What are people doing for juice lately?

Vileplume

I live in Colombia where the oranges are picked daily and I got a lady who brings me 2 liters fresh squeezed juice upon request and it costs me about $10. Im currently visiting the US and it costs about $50 worth of oranges for a 1 liter bottle of juice, so its not sustainable at all with american prices.

but i will say i can FEEL my health improve with real fresh sweet OJ. Fresh OJ and body movement have healed my thyroid. I have lost 16lbs in 2 months using mostly OJ for energy. Temps go up to 99 every day now, when i dont have OJ this becomes much harder to do.
Have you been able to find oranges in the US that compare in quality to Colombian oranges?

qminati

Have you been able to find oranges in the US that compare in quality to Colombian oranges?
100% I learned a lot about oranges and the #1 factor seems to be more heat and less rain. Depending on the time of the year it is less about location and more about the weather. Medellin doesn't get as hot and had a lot of rain this past year so the quality has not been the greatest being that there are no imports of oranges. Here in New Jersey where oranges are imported, there is a bigger variety to choose from and i buy a little of each brand to pick the sweetest one. My experience in NJ has been more consistent than my experience in Colombia believe it or not because the city I live in (Medellin) doesn't have strong heat.

Birdie

The orange groves in Florida were hard hit with the recent freeze. Temps were around 27F for three consecutive mornings. Bad news for sure.

Birdie

That purple New Year's mask suits you! I wish I could keep mine.

Mossy

None of you are bothered about drinking acidic juices out of these commercially sold plastic container fruit juices?
I think for many it's the no juice vs commercial juice question: many don't even have the fresh juice vs commercial juice option.

Birdie

I think for many it's the no juice vs commercial juice question: many don't even have the fresh juice vs commercial juice option.
And Ray said that the bigger plastic bottles will be better than the small ones. Surface area to juice. He was talking about bottled water but same principle. I'm not a physicist though and the bigger bottle might not be a huge improvement... It's interesting to speculate though.

And what you mention is one of the great traits of RP. He was reasonable. You choose from the menu! No use deleting every option is it.

Jonk

I buy the Solevita brand orange juice, organic from concentrate. Works fine. What I like about it is the quality is very consistent, not the best but far from the worst. Even freshly squeezed where I live is very unreliable in quality.

Mossy

And Ray said that the bigger plastic bottles will be better than the small ones. Surface area to juice. He was talking about bottled water but same principle. I'm not a physicist though and the bigger bottle might not be a huge improvement... It's interesting to speculate though.

And what you mention is one of the great traits of RP. He was reasonable. You choose from the menu! No use deleting every option is it.
Ok, that makes sense about the larger size, based on surface area. Thank you.

Indeed. It's good to be practical and not overly neurotic—making the best with the options you have.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals