Why do Orthodox Monks look so vibrant and healthy?

OP
Hayley

Hayley

It could be as simple as stopping even half a minute before eating to stay present and thank for the food instead of guzzling down food while watching TV or the cellphone shifts the whole digestion process to a better functioning.
This definitely helps digestion. As soon as I started praying before meals I noticed I had time to salivate in anticipation of eating (activating digestion), which never happened before as food was wolfed down as soon as available.

Makrosky

This definitely helps digestion. As soon as I started praying before meals I noticed I had time to salivate in anticipation of eating (activating digestion), which never happened before as food was wolfed down as soon as available.
Yep. That might be a big part of it. The other one being that we are not purely a bunch of organs and hormones. Mind counts more than anything. Being grateful and not taking for granted that today you have food on the table is kind of a joyous celebration of still being alive.

OccamzRazer

Thanks for sharing this. I read through it yesterday and it sure would be amazing if the account of the colonel is true. Have you been performing the rites per the text and if so, have you experienced any of the benefits?
No problem!

Yes, I have experienced some of the benefits.

When I did many of the things mentioned in the book all at the same time (the 5 rites, the 6th rite, and scalp butter massages), I did start looking much younger, and my hairline started filling back in. Something about the way my cheekbones were positioned changed. I also had more energy and confidence.

Then again, this all happened last fall, and I've heard many people have their best hair (and feel their best) at this time of the year.

Then I stopped doing the 6th rite - dang womenz! - and lost some of the benefits. (Of course it's not the womenz fault, only joking.)

Just started doing all 6 rites and scalp massages again. Only time will tell if it's possible to see the same type of benefits in winter as one might see in summertime.

Whether or not the colonel's story is true...not sure, but maybe it is! It seems like the Tibet/South China area produced some amazing holistic longevity 'hacks' that have either been suppressed or forgotten.

OccamzRazer

Thanks for sharing this. I read through it yesterday and it sure would be amazing if the account of the colonel is true. Have you been performing the rites per the text and if so, have you experienced any of the benefits?
Also did you read the whole thing in one day?? Lol that would be impressive.

Serge

I remember trying rite number four, boy I was shocked by my belly size :) It was scary, but eye opening...

OccamzRazer

I remember trying rite number four, boy I was shocked by my belly size :) It was scary, but eye opening...
Haha don't worry about it, everyone's belly looks big during that one, even if you are 8% bodyfat!

Summer

No problem!

Yes, I have experienced some of the benefits.

When I did many of the things mentioned in the book all at the same time (the 5 rites, the 6th rite, and scalp butter massages), I did start looking much younger, and my hairline started filling back in. Something about the way my cheekbones were positioned changed. I also had more energy and confidence.

Then again, this all happened last fall, and I've heard many people have their best hair (and feel their best) at this time of the year.

Then I stopped doing the 6th rite - dang womenz! - and lost some of the benefits. (Of course it's not the womenz fault, only joking.)

Just started doing all 6 rites and scalp massages again. Only time will tell if it's possible to see the same type of benefits in winter as one might see in summertime.

Whether or not the colonel's story is true...not sure, but maybe it is! It seems like the Tibet/South China area produced some amazing holistic longevity 'hacks' that have either been suppressed or forgotten.

Whoa never heard of that guy. Very interesting. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if his story were true.

The sixth rite is definitely a difficult one to follow but I’m also going to be practicing all six rites as well. Also going to try to adhere to the nutritional recommendations. A small price to pay to have access to the fountain of youth... hopefully hahah.

And yeah I read all 42 pages during my lunch break at work yesterday.

Summer

That’s how I felt when I tried yesterday except with my posture and leg strength! Very eye opening indeed.

OccamzRazer

Whoa never heard of that guy. Very interesting. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if his story were true.

The sixth rite is definitely a difficult one to follow but I’m also going to be practicing all six rites as well. Also going to try to adhere to the nutritional recommendations. A small price to pay to have access to the fountain of youth... hopefully hahah.

And yeah I read all 42 pages during my lunch break at work yesterday.
Yeah that dude is pretty fascinating! And 7 feet tall...strange.

Are you a woman? I ask because I don't think women have to follow the 6th rite to see benefits.

Either way, best of luck/many blessings! Keep us posted if you want. I really believe these Tibetan rites could be life-changing for many people on this forum.

Summer

Yeah that dude is pretty fascinating! And 7 feet tall...strange.

Are you a woman? I ask because I don't think women have to follow the 6th rite to see benefits.

Either way, best of luck/many blessings! Keep us posted if you want. I really believe these Tibetan rites could be life-changing for many people on this forum.
Nah, I’m a guy. Unfortunately the sixth rite struggle is a burden I must bear hahah.

Hey thanks. Same to you. If I notice crazy results I’ll start a thread.

Serge

That’s how I felt when I tried yesterday except with my posture and leg strength! Very eye opening indeed.
I can't really understand why it has become so big in the past few years... and I don't have much fat... it's like an air balloon... like Palumboism, except I am no bodybuilder...

OccamzRazer

Nah, I’m a guy. Unfortunately the sixth rite struggle is a burden I must bear hahah.

Ah my bad! I assumed from your username...you know what they say about assumptions lol.

Serge

Why don't you start the thread if you think you can commit to doing it for some time? I would join you, maybe some other people... see what happens. Just a suggestion.

OccamzRazer

@Summer

One thing you might notice after internally committing to all 6 rites & sexual transmutation: women will pop out of nowhere and be totally willing to help you put an end to the 6th rite.

Not to sidetrack this thread too much...but hey, this 'temptation' concept is well-documented among monks. Heck, it just now happened to me ?

OccamzRazer

I’ve recently converted to Orthodoxy and in studying the works of various church fathers and monks have noticed that many of them have a very bright-eyed, vibrant look about then even in old age. Obviously the two men in these photos (Seraphim Rose and Father Josiah Trenham) also happen to have beautiful facial structures, but I’ve also noticed among others including the fathers of my church and neighboring churches a general sense of being awake and alive looking as opposed to dull, tired, and unhealthy. Of course not all look this way but enough do where it stood out to me.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? To me what this indicates is a meditative mind state and a life focused on purifying the soul and contemplating God can produce good health in of itself. Also the opposite, that a Nihilistic mindset can create poor health. OR the opposite, perhaps this type of good health can beget a strongly relationship with God somehow.

I’ve mentioned this to my husband and said “maybe the Holy Spirit reaches us through the thyroid and perhaps men are called to God who have good thyroid health” but of course the next day I stumbled across a Seraphim Rose quote saying the organ for receiving the Holy Spirit is a loving heart... So who knows it’s probably all much more complicated than can be simply understood.
Good observation!

IMO there are hints of this in the scripture - see Acts chapter 6 for one example:

In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews[a] among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2 So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3 Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”

5 This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. 6 They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.

7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.

8 Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people. 9 Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia—who began to argue with Stephen. 10 But they could not stand up against the wisdom the Spirit gave him as he spoke.

11 Then they secretly persuaded some men to say, “We have heard Stephen speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God.”

12 So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin. 13 They produced false witnesses, who testified, “This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. 14 For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs Moses handed down to us.”

15 All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom