 'fruit fast' or juice fast, since fructose can mitigate some of the stress response in high volumes.

That said - any chronic calorie restriction is gonna raise cortisol, estrogen & prolactin over time. At which point, insomnia is the least of your problems.

Then you've got the issue of the body set weight point...which de facto gets higher the more you deprive it. Essentially the longer your suppress metabolism (by fasting etc), the more problems you create long term, and the harder it is to reverse.

I guess removing all stress, going zero fat, mid protein, crazy high sugar for like...2-3 years might produce such results, theoretically....but the first like 3 months of that would be rebound weight gain - guaranteed.

In summary, I am not convinced there is a quick and healthy way to do this, much less maintain it.

"There are no solutions in life. Only different, or better problems." - Me

Peater

I'm sorry, (Not really), but how is this remotely 'Peaty' discussion? Go vegan, get liposuction, be a degenerate somewhere else. Like Reddit.

postman

You should measure your body temperature after waking up and then again after breakfast. That will give you a more accurate measurement of your metabolism. It's probably not healthy, not physically health and not spiritually healthy, to try to live up to some fantasy body standard. Like someone else said edema insomnia and constipation are some of the hallmarks of a bad metabolism. For whatever it's worth, when I was on a diet full of dairy my gyno got worse, my pp got smaller and I had weak boners, and I got some gender dysphoria. It's a very hormonal food. You might want to go without it for a while and see how you feel.

I'm sorry, (Not really), but how is this remotely 'Peaty' discussion? Go vegan, get liposuction, be a degenerate somewhere else. Like Reddit.
He's the trap but somehow you manage to be more sassy than him.

Peater

He's the trap but somehow you manage to be more sassy than him.
OH NO YOU DINT

(There are countless other websites that can help this, erm, individual. Why has Xshehim turned up on this pleasant little Peaty backwater? They just want to be waif-like, go on a juice diet or something. I don't recall any of Peat's work focusing on being waif-like though)

postman

OH NO YOU DINT

(There are countless other websites that can help this, erm, individual. Why has Xshehim turned up on this pleasant little Peaty backwater? They just want to be waif-like, go on a juice diet or something. I don't recall any of Peat's work focusing on being waif-like though)
I doubt Ray is transphobic, with all his left-wing ideas.

inurendotoxin

I think a more 'Peaty' response might be to suggest...none of those things. :sweatsmile:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom