What makes a woman fat?

OP
Matestube

Matestube

this one?
View attachment 37605
View attachment 37608
If yes, how many a day did she take? I like to use the pure vitamin powders like the ones sold on bulksupplements.com because they don't have any excipients.

The excipients (other ingredients) are problematic. Some of these things cause inflammation and worse.

View: https://youtu.be/78NLoF2lVEw?t=3061

Yes this one, just one in the morning.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Another option would be to consider why there might be bacterial overgrowth and address that.
"In the stomach, thiamine deficiency inhibits the release of hydrochloric acid from gastric cells and leads to hypochlorydria (low stomach acid). The rate of gastric motility and emptying also grinds down to a halt, producing delayed emptying, upper GI bloating, GERD/reflux and nausea. This also reduces one’s ability to digest proteins. Due to its low pH, gastric acid is also a potent antimicrobial agent against acid-sensitive microorganisms. Hypochlorydria is considered a key risk factor for the development of bacterial overgrowth."

Yes exactly, you and @Jessie are spot on, that's what I suspect as well.
That's why I'm starting her on high dose apple cider vinegar, which will act as antibacterial and antifungal.

mostlylurking

Yes this one, just one in the morning.
Consider reading the post about niacinamide for weight loss that Haidut posted. In it, niacinamide was given to the test mice in their water so that they were getting it throughout the day. I experienced success losing weight when I took small doses (90mg) 4Xday.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

High dose? like how much is that? If I take 1/2 teaspoon of it I get diarrhea.
4 tablespoons in 2 cups of water, three times a day.
That's what I'm on and have been passing crazy amount of candida in my stool since starting.

mostlylurking

If you recall you have been mentionning SIBO and stomach hypochloridia.
ACV addresses both.
Having lived with SIBO and leaky gut for multiple years and having experienced severe diarrhea from 1/2 teaspoon vinegar due to inflamed intestinal tissues I could not disagree with this plan more strongly.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Having lived with SIBO and leaky gut for multiple years and having experienced severe diarrhea from 1/2 teaspoon vinegar due to inflamed intestinal tissues I could not disagree with this plan more strongly.
Then we have different experiences with this magical beverage :)

Kray

Here's where I get my celtic sea salt. It's cheap in bulk. Lasts a long time: Organic, non-GMO Food and Produce Delivered - Azure Standard
You can buy it on Selina Naturally's website too: Light Grey Celtic ® (22 lb)

Where do you buy your salt online
Are you concerned about the residual clay in the Light Grey? I am already using it. My concern is about heavy metals that might be contained within the clay. What happens to the clay in our bodies? Is it excreted from the body and minerals adhere to it, so there's nothing to worry about? I couldn't find anything on that issue searching online.

Since then I found a couple of others, including Flower of the Ocean by Selina, and Lima Atlantic Sea Salt. SEA SALT FINE ATLANTIC Both of these are without clay, Of course, they are more expensive than the Light Grey.

I appreciate any information you may have about this question.

oxphoser

A very good female friend of mine has gotten increasingly fat over the last year.

What strikes me is that her food intake and exercise have both remained almost identical.
She doesn't have any added stess compared to before. She eats some bread and some starch, very little PUFA, some dairy, meat.
I told her to get some bloods done: all thyroid hormones are in check, e2 and progesterone in check.
She has basically gone from 50kg to 57kg. It looks mostly like water weight and inflammation, although I could be wrong.

She complains from fatigue, getting up in the morning has gotten increasingly difficult.
Her digestion has become very bad too, she is constantly bloated.

I had her try progesterone cream for 2 weeks, but it only made her slightly depressed with no clear change on her weight.
Gave her B vitamins for a few months, no change.

1) would it be worth having her try thyroid hormones eventhough bloodwork is in check?

2) would it be worth having her try antibiotics for her digestive issues?
Is she getting enough vitamin C? Does she drink OJ? These authors found a relationship between the lack of vitamin C and obesity:
1655221099939.png

European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol 46, issue 11. "Blood vitamin and lipid levels in overweight and obese women," by de Burgos et al

Neeters 27

you dont mention how old she is, but I can tell you from personal experience, that as any woman ages, her caloric needs go down very significantly near peri menopause and during menopause (during means rest of her life, menopause is not a timed thing, it is a life stage, such as childhood, adolescence, adulthood, etc.)
as you age, your hormones dwindle. in particular, women become easily insulin resistant when their estrogen levels fall. (estradiol in particular is the one that helps blood sugars). we also dont exercise as much as we age. this is a fact. so, if its a FACT that hormones all dwindle, replacing them including thyroid, especially for women, helps. What made me gain weight was sleep apnea, which was not the true cause,because THAT was caused by lack of hormones, and is now gone thanks to HRT and thyroid NDT. but I will tell you, a woman has to learn to live with herself after age 50 as she's never gonna look like she used to.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

you dont mention how old she is, but I can tell you from personal experience, that as any woman ages, her caloric needs go down very significantly near peri menopause and during menopause (during means rest of her life, menopause is not a timed thing, it is a life stage, such as childhood, adolescence, adulthood, etc.)
as you age, your hormones dwindle. in particular, women become easily insulin resistant when their estrogen levels fall. (estradiol in particular is the one that helps blood sugars). we also dont exercise as much as we age. this is a fact. so, if its a FACT that hormones all dwindle, replacing them including thyroid, especially for women, helps. What made me gain weight was sleep apnea, which was not the true cause,because THAT was caused by lack of hormones, and is now gone thanks to HRT and thyroid NDT. but I will tell you, a woman has to learn to live with herself after age 50 as she's never gonna look like she used to.

Barry

A very good female friend of mine has gotten increasingly fat over the last year.

What strikes me is that her food intake and exercise have both remained almost identical.
She doesn't have any added stess compared to before. She eats some bread and some starch, very little PUFA, some dairy, meat.
"very little pufa", to me, that would be around 1 gram of PUFA, and you have to enter everything you eat in a day into an app like cronometer. Eating PUFA is what makes you fat. I would also say, to try to replace bread and starch with fruit and SUGAR.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals