Advice on getting long term taste lose after covid??

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Tried wild oregano spray Flonase spray only thing that is out there that is said to help other then onion and burnt oranges from tik tok videos lol. Crazy to hear it’s effected people for almost a year! Today I tasted a little bit of spice from sausage and chocolate but really mild and bland. Scale of 1-10 10 being perfect taste I’m like a 3 it was at a point a 1

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Equipoise,are those chronic sinutisis related to covid?if not I had a dreadfull smell from 13 to 24 years,basically the worst than any one I know,September 2020,I ate only meat for a week,with 60 grammes of grass fed grass finished veal liver per day,and 100 grammes of grass fed grass finished beef suet,it improved,and at the end of this week I ate freshly harvested honey comb,I did swallow the comb and anything contained in it including the pollen,propolis,I felt like I took some psychedelics substances,I had a few nightmares this very night,but the day after I got the nose back for the first time since 10 years,my air passage was exceptionally,my smell was so ******* sensitive it was incredible,it lasted 3 days and then vanished,even the peoples With te best smell I know couldn’t smell odors that I was smelling those 3 days.
makes me curious to consider a fast or starch free experiment to lower histamine and fix sinuses. I know carnivore diets and low carb are not great long term but lowering starch and eating animal based can help sinuses a lot short term

Grapelander

COVID-19: Can Zinc Restore Your Lost Sense of Smell?
Zinc and Taste Disturbances in Older Adults: A Review of the Literature
So they are saying zinc depletion can cause Anosmia.

I've heard it the other way also - that using zinc directly on the mucous tissue can cause loss of taste and smell:

6. You Might Lose Your Sense of Smell
Avoid using zinc in the form of nasal preparations, which can make you lose your sense of smell. Several years ago, the Food and Drug Administration took several zinc nasal products off the market after receiving more than 130 reports from people who had used certain nasal Zicam Cold Remedies and lost their sense of smell—some permanently.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

COVID-19: Can Zinc Restore Your Lost Sense of Smell?
Zinc and Taste Disturbances in Older Adults: A Review of the Literature
So they are saying zinc depletion can cause Anosmia.

I've heard it the other way also - that using zinc directly on the mucous tissue can cause loss of taste and smell:

6. You Might Lose Your Sense of Smell
Avoid using zinc in the form of nasal preparations, which can make you lose your sense of smell. Several years ago, the Food and Drug Administration took several zinc nasal products off the market after receiving more than 130 reports from people who had used certain nasal Zicam Cold Remedies and lost their sense of smell—some permanently.
Interesting I’ve been eating oysters but not supplementing zinc imports any form or way

RealNeat

OP a quick question. Did you wear a mask? If yes, how long each day and what type of mask? Thank you

OP
Cameron

Cameron

OP a quick question. Did you wear a mask? If yes, how long each day and what type of mask? Thank you
I wore a mask to the gym and store several hours a day when I got loss of taste smell early November. Oddly enough when I was wearing the mask the most because of a liberal area I live in now. Now I don’t wear the mask at all and have much better sinus relief but still weak smell and taste.

RealNeat

Oh and regular cloth mask
I'm seeing some correlation between mask wearing and anosmia. Whether it's from the nano particles, peoples detergent or what I'm not sure. Still investigating.

BearWithMe

I'm seeing some correlation between mask wearing and anosmia. Whether it's from the nano particles, peoples detergent or what I'm not sure. Still investigating.
Wow this is really interesting, do you have any update on this? Have you found more evidence of the masks / anosmia connection?

RealNeat

Oh and regular cloth mask
Any updates on your senses? Something odd to try, take a pen light and shine it up your nose while looking up your nostrils, using a Q tip to move the nostril around. Curious if you see clear signs of inflammation like redness, or rawness in the canal? Some people's nose canals look like they have been burned.

BearWithMe

Any updates on your senses? Something odd to try, take a pen light and shine it up your nose while looking up your nostrils, using a Q tip to move the nostril around. Curious if you see clear signs of inflammation like redness, or rawness in the canal? Some people's nose canals look like they have been burned.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Slightly better onions and garlic commercial food tastes terrible now while meat and dairy and potatoes bread tastes great always has been that way since infection. Sweat smells different now and can’t really smell unpleasant smells but can smell good smells..

BearWithMe

Slightly better onions and garlic commercial food tastes terrible now while meat and dairy and potatoes bread tastes great always has been that way since infection. Sweat smells different now and can’t really smell unpleasant smells but can smell good smells..
That`s really interesting. Can you smell smoke, bleach, ammonia or butane?

OP
Cameron

Cameron

That`s really interesting. Can you smell smoke, bleach, ammonia or butane?
Bleach a little bit. I smoke cigars and can smell the cedar scent of a cigar humidor but the smell of smoke is mild very odd lol. Don’t really mind it, just interesting the clear sinus damage.

BearWithMe

Bleach a little bit. I smoke cigars and can smell the cedar scent of a cigar humidor but the smell of smoke is mild very odd lol. Don’t really mind it, just interesting the clear sinus damage.
Are you using natural gas / coal / wood for cooking or heating? This could put you at risk in case of fire or gas leak.

At the time when you lost your sense of smell, were you wearing facemask a lot? What kind of mask?

Motif

The loss of taste and smell for a very long time is not that rare.

This alone is a pretty severe symptoms when you ask me.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Are you using natural gas / coal / wood for cooking or heating? This could put you at risk in case of fire or gas leak.

At the time when you lost your sense of smell, were you wearing facemask a lot? What kind of mask?
Nope just electric appliances. I was when we had a mandate in Tennessee and that’s when I contracted the virus when everyone was wearing masks. It was traditional cloth and nursing masks.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

The loss of taste and smell for a very long time is not that rare.

This alone is a pretty severe symptoms when you ask me.
I agree I’ve had histamine issues my whole life being exposed to sinus damage is not too surprising. There were no other issues I had.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals