18 Year Old With Chronic Fatigue

tara

Might be pretty deficient, will ask my doc for rbc magnesium test.
Testing RBC Mg seems reasonable.

Have you read about the normal phases of recovery from severe energy deficit? If Peat has written about it I have not seen it. What I've read has been here:
Patients and General Public
If you scroll down you'll see a series of articles about the Phases of Recovery. Part 5 describes the physical bloating and pain that usually accompanies the beginning of recovery from severe depletion. I think it's at least possible that this is part of what is going on for you. If that is the case, and you back off as soon as it starts to happen, then you may be stopping the healing process and resuming the damage. I think it would probably be worth reading the whole Phases series.

I would be very interested to know whether Peat has assisted people to successfully recover from anorexic and related conditions, and if so how, but I've not seen him talk about it so far.

Well i was on your same diet

As people said its rays diet
But
Fortunately
I found out ray peat doesnt have a diet

He just suggests that we avoid pufa and that carbs are not bad

Ur diet what made me so weak in university and stupid and tired all day long

Now i eat about 2000 calories from rice and potatoes
Cooked with water and salt
And
Fruits
And cottage about 1000 calories

And im way way better than before

Now i feel like a beast
And i lost about 20 pounds

Ur diet makes u gain water weight and fat

B careful

Good luck

OP
Amber

Amber

Testing RBC Mg seems reasonable.

Have you read about the normal phases of recovery from severe energy deficit? If Peat has written about it I have not seen it. What I've read has been here:
Patients and General Public
If you scroll down you'll see a series of articles about the Phases of Recovery. Part 5 describes the physical bloating and pain that usually accompanies the beginning of recovery from severe depletion. I think it's at least possible that this is part of what is going on for you. If that is the case, and you back off as soon as it starts to happen, then you may be stopping the healing process and resuming the damage. I think it would probably be worth reading the whole Phases series.

I would be very interested to know whether Peat has assisted people to successfully recover from anorexic and related conditions, and if so how, but I've not seen him talk about it so far.

I have been reading about it somewhere, cant remember the website tho. Something with topia in it i think. I understand that the bloating etc is part of the recovery process but whenever i feel bloated, i get estrogenic symptoms too which makes me feel bad again. It's frustrating

OP
Amber

Amber

Where are solid food ?
Milk makes u fat but healthy

Are you eating potatoes or rice?

I have been drinking more milk, but it makes me feel bad so i quit drinking it. My sleep is not that bad, but not good either. I eat potatoes every night for dinner.

I found out protein gives me a headache, could it be that im eating too much protein at the moment? 100gr daily.

Ideonaut

Anyway, since then I've come to the conclusion that cholestasis ( of various degrees ) and the associated liver/GI dysfunction is the #1 source of chronic disease. Ray peat forum members may not agree but that is mostly because I haven't put myself to the task of convincing them. And trust me there is a very good case for it. It explains everything from why certain people eat/live in a supposedly unhealthy way yet glow like a god to why others can try EVERYTHING with very little progress. And more[/QUOTE]

I like sweeping conclusions! Could you share some more of your genius, icecream lover, and give your opinion on best remedies for cholestasis?

OP
Amber

Amber

Hello everyone,

Last week i did a bloodsugar test at my doctors office and he diagnosed me with hyperinsulism, which comes along with a degree of insulin resistance. I feel very confused since all the advice i've found is that only people with a poor lifestyle become insulin resistant (no exercise, too many calories). Well i have been very active all my life but the diagnosis got me thinking, and i remember when i was younger, even though i exercised 4-5 times/week (soccer) i am pretty sure i already had problems with high insulin levels aka insulin resistance/maybe diabetes since i never felt well and not eating anything always made me feel better. Right now the way i handle sugar feels like its pretty bad. I get irritable/easy rage/severe sweating after eating anything with carbs. My motivation disappears and i feel tired/puffy. Exercise doesn't help me anymore, makes me feel even more stressed out (i still exercise 3 times a week)

Any ideas?

tara

I feel very confused since all the advice i've found is that only people with a poor lifestyle become insulin resistant (no exercise, too many calories).
That's a select set of advice.
It's not that unusual for people who have suffered the opposite kind of poor lifestyle - undernourishment and/or over-exercise - to develop difficulties with blood sugar regulation and eventually diabetes too.

Based solely on a blood sugar test?
Good question!

Regina

Hello everyone,

Last week i did a bloodsugar test at my doctors office and he diagnosed me with hyperinsulism, which comes along with a degree of insulin resistance. I feel very confused since all the advice i've found is that only people with a poor lifestyle become insulin resistant (no exercise, too many calories). Well i have been very active all my life but the diagnosis got me thinking, and i remember when i was younger, even though i exercised 4-5 times/week (soccer) i am pretty sure i already had problems with high insulin levels aka insulin resistance/maybe diabetes since i never felt well and not eating anything always made me feel better. Right now the way i handle sugar feels like its pretty bad. I get irritable/easy rage/severe sweating after eating anything with carbs. My motivation disappears and i feel tired/puffy. Exercise doesn't help me anymore, makes me feel even more stressed out (i still exercise 3 times a week)

Any ideas?
Hi Amber,
brokenman compiled an excellent post of Haidut's missives. I took the time to open all of them and read in full.
Information About Weight Loss?
There may be things to chew on there.

OP
Amber

Amber

Hi all,

Theres something i have noticed. I don't think i am handling fructose that well. When i drink orange juice, i can feel my hands getting stiff aka inflammation. Also when i eat more fructose, my hair starts falling out. Not the male pattern baldness, but from all over my head. Im pretty sure this is related to liver function and fructose is making it worse so i decided to switch to a mostly potatoes/white rice diet instead, like 75% glucose/starch and 25% fructose. Hope it improves my liver function :)

Wagner83

Which orange juice do you use? is it filtered ( = strained) ? Do you react the same way to apple juice?

OP
Amber

Amber

Which orange juice do you use? is it filtered ( = strained) ? Do you react the same way to apple juice?

I make it myself. I react the same to apple juice and fresh fruit if it is high in fructose

Xisca

Wise choice of carbs!
So you will test if you have a problem with fructose. Be careful though that fructose does not stimulate insuline, and carbs do.
I was diagnosed with high sugar when I was 18 too.
Are you having some SFat with them? It helps me a lot to not have gut bactaria problem. I chew all well together. Chewing long is important for starch. It is natural when the carb is dry, it stimulates saliva. So we have to think about it with wet carbs.
As fat, I put butter or coconut oil, as you can guess!
Also homemade mayo with no PUFA.
The fat is the way to slow sugar going up too fast, and the second way to slow it, is to have some veggy with the carb and fat. I think it all have to be well mixed when we swallow. I do not like the cereal fiber solution, I do not have a good relationship with whole cereals...

OP
Amber

Amber

Wise choice of carbs!
So you will test if you have a problem with fructose. Be careful though that fructose does not stimulate insuline, and carbs do.
I was diagnosed with high sugar when I was 18 too.
Are you having some SFat with them? It helps me a lot to not have gut bactaria problem. I chew all well together. Chewing long is important for starch. It is natural when the carb is dry, it stimulates saliva. So we have to think about it with wet carbs.
As fat, I put butter or coconut oil, as you can guess!
Also homemade mayo with no PUFA.
The fat is the way to slow sugar going up too fast, and the second way to slow it, is to have some veggy with the carb and fat. I think it all have to be well mixed when we swallow. I do not like the cereal fiber solution, I do not have a good relationship with whole cereals...

I usually consume a little saturated fat with starch, mostly potatoes with some butter and salt to slow the absorption :)

Xisca

If you can digest them, it would help too with sugar level, if you can add some cooked vegetables. I like them with onions! Maybe use the cooked mushrooms? I guess you are familiar with what Peat says to cook them long and that they help with endotoxins.

Are you better now without fructose? The difference should show quick...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals