We All Scream For No Cream Ice Cream - In Minutes! (with photos)

Jennifer

@Rinse & rePeat, I tried the gelatin again using your exact recipe and found the cup of honey when blended with the fruit to be way too sweet but without that much honey, the TBSP of gelatin wasn’t enough to keep the milk from becoming hard so as much as I didn’t want to rely on extra cream for availability reasons, I played around with different milk and cream ratios and ended up with a 50/50 split—1/2 a cup (118 ml) of whole milk and 1/2 a cup (118 ml) of cream per 2 cups (280 g) of frozen fruit (adding half a banana, cut into 1/2” slices prior to freezing, makes it creamier without altering the taste much)—and since the fruit is naturally sweet, I only needed 1 to 3 teaspoons of sweetener. Below are some of the batches I made with 1 cup of whole milk per 2 cups of fruit:

PEACHES & CREAM

20220828_064731.jpg
20220828_065229.jpg
20220828_065635.jpg

STRAWBERRIES & CREAM

20220827_112521.jpg
20220827_113140.jpg

And ones with 1/2 a cup of milk and 1/2 a cup of cream per 2 cups of fruit:

PEACHES & CREAM

20220829_064845.jpg
20220829_065010.jpg

BLUEBERRIES & CREAM

20220829_115651.jpg
20220829_120530.jpg

The next batch I make, I’ll try plating it Pinterest pretty for the thread. :) I know the point of the thread is ice cream without eggs and extra cream, but the fruit cuts down on the calories so even with the extra cream added, based on the fruit I used, the ice cream only averages roughly 83 calories per 1/2 a cup or 500 calories for the entire 3 cup batch, whereas Häagen-Dazs’ strawberry ice cream has 260 calories per 1/2 a cup or 1,040 for 3 cups. For those wanting an all plant-based option, I haven’t tried this exact recipe with coconut cream but I’ve used it successfully in another ice cream recipe so I imagine it would work well with this one.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat, I tried the gelatin again using your exact recipe and found the cup of honey when blended with the fruit to be way too sweet but without that much honey, the TBSP of gelatin wasn’t enough to keep the milk from becoming hard so as much as I didn’t want to rely on extra cream for availability reasons, I played around with different milk and cream ratios and ended up with a 50/50 split—1/2 a cup (118 ml) of whole milk and 1/2 a cup (118 ml) of cream per 2 cups (280 g) of frozen fruit (adding half a banana, cut into 1/2” slices prior to freezing, makes it creamier without altering the taste much)—and since the fruit is naturally sweet, I only needed 1 to 3 teaspoons of sweetener. Below are some of the batches I made with 1 cup of whole milk per 2 cups of fruit:

PEACHES & CREAM

View attachment 41255
View attachment 41253
View attachment 41254

STRAWBERRIES & CREAM

View attachment 41257
View attachment 41256

PEACHES & CREAM

View attachment 41259
View attachment 41260

BLUEBERRIES & CREAM

View attachment 41267
View attachment 41268

The next batch I make, I’ll try plating it Pinterest pretty for the thread. :) I know the point of the thread is ice cream without eggs and extra cream, but the fruit cuts down on the calories so even with the extra cream added, based on the fruit I used, the ice cream only averages roughly 83 calories per 1/2 a cup or 500 calories for the entire 3 cup batch, whereas Häagen-Dazs’ strawberry ice cream has 260 calories per 1/2 a cup or 1,040 for 3 cups. For those wanting an all plant-based option, I haven’t tried this exact recipe with coconut cream but I’ve used it successfully in another ice cream recipe so I imagine it would work well with this one.
Oh gosh Jennifer I thought you read that I thought one cup of honey was too much for sweet for me to and that I had to add 2 extra cups of milk. I think my ice cream maker must also play into how fluffy my ice cream turns out. Your fruity ice creams look amazing! This is a really good option, fruit and egg yolks, what could be better!

Jennifer

Oh gosh Jennifer I thought you read that I thought one cup of honey was too much for sweet for me to and that I had to add 2 extra cups of milk. I think my ice cream maker must also play into how fluffy my ice cream turns out. Your fruity ice creams look amazing! This is a really good option, fruit and egg yolks, what could be better!

You mean, your recipe isn’t 1 cup of honey, 5 cups of whole milk, 1 tablespoon of gelatin bloomed in 3 tablespoons of water, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt?

Thank you! My ice cream doesn't include egg yolks, only 1/2 a cup of cream, 1/2 a cup of whole milk, 2 cups of frozen fruit, a pinch of vanilla bean powder, a pinch of salt and depending on the fruit used, 1 to 3 teaspoons of sweetener--honey, apple sugar or agave.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You mean, your recipe isn’t 1 cup of honey, 5 cups of whole milk, 1 tablespoon of gelatin bloomed in 3 tablespoons of water, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt?

Thank you! My ice cream doesn't include egg yolks, only 1/2 a cup of cream, 1/2 a cup of whole milk, 2 cups of frozen fruit, a pinch of vanilla bean powder, a pinch of salt and depending on the fruit used, 1 to 3 teaspoons of sweetener--honey, apple sugar or agave.
Yeah I put two extra cups of milk to redeem the recipe, but I think 3/4 cup honey is better.

Jennifer

Yeah I put two extra cups of milk to redeem the recipe, but I think 3/4 cup honey is better.

You mean, you added an additional 2 cups of milk to the 5 cups in your original recipe?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You mean, you added an additional 2 cups of milk to the 5 cups in your original recipe?
No my original recipe in this thread is 3 cups milk and then I added 2 more cups with the cup of honey, and at that it was sweeter than I would prefer, by itself, but we put sweetened crushed strawberries on it and I made strawberry milk floats with it and it was perfect for that sweetness. I think 3 cups of whole milk with a half cup of that white honey would be perfect next time.

Jennifer

No my original recipe in this thread is 3 cups milk and then I added 2 more cups with the cup of honey, and at that it was sweeter than I would prefer, by itself, but we put sweetened crushed strawberries on it and I made strawberry milk floats with it and it was perfect for that sweetness. I think 3 cups of whole milk with a half cup of that white honey would be perfect next time.

Oh, okay, so the recipe I followed. I think the added fruit is what made the ice cream too sweet for me, too. I mixed half the ice cream with half the fruit, which is already really sweet, but I can’t drop the amount of honey without the ice cream becoming a block of ice. It seems that without an ice cream maker or condensed milk, I need the extra cream with the fruit to keep it from being too icy.

Regina

PEACHES & CREAM

View attachment 41255
View attachment 41253
View attachment 41254

STRAWBERRIES & CREAM

View attachment 41257
View attachment 41256

PEACHES & CREAM

View attachment 41259
View attachment 41260

BLUEBERRIES & CREAM

View attachment 41267
View attachment 41268

:claporange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh, okay, so the recipe I followed. I think the added fruit is what made the ice cream too sweet for me, too. I mixed half the ice cream with half the fruit, which is already really sweet, but I can’t drop the amount of honey without the ice cream becoming a block of ice. It seems that without an ice cream maker or condensed milk, I need the extra cream with the fruit to keep it from being too icy.
You totally would have to add that cream without the ice cream maker, maybe even beat the cream with a blender, like whipped cream, before adding it to the rest for extra air?

Jennifer

:happy:

You totally would have to add that cream without the ice cream maker, maybe even beat the cream with a blender, like whipped cream, before adding it to the rest for extra air?

Yeah, for sure! With the blueberries & cream batch, I ended up blending it for a minute to break down the skins and found it had the consistency of mousse so now I blend the ice cream mixture for at least a minute to whip it (whip it good :p:). On another note, with all extra raw cream I’ve been consuming trying to perfect the recipe, my skin feels like a baby’s tushy. It’s like some kind of Benjamin Button elixir. Good stuff.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
:happy:

Yeah, for sure! With the blueberries & cream batch, I ended up blending it for a minute to break down the skins and found it had the consistency of mousse so now I blend the ice cream mixture for at least a minute to whip it (whip it good :p:). On another note, with all extra raw cream I’ve been consuming trying to perfect the recipe, my skin feels like a baby’s tushy. It’s like some kind of Benjamin Button elixir. Good stuff.
Like all your extra cream, I have been consuming a lot of Brie this past three weeks, or so, and am surprised that my skin and figure seem to be better for it too!

Jennifer

@Rinse & rePeat and @Jennifer
You ladies are killing me!!! :yum:

Haha! I’ll spare you the ASMR video then. With its mousse-like consistency, you’d probably die on the spot if you heard me scooping into it. lol

Like all your extra cream, I have been consuming a lot of Brie this past three weeks, or so, and am surprised that my skin and figure seem to be better for it too!

Right?! I don’t know what it is about dairy fat in particular, but no other fat has the same effect on me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am stuck on “affigatos” lately, a scoop of ice cream with a shot of espresso over it. It melts into a nice float. This morning I put the zest of an orange on top, and using my homemade, no cream or yolk ice cream, it is the best affigato I have had! Be sure to use very firm ice cream and a good amount.

Attachments

• AB021440-7830-47BF-941C-530A0B40A923.jpeg
    AB021440-7830-47BF-941C-530A0B40A923.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 59F05F8A-37F1-4578-B9D3-E54B368649AB.jpeg
    59F05F8A-37F1-4578-B9D3-E54B368649AB.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 13

Ynot

I bought a Ninja Creami and can definitely recommend it for No Cream Ice cream!
I've made a couple of "pints" now. The two combinations I've made are:
1. 1 x Ripe Banana + 1T condensed milk + Skim Milk + 1T cream cheese - I also put some peanut butter powder in. Used the "Lite Ice cream setting"
2. 2T Condensed milk + Skim Milk + 1.5T Cream cheese + vanilla. I put some macadamia nuts in as a mix in. Used the "Lite Ice cream setting"

Both were very creamy and lovely. And not too sweet.
I've also got a pint in the freezer of cut up orange... which will be an orange sorbet.

(for the Ninja creami you mix the ingredients and then freeze it in a pint and the machine pulverises it after it's frozen).

Attachments

• Ice Cream 2.jpg
    Ice Cream 2.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 14
  • Ice Cream 1.jpg
    Ice Cream 1.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 14

Regina

1. 1 x Ripe Banana + 1T condensed milk + Skim Milk + 1T cream cheese - I also put some peanut butter powder in. Used the "Lite Ice cream setting"
2. 2T Condensed milk + Skim Milk + 1.5T Cream cheese + vanilla. I put some macadamia nuts in as a mix in. Used the "Lite Ice cream setting"

I've also got a pint in the freezer of cut up orange... which will be an orange sorbet.

(for the Ninja creami you mix the ingredients and then freeze it in a pint and the machine pulverises it after it's frozen).
:clap:

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Wow that looks good!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is the link to a really clever and quick, two minute ice cream, from Jennifer using frozen jackfruit!

Attachments

• 370AC404-61A9-42D2-B34C-23E812F1DCD2.jpeg
    370AC404-61A9-42D2-B34C-23E812F1DCD2.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 19
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals