Why Does All Animal Protein Kill Libido?

Any time i eat animal protein--muscle meat, eggs, dairy etc. it completely kills my libido. And everytime i fast from animal protein my libido returns very strong.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

T

TheBeard

Are you for real?

Go on a diet of raw milk, raw meat, raw eggs, and tell me how your libido feels.
It's here. Not like a manic estrogen-driven libido, but you see women as prays still.
Yeah, junk food, starch and carbs will give you that manic libido feeling, but it's not "natural"

OP
C
Are you for real?

Go on a diet of raw milk, raw meat, raw eggs, and tell me how your libido feels.
It's here. Not like a manic estrogen-driven libido, but you see women as prays still.
Yeah, junk food, starch and carbs will give you that manic libido feeling, but it's not "natural"
Im completely for real. All my interest in sex vanishes when eating animal protein.

Kvothe

Im completely for real. All my interest in sex vanishes when eating animal protein.

It probably increases the production of serotonin and the production of toxic protein fermentation products from the digestive tract. It's common knowledge that excess protein suppresses testosterone. If you put men on a LPHC diet, their testosterone shoots up remarkably.

Life Sci. 1987 May 4;40(18):1761-8.
Diet-hormone interactions: protein/carbohydrate ratio alters reciprocally the plasma levels of testosterone and cortisol and their respective binding globulins in man.
Anderson KE, Rosner W, Khan MS, New MI, Pang SY, Wissel PS, Kappas A.
Abstract
The aim of this study was to determine if a change in protein/carbohydrate ratio influences plasma steroid hormone concentrations. There is little information about the effects of specific dietary components on steroid hormone metabolism in humans. Testosterone concentrations in seven normal men were consistently higher after ten days on a high carbohydrate diet (468 +/- 34 ng/dl, mean +/- S.E.) than during a high protein diet (371 +/- 23 ng/dl, p less than 0.05) and were accompanied by parallel changes in sex hormone binding globulin (32.5 +/- 2.8 nmol/l vs. 23.4 +/- 1.6 nmol/l respectively, p less than 0.01). By contrast, cortisol concentrations were consistently lower during the high carbohydrate diet than during the high protein diet (7.74 +/- 0.71 micrograms/dl vs. 10.6 +/- 0.4 micrograms/dl respectively, p less than 0.05), and there were parallel changes in corticosteroid binding globulin concentrations (635 +/- 60 nmol/l vs. 754 +/- 31 nmol/l respectively, p less than 0.05). The diets were equal in total calories and fat. These consistent and reciprocal changes suggest that the ratio of protein to carbohydrate in the human diet is an important regulatory factor for steroid hormone plasma levels and for liver-derived hormone binding proteins.

berk

Any time i eat animal protein--muscle meat, eggs, dairy etc. it completely kills my libido. And everytime i fast from animal protein my libido returns very strong.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
how much fat do you eat?

OP
C
how much fat do you eat?
I eat a fair amount of butter each day. Butter makes me feel good. It's strange but things like potato crisps, legumes and berry fruits give me good libido. Could i have low estrogen? I tend to avoid estrogenic foods but i notice too much avpiding estrogen can affect me negatively down there including some shrinkage. Either way, ive teated this enough times now, no animal protein = libido. Problem is i need protein.

berk

I eat a fair amount of butter each day. Butter makes me feel good. It's strange but things like potato crisps, legumes and berry fruits give me good libido. Could i have low estrogen? I tend to avoid estrogenic foods but i notice too much avpiding estrogen can affect me negatively down there including some shrinkage. Either way, ive teated this enough times now, no animal protein = libido. Problem is i need protein.
you have tried gelatin powder?

OP
C
you have tried gelatin powder?
I tried lakes gelatin a year or so ago and noticed nothing. Seafood sometimes can gove me decent libido but not always and i dont really want to consume it every day.

berk

I tried lakes gelatin a year or so ago and noticed nothing. Seafood sometimes can gove me decent libido but not always and i dont really want to consume it every day.
Seafood like what kind?

berk

yeah I thought so. i think its still a fat issue, maybe not the amount but the wrong sources.
This is not really a peat advice but i wondering what happens when you increase your monounsaturated fatty acids.
Replace your butter with 1 or 2 big spoons olive oil spread over the day, or some avacado or nuts with your meals (watch out olive oil is laxative)
And see what happens.

Last edited:

Waynish

You probably don't have enough inner fire. You should probably abstain for a while and increase digestive power.

OP
C
yeah I thought so. i think its still a fat issue, maybe not the amount but the wrong sources.
This is not really a peat advice but i wondering what happens when you increase your monounsaturated fatty acids.
Replace your butter with 1 or 2 big spoons olive oil spread over the day, or some avacado or nuts with your meals (watch out olive oil is laxative)
And see what happens.
What would be the reason for increasing those fats, estrogen too low?

I guess you can go vegan

Interesting. There's a researcher that's been writing a series of papers and one of his main contentions is that plant-based agricultural societies were far more fecund than the meat-based hunter-gatherers. Here's the title of one paper: "Nicotinamide as Independent Variable for Intelligence, Fertility, and Health Origin of Human Creative Explosions".

berk

What would be the reason for increasing those fats, estrogen too low?
stop trying to understand it but just try it out and see how your body reacts.
Every person is different, every person reacts differently.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals