7-8pm Issues

InChristAlone

I want to know if there are hormone changes from around 7-8 pm? Occasionally around that time I will suddenly feel really sleepy like my blood sugar is dropping or have anxiety out of the blue. And it doesn't seem to matter what or when I have eaten although it seems to happen more if I have not eaten enough that day. I just want to know why the same time. I seem to have solved the 10-11am adrenaline issue, but not the late in the day issue. I remember Matt Stone mentioning a late in the day crash as being common due to aldosterone peaking, but I looked up the curve for aldosterone and it seems to follow almost exactly the rhythm for cortisol. Which would mean its on the low end at the end of the day. Could this mean my cortisol just gets too low at that point and my blood sugar drops?

Stryker

this also happens for me ,i related it too the beginning of the secretion of melatonin which is meant to start around 9pm but seeing as though i wake very early (5am) i figured mine would be ahead of everyone elses.

i dont view it at as a problem as it pretty much forces me to bed , keeping a steady rhythm

however if your feeling anxiety then i would suspect a cortisol crash aswell... anxiety and restlessness coupled with extreme lethargy
cortisol should be at its lowest around 1opm i guess you could try using a cortisol saliva test kit.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

this also happens for me ,i related it too the beginning of the secretion of melatonin which is meant to start around 9pm but seeing as though i wake very early (5am) i figured mine would be ahead of everyone elses.

i dont view it at as a problem as it pretty much forces me to bed , keeping a steady rhythm

however if your feeling anxiety then i would suspect a cortisol crash aswell... anxiety and restlessness coupled with extreme lethargy
cortisol should be at its lowest around 1opm i guess you could try using a cortisol saliva test kit.
Thank-you for your reply, yes it feels like I should just go to bed when this lethargy hits me, but it seems kinda early and there's no way I'd get to bed that early with 2 kids to get to bed as well.

I have suspected cortisol issues ever since I crashed after 2 years of chronic stress and sleep issues. There were times I felt like death. I probably couldn't even produce the necessary stress hormones, progesterone helped during that time. I am going to experiment with pregnenolone now that I'm not getting such wild swings, and the other day when I had some I felt a lot of energy and didn't get the evening crash but also couldn't fall asleep! So maybe I should just be getting to bed earlier to save my adrenals I'm not sure.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

PeatThemAll

11-12 hrs usually since I don't get up til 8am.

Ok. Thanks. I experience a somewhat similar slump around 9pm every second night, but that's since I stopped taking naps and I'm still resetting my sleep cycle (basically one night from midnight to 5AM, and the other 9PM-5AM). Still unsure if I need to power through it (movement, activity), but the 9 PM slump is independent of what I ate at dinner time and is not affected by what I eat at that time (chocolate, coffee, sugar not stimulant enough to keep me awake) either. Will advise if I find an explanation/solution.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I forgot to update this thread, I got a reply from Ray Peat saying that the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in around this time and will lower blood sugar. He said ice cream and thyroid would help. I still get it with ice cream so I guess my thyroid is too low at night.

Parsifal

I wonder how the body tells himself to secrete a precise hormone at a precise time and why it doesn't work in some people that have circadian problems. Coffee seems to give me circadian problems for example.

I wonder if artificially lowering cortisol all the time could be detrimental as well.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

It definitely feels like I don't produce enough cortisol, I think panic attacks are one sign of it. I don't generally get panic attacks but I do get adrenaline rushes. I feel like adrenaline should NOT be prolonged though, like it shouldn't leave you feeling so anxious and jittery for long stretches of time if there is enough cortisol. I also get these attacks post breakfast. I don't have true hypoglycemia though I could be feeling adrenaline at 100 blood sugar. I don't want to try thyroid again for this issue, last time I tried I had adrenaline all night long.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals