What Is The Best Type Of Calcium Supplement (2020)

Elize

Fish and all seafoods are high in histamine. Histamine tablets worsen things. So does cortisone meds. I just found out that Glycerol in Tirosint-Sol triggers Mast cell dysregulation and the histamine activation causes heart palpitations and affects the nervous system. I post links

Elize

Modulation of histamine release by fatty acids. A new in vitro model investigating adverse drug reactions in various species.
Ennis M, Lorenz W.
Abstract
Histamine release caused by drugs and/or their solvents is a well known phenomenon. In this study, both in vivo (anaesthetized and conscious dogs) and in vitro (isolated rat peritoneal, human and guinea-pig lung mast cells) models were used. Cremophor E1 and six derivatives of 12-hydroxystearic acid were compared for their histamine releasing abilities. Although the three types of isolated mast cells responded similarly, histamine release being observed with DH (the diester of 12-hydroxystearic acid with polyethylene glycol), TN (12-hydroxystearic acid polymerized with ethylene oxide) and ME (the monoester of 12-hydroxystearic acid esterified with polyethylene glycol), the anaesthetized dog exhibited elevated blood histamine levels and clinical symptoms after administration of all the solubilizing agents, except TN and ME. The reasons for this discrepancy are not known. The addition of the drugs (Althesin or propanidid) to their solubilizing agents caused histamine release, which was not observed with the solubilizing agent alone. This is the first demonstration of an in vitro model, which copies the clinical situation, i.e. solvent does nothing but the solvent plus drug combination causes histamine release and hence adverse reactions.

PMID:

DOI:

10.1016/S0750-7658(85)80185-4

Elize

Palmitoylethanolamide counteracts substance P-induced mast cell activation in vitro by stimulating diacylglycerol lipase activity | SpringerLink

Jennifer

Eggshell calcium with lemon and. Nettle gave me severe rashes. Both high histamine and liberators. People with gut issues need to be cautious
That's too bad. I've had severe gut issues and rashing, particularly from dairy, but never had an issue with eggshells dissolved in lemon juice or nettles, thankfully.
Kale is highly goitrogenic and bad for thyroid. I have the same problem. Many Peat recommend foods are high histamine and oxalates.
If it's raw it can be an issue for those with thyroid disease but cooking destroys goitrogens, from what I understand, which may be why Ray has no issue supplementing magnesium with kale broth.

Last edited:

Elize

I found that even when cooking kale did not work out for me. My temperature would drop in minutes. My nose runs and I cough a lot.

Elize

Histamine Intolerance could be Mast Cell Activation Disorder

Jennifer

I found that even when cooking kale did not work out for me. My temperature would drop in minutes. My nose runs and I cough a lot.
Huh, that's interesting. Rafael mentioned experiencing freezing hands from it. Do you have that reaction to other goitrogenic foods? I don't tolerate the dark leafy greens, but do fine with other goitrogen containing plants and even had to reduce my thyroid dose recently after replacing animal protein with a goitrogenic bean for my main protein source. I've been hot like a furnace ever since.

laleto12

how can you even be sure of eggshell powder getting disolved and giving you calcium :D

Elize

Yes I do. I don't do well on greens. Many are high in oxalates as well. I become ice cold when having them. I eat low histamine, low oxalate and low Fodmap . You can test yourself. I. can have 1/4. Cup of millet or chick peas. More than that I react. Find your tolerance levels

Jennifer

Thanks! Yep, I've tested it. I'm glad you've figured out what you're sensitive to and what your tolerance level is. That's half the battle IME.

Elize

Gosh I learn daily. Just today learnt my thyroid medication is a big culprit

Elize

Glycerol. In Tirosint-Sol causes a histamine response with me. Upper eyelids become puffy and swollen. Heart palpitations, headaches, anxiety, restless legs, hives and rashes etc

rei

egg shell, no question about it. It is a whole food, it contains other stuff than one synthetic chemical, combined in a form which does not shock you with absurd transient concentrations.

About my experience in milk, if i take certain brand just 2 glasses and i have an urge to fart but still can control. But other brands of milk i can finish a whole 1 liter without problem.

I thought i can stay without milk but i really need it.

Elize

I can only use Lactaid brand lactose free milk as it is gluten free. Some brands of milk use powder milk that is added to the real milk and enzymes to milk.Tgat is a problem as all may be derived from non gluten free ingredients. I got rashes from what I thought was just pure cream. I called the company and it was cream thickened with thickening agents that contains gluten.

Re.Generate

Hi there - harry here as long time reader and first time poster.

I'm following many of rays recommendations already but have a specific question on this topic - ray states that calcium citrate is not the preferred form and could potentially cause harm in various ways....won't go through the list right now.

For myself however....I'm aware that when j supplement with calcium carbonate I don't really feel any different to not supplementing at all....whereas with calcium citrate I, within 20 minutes, feel more alive, warmer, happier, fuller and, very importantly, playful..... This seems to really contrast to what I hear ray and haidut and other members suggesting...wondering whether it could just be an individual thing and whether I should simply go with what I feel and experience?

Curious to hear other people's experiences.

Thank you and so appreciate everything that happens here!!!!!

Thank you R.P!!!

Evgenij

Here in Germany you can buy a clean and pure dolomite rock flour (extra finely grounded) from the Alps. 100 grams of dolomite contains about 21.9 g calcium and 13.1 g magnesium, as carbonate. So also an ideal Ca:Mg ratio. 1 kilogram costs 18 € (19,5 $).

Edit:

Dolomit (Calcium-Magnesium-Dicarbonat) (min. 99%)
2.5 kilograms for 8 € (9.5 $).

Specification:
Content (CaCO3) 54,7%
Content (MgCO3) 45,2%
Magnesium oxide (MgO) min. 21%
Calcium oxide (CaO) min. 30%

I am sure that from dolomite and CO2 a bicarbonate drink could be mixed with great bioavailability.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom