82 year old carnivore rancher looks 45!!?

Peatful

She looks beautiful

- sun
- low pufa plus high protein.
- no cardio but movement. Lifting.
- fresh air. Low emf.
- low stress. No boss. No office drama.
- lives with purpose
- I presume strong community or family ties
- probably sleeps like a log
- limited SM and MSM I also assume
- natural. No makeup and certainly no fillers etc

OP
ddjd

ddjd

dont forget, muscle meat contains glycogen;)

Jennifer

Maggie is such a neat woman. I posted a video of her talking with Dr. Chaffee:

abady

dont forget, muscle meat contains glycogen;)
ahaaa thats why when i eat burger patties i really dont crave carbs at all. i have the idea in my mind that i have to balance protein with carbs, but not with all type of proteins. red meat really satisfies me so much

abady

i cant live a day without eating red meat its makes my muscles stronger and i feel less stressed

peter88

“Primarily meat” could mean a lot of things. People like baker tend to twist things to fit his narrative.

abady

when i eat chicken i feel like i need to drink lots of fruit juice, but not same feeling when i eat lots of burger patties.

youngsinatra

The glycogen reasoning is so absurd.

We humans can store 400-700g of glycogen in our muscles. How much muscles do we have in terms of weight? Roughly 40% of our total body weight.

So using me as an example (90kg) x 0.4 = 36kg total muscle mass / 700g glycogen = 51g muscle for 1g carbohydrates. So 1kg of my muscle meat would equal around 20g of carbs.

This seem pretty aligned with this one:
Untrained individuals store less glycogen in their muscles than professional endurance athletes. For example: a fully recovered untrained athlete stores about 15 gram glycogen per kilo muscle mass, while a professional can store about 25 gram or even more glycogen per kilo muscle mass.
(https://inscyd.com/article/muscle-glycogen-and-exercise-all-you-need-to-know/)

In cattle that are rested and not exposed to stress, muscle glycogen levels will be 0.8% to 1.0% prior to death. However, an animal exposed to various forms of long-term pre-slaughter stress significantly depletes its glycogen reserves“
(https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wbic/files/2011/04/Dark-Firm-and-Dry-Beef.pdf)

abady

The glycogen reasoning is so absurd.

We humans can store 400-700g of glycogen in our muscles. How much muscles do we have in terms of weight? Roughly 40% of our total body weight.

So using me as an example (90kg) x 0.4 = 36kg total muscle mass / 700g glycogen = 51g muscle for 1g carbohydrates. So 1kg of my muscle meat would equal around 20g of carbs.

This seem pretty aligned with this one:
Untrained individuals store less glycogen in their muscles than professional endurance athletes. For example: a fully recovered untrained athlete stores about 15 gram glycogen per kilo muscle mass, while a professional can store about 25 gram or even more glycogen per kilo muscle mass.
(https://inscyd.com/article/muscle-glycogen-and-exercise-all-you-need-to-know/)

In cattle that are rested and not exposed to stress, muscle glycogen levels will be 0.8% to 1.0% prior to death. However, an animal exposed to various forms of long-term pre-slaughter stress significantly depletes its glycogen reserves“
(https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wbic/files/2011/04/Dark-Firm-and-Dry-Beef.pdf)
your math is bullsht, thats not how in real life glycogen is stored its more than you calculated assumption probably, if we dont store carbs we would die our brains needs lots of carbs DAILY for lifeeee. muscles has more glycogen than you think, idk why i dont crave carbs when i eat red meat, like zero cravings for carbs, explain that for me...

youngsinatra

your math is bullsht, thats not how in real life glycogen is stored its more than you calculated assumption probably, if we dont store carbs we would die our brains needs lots of carbs DAILY for lifeeee. muscles has more glycogen than you think, idk why i dont crave carbs when i eat red meat, like zero cravings for carbs, explain that for me...
Anything (article, study or something else) to back up your statement? Otherwise it’s just pure speculation on your side.

The brain requires around 110-145g of glucose on a daily basis. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC292907/pdf/jcinvest00272-0077.pdf)

The glucose distribution and metabolism is different in muscle, liver and other organs like the brain by the way.

abady

Anything (article, study or something else) to back up your statement? Otherwise it’s just pure speculation on your side.

The brain requires around 110-145g of glucose on a daily basis. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC292907/pdf/jcinvest00272-0077.pdf)

The glucose distribution and metabolism is different in muscle, liver and other organs like the brain by the way.
i really reach a point where iam getting tired of studies and articles its all bullsht they test specific amino acids or sht in the lab,and i got tired of calculating macros and balancing carbs with proteins this is not natural way of living , lots of people going carnivore and they feel great because of red meat, enjoy your math and ""studiessszzzz""! i wont stop eating meat.

HeyThere

I wanted to see how much influence her young pigtails had on her looks, and i have to say very little.

Is she really 82? Who knows, but she looks great at whatever her age is.

That said, she's not the only person who eats as she does LOL, show me more than just her example and I'll take the connetionn to her diet to her youthful looks more seriously. Some people just look young.

1693578664090.png

youngsinatra

i really reach a point where iam getting tired of studies and articles its all bullsht they test specific amino acids or sht in the lab,and i got tired of calculating macros and balancing carbs with proteins this is not natural way of living , lots of people going carnivore and they feel great because of red meat, enjoy your math and ""studiessszzzz""! i wont stop eating meat.
Red meat is great, definitely! I don’t wanted to sound like I’m anti-meat. It’s one of the most nutritious cuts of meat (and foods in general) so you definitely feel good from eating it, in comparison to relatively nutrient-poor chicken.

I‘m just making the point that it’s not a significant carbohydrate source. Paul Saladino quit pure carnivore and added lots of fruits, because he needed carbs.

abady

I wanted to see how much influence her young pigtails had on her looks, and i have to say very little.

Is she really 82? Who knows, but she looks great at whatever her age is

View attachment 54938
she looks amazing!!

but a ray peat follower would be like:

SHE! has lots of cortisol cause she eats lots of muscle meats and not balancing it with orange juice!!!! :oops:" thats what ray peat says anyways!!!! :eek:

abady

Red meat is great, definitely! I don’t wanted to sound like I’m anti-meat. It’s one of the most nutritious cuts of meat (and foods in general) so you definitely feel good from eating it, in comparison to relatively nutrient-poor chicken.

I‘m just making the point that it’s not a significant carbohydrate source. Paul Saladino quit pure carnivore and added lots of fruits, because he needed carbs.
i drink fruit juice and iam not pure carnivore but i tell ya, eating red meat makes me drink lesser amounts of fruit juice, but i drink fruit juice daily anyway. thats my point, something is specially about red meat and no one can explain it for me and no study can explain it aswell.

GTW

Brain does not require glucose. The energy need of CNS can be met with ketone bodies. The ability to generate ketone bodies, "ketogenesis," is adaptive over a period of weeks. Hypoglycemia is often the result of hyperglycemia and insulin dysfunction\resistance.
The carb loading fad beginning in the 1960s had to do with glycogen repletion to higher than usual levels. Even so, the amount of glycogen\carbs stored in muscle (5% ballpark) and liver would not begin to approach the energy to run a marathon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals