"When candida ends up in your bloodstream it's over!"

I wanted to ask about this for a long time but I always forget.
So Georgi said in a podcast with Danny that if candida ends up in your bloodstream "it's over". I wondered what specifically that means. It seems so discouraging and set in stone.

Does that mean that you are screwed for the rest of your life and cannot get rid of it no matter what you do?
I ask this because I do seem to have some systemic things (balanitis-like condition on my penis for a couple of years) and in my early age I always had problem with candida.

So I would really appreciate @haidut to explain in a very short terms what he meant.

gaze

I think it's cause Ray said something along those lines. By "its over", it quite literally means that, as in you would die within a week. At least thats the impression I got from Ray in that one podcast. the fact that you're alive means it didn't get into your bloodstream. Im not sure how its even possible to get into the blood stream

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I think it's cause Ray said something along those lines. By "its over", it quite literally means that, as in you would die within a week. At least thats the impression I got from Ray in that one podcast. the fact that you're alive means it didn't get into your bloodstream. Im not sure how its even possible to get into the blood stream
"When Candida is in your bloodstream, the condition is called Candidemia. Candida infection can spread from your bloodstream to other parts of your body (such as your eyes, kidney, liver, and brain). If this happens, it is called Invasive Candidemia."

gaze

here is where Ray talks about it. Rewind a little bit too for his take on fungus in general. Ray doesn't seem to buy into the whole candida thing

OP
UG Krishnamurti

here is where Ray talks about it. Rewind a little bit too for his take on fungus in general. Ray doesn't seem to buy into the whole candida thing

Thanks. It's interesting that Ray talks about fungus entering the bloodstream while dismissing candida?

I think Georgi talked specifically about candida in the bloodstream.

Ray also said "It can linger in your lungs". That one if so intriguing since for years I have these random chest pains.

The pain sometimes feel like a broken ribcage.

gaze

Thanks. It's interesting that Ray talks about fungus entering the bloodstream while dismissing candida?

I think Georgi talked specifically about candida in the bloodstream.

Ray also said "It can linger in your lungs". That one if so intriguing since for years I have these random chest pains.

The pain sometimes feel like a broken ribcage.
how exactly do you know your problems are caused by candida?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
how exactly do you know your problems are caused by candida?
I have no idea. I'm guessing.

When I was a kid I had some candida showed on test. I had some white tongue etc. During intercourse my saliva ended up on my penis ( xd ) and I had problems ever since. Like white coated glans (I think it's balanitis I'm not sure).

The other ones - like chest pains - just make sense after hearing Ray.

Geo

I have the same symptom, besides when I was 50 yo eight years ago , my right collar bone somehow got swollen and a little out of place, the x rays showed nothing out of the ordinary. Also, whenever I take T4/T3 I have horible flares of fungus infection, Ray had said that in that case one should fix his hormones. I dont know what he meant with that and I dont know how....

Perry Staltic

Candida only becomes lethal when the immune system is non-functional. Everybody has it in their bodies, but it's not a problem because the immune system keeps it under control.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Candida only becomes lethal when the immune system is non-functional. Everybody has it in their bodies, but it's not a problem because the immune system keeps it under control.
Apparently if it ends up in your bloodstream it's a different story.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
What evidence exists that that's true when the immune system is functioning correctly?
Well... we are on "Ray Peat Forum" and Ray and Georgi have said that if fungus or candida ends up in your bloodstream it's game over. So I'm actually trying to figure out what that specifically means.

Perry Staltic

Well... we are on "Ray Peat Forum" and Ray and Georgi have said that if fungus or candida ends up in your bloodstream it's game over. So I'm actually trying to figure out what that specifically means.

If it's not backed by citable research it's opinion. Does the presence of candida in the blood signify game over, or does it signify a suboptimal condition that the immune system can clear over time or when strengthened? I'd like to understand it better myself, so I ask questions.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
If it's not backed by citable research it's opinion. Does the presence of candida in the blood signify game over, or does it signify a suboptimal condition that the immune system can clear over time or when strengthened? I'd like to understand it better myself, so I ask questions.
I asks the same question here. I thought candida is often present in the bloodstream. Ray says fungus ends up in the bloodstream it can have optimal environment for survival and constant reproduction. Georgi has said that about candida specifically.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Maybe ten years ago, a friend of a friend of mine, who lived in a black mold infested apartment got very seriously ill and was told by his doctor that he won’t have much longer to live.

My friend suggested to him to take chlorine dioxide, which he did and he recovered after a couple of months. He had tears in eyes when he told my friend that his doctor gave him a clean bill of health!

So I think that also in the case of candida in the blood stream, the chlorine dioxide should kill the candida and the person suffering from it should be able to recover.

Perry Staltic

"When candida ends up in your bloodstream it's over!" is just bull****. If Ray said this I suspect he meant that it can be game over. Candida in the blood can be serious and fatal in severely immuno-compromised persons, but can be amenable to treatment, and it usually doesn't affect normally healthy people. Notice below that mortality is high in people suffering from candida, ie, those who are immuno-compromised. Healthy people don't suffer from it.

In fact, the fatality rate in people suffering from Candida yeast in blood crosses over 50% and this in spite of the range of treatment options available.
However, Candidemia (yeast in blood), which is the presence of the Candida fungus in the bloodstream usually, does not affect normal healthy people, but particular groups that are highly susceptible to it.

Candida yeast in blood is most common in people who have a number of underlying health factors contributing to their compromised immune function
. Moreover, it can spread from the blood to various vital organs such as kidney, liver, eyes, and brain, and cause a type of Candida infection known as Invasive Candidemia. Thus, prompt diagnosis and effective treatment is of the essence while battling this particular condition.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Maybe ten years ago, a friend of a friend of mine, who lived in a black mold infested apartment got very seriously ill and was told by his doctor that he won’t have much longer to live.

My friend suggested to him to take chlorine dioxide, which he did and he recovered after a couple of months. He had tears in eyes when he told my friend that his doctor gave him a clean bill of health!

So I think that also in the case of candida in the blood stream, the chlorine dioxide should kill the candida and the person suffering from it should be able to recover.

"When candida ends up in your bloodstream it's over!" is just bull****. If Ray said this I suspect he meant that it can be game over. Candida in the blood can be serious and fatal in severely immuno-compromised persons, but can be amenable to treatment, and it usually doesn't affect normally healthy people. Notice below that mortality is high in people suffering from candida, ie, those who are immuno-compromised. Healthy people don't suffer from it.

That's why I tagged @haidut to try to explain what he meant.

Several things you quoted there I quoted above as well.

Nemo

Lita Lee, PhD, agrees with Dr. Peat (but cites no sources).

"But starved yeasts need sugar and so they project invasive filaments into the intestinal wall, and can get into the blood stream, at which point — if they aren’t quickly destroyed by white blood cells — they can grow and quickly kill the person. In a typical year, a few people in the world get invasive candida and quickly die..."

She says the way to prevent getting murdered by your candida is a Ray Peat style pro-metabolic diet with plenty of sugar.

Haidut likes strengthening your immune system with progesterone and DHEA:

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Lita Lee, PhD, agrees with Dr. Peat (but cites no sources).

"But starved yeasts need sugar and so they project invasive filaments into the intestinal wall, and can get into the blood stream, at which point — if they aren’t quickly destroyed by white blood cells — they can grow and quickly kill the person. In a typical year, a few people in the world get invasive candida and quickly die..."

She says the way to prevent getting murdered by your candida is a Ray Peat style pro-metabolic diet with plenty of sugar.

Haidut likes strengthening your immune system with progesterone and DHEA:

Thanks. Interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals