What's your favourite alcoholic beverage? (Poll)

What's your favourite alcoholic beverage?

• Total voters

Hans

Forum Supporter
You can also specify in each category. My personal favourites are Ale and Weiss beer and sometimes a bit of vodka with soda (namely coke). I don't like most Lagers and Pilsner beers.

LeeLemonoil

For hard liquors I like Gin best. Can‘t stand Whiskey anymore and never liked Jägermeister-like brown herbal liquors.

The „clear“ stuff is ok: Vodka. Korn. Flavored with caraway or anise like in Aquavit or Ouzo.

But I hardly drink the strong stuff.

More regularly I tend to alternate between durations of appetite for beer or wine.

I like Pilsener, but it needs to have aromatic hops, not just bitter.

Wine: Red and dry. Montepulciano, Bordeaux, Ribera. Reservas preferably. I spend considerable money on those.

Limon9

Ray Peat Forumers don't drink, they just get intoxicated from the ethanol in their 15 different Idealabs supplements.

Rock_V

Gin is great. The juniper berries have many medicinal effects and I’ve noticed a profound benefit on breathing and opening the airways.

Famous gin drinkers like the queen mother who lived till 102. Ian Fleming who wrote the bond novels and also F Scott Fitzgerald (they didn’t live long but were creatively successful)

My personal favourite recipe is a Tom Collins with Lemon Juice, Gin, Cane sugar, and a bit of water on plenty of ice.

I drink everyday without fail and have only noticed beneficial effects.

purple pill

Abisinthe is pretty underrated, a good quality one with some sugar and watered down to a reasonable strength is really nice imo 😋

Peachy

old fashioned
mezcal margarita
grapefruit/vodka

But I love it all so stay disciplined at 0-3 drinks a week. Always with some fructose.

bloooeh

Currently have vodka, peach schnapps and I mix it with either pineapple or OJ with ice but I don't drink much. So the vodka and schnapps will last me awhile. Next to to try is Bombay sapphire gin and good quality tonic water.

Pisco sour caravedo, lucky buddha beer, proper 12 with ginger ale, absolut vodka with cranberry juice

AlaskaJono

Tequila or Mezcal. Straight, as in sipping, not for shooting. Sometimes in the winter I like the aged Añejo, but usually the plata, or silver. You can taste the green-ness of the plant. It's mother's milk. High prices in Australia for it, so it is just a very, very rare treat.

LeeLemonoil

Abisinthe is pretty underrated, a good quality one with some sugar and watered down to a reasonable strength is really nice imo 😋
Gin is great. The juniper berries have many medicinal effects and I’ve noticed a profound benefit on breathing and opening the airways.

Famous gin drinkers like the queen mother who lived till 102. Ian Fleming who wrote the bond novels and also F Scott Fitzgerald (they didn’t live long but were creatively successful)

My personal favourite recipe is a Tom Collins with Lemon Juice, Gin, Cane sugar, and a bit of water on plenty of ice.

Try a mix of both: Martini extra dry! Also quite nice.

Im not a boozer but a doctor

Jonk

Nothing beats a cold beer on a warm summer night. Pure hard liquor I prefer dark rum, and as a drink hands down gin and tonic.

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I've recently discovered Gin--which I really like...tried Lee's RTD Lavender Gin & Lemonade and this started me down the road to different Gins. I really don't drink much and if I do it is socially. In the past I always went for vodka drinks but left me feeling crappy.

All the +100 people I’ve known liked drinking

CJ_87

When I drank it was regular beer on a hot day that appealed most to be, so that's what I voted. But vodka with grape or orange juice seems the Peatiest/healthiest thing, and I did enjoy that as well.

Dave Clark

Ouzo, with ice cold water, Greek style I believe. Second to red wine for me. Cognac, bourbon, absinthe, etc. a close third. Wait....I forgot about Champagne, oh forget it, there's too many !!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals