Alan Aragon Slinging Insults Towards Ray Peat And His Work

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Alan Aragon Slinging Insults Towards Ray Peat and His Wo

Well, Alan does self proclaim that he is the I L L U M I N A T I of nutrition. :roll:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Eric Lepine. :clap

I appreciate his effort on this.

J

j.

narouz said:
(Then we make it seem more silly and mockable from our end
by puffing ourselves up and saying things like
"there is no Peat diet,"
or "the Peat diet can not be known because nothing can be understood in isolation,"
or "every individual decides for him/herself what a Peat diet is,"
etc etc etc :lol: )

They're probably followers of philosophical subjectivism. I don't think it's likely that someone would change his philosophy based on how to interpret a diet. Also, I haven't seen many of those.

kettlebell

Charlie said:
Eric Lepine. :clap

I appreciate his effort on this.

+1 for that. He was under heavy troll fire and maintained professionalism.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I really feel like he is winning the debate at this point. Granted, I am not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack. But the counter arguments are just not doing anything for me. Will be interesting to see what Alan Aragon posts as he said he is formulating an answer back.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

My bad, he says we are definitely getting sicker. But its from too much calories not enough movement. PUFA's are fine and essential.

Ray-Z

Charlie said:
I really feel like he is winning the debate at this point. Granted, I am not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack. But the counter arguments are just not doing anything for me.

Charlie: You may not consider yourself a bright bulb, but you are intensely emitting useful ideas in the red and IR portions of the spectrum, where it matters. It sounds like Aragon is strictly UV. :mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thanks Ray-Z. :hattip

:cool: <----blue blocker sunglasses

gretchen

kettlebell said:
I have read the whole thread and the vast majority of Alans post are trolling. I was very unimpressed with his lack of ability to discuss the subject. You can see from almost every response he was getting emotionally involved and switching off any ability to question or learn.

On the other side of the coin, Eric maintained an unwavering respectable standard despite all of the attacks.

I am still really confused as to why people don't take Ray Peats work seriously.

The worst is trying to explain it to peri menopausal females.

frustrated

Anyone want to paste the full discussion here? I can't see it on his facebook.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

It's too big to post here so I put it in a word document and attached it below.

Attachments

• alan_aragon.doc
    1.8 MB · Views: 238
J

j.

Thanks for posting, Charlie. From what I've read so far, it's a pretty low quality debate, if one can call it that.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lots of name calling though! :lol:

frustrated

What a waste of time.

Alan will simply not adopt a position unless there is very strong evidence in human studies supporting it. This is because, at least in his mind, the costs of him being wrong to his business are too great. His debate style is also centred on this, i.e., he plays the sceptic and defines the burden of proof to this standard -- partly because it allows him to pander to his bro audience by enabling him "win" all of his debates. Too bad he doesn't apply the same burden of proof to some of his other beliefs -- where exactly are the rcts showing efa deficiency occurs in humans?

There is a lot of speculation in RP's articles. This is obvious. The question needs to be is that speculation sound enough to warrant dietary changes, e.g., displace pufa with fruit. I think it clearly is.

It was also interesting to see the argument of pufa's toxicity immediately get funnelled towards cvd, when there is a more compelling argument that they cause cancer.

chris

With respect to Eric and Danny, I don't know why they kept bothering to reply, let Alan and his fans eat PUFA. After the first 25 pages of immature responses it was clear no matter what they say would change Alan's mind.

kettlebell said:
I am still really confused as to why people don't take Ray Peats work seriously.

I'm also shocked that a man who view scientific culture as trash, casually dismisses genetics, speaks highly of LSD, writes articles that don't directly cite his references (which consist mostly of decade-old contributions to obscure journals) and views painting naked women as essential to scientific progress isn't taken seriously by more people.

To be clear, I love Peat but his appeal is very, very niche.

J

j.

GamestopDorito said:

Yeah, being healthy is en elitist thing. :roll:

views painting naked women as essential to scientific progress

right...

kiran

GamestopDorito said:
kettlebell said:

I'm also shocked that a man who view scientific culture as trash, casually dismisses genetics, speaks highly of LSD, writes articles that don't directly cite his references (which consist mostly of decade-old contributions to obscure journals) and views painting naked women as essential to scientific progress isn't taken seriously by more people.

Yes, Peat's work explains a lot of unexplained things in health. However, most people don't even notice the fact that there are holes in the mainstream worldview, let alone find the correct explanation among the many different views out there.

frustrated

GamestopDorito said:
kettlebell said:

LOL. Soo much this.

frustrated

kiran said:
GamestopDorito said:
kettlebell said:

Yes, Peat's work explains a lot of unexplained things in health. However, most people don't even notice the fact that there are holes in the mainstream worldview, let alone find the correct explanation among the many different views out there.

The problem is that it's easy to think his work explains the holes in our view of health -- his advice is stupidly effective ( at least for me). Is it working for the actual reasons he claims though?

He brings attention to very sound ideas, that no one gives a f*ck about, such as calcium, thyroid, fructose, and co2. On the other hand he talks about some of his other ideas as if they were facts, when they are very speculative, at times poorly referenced, and he rarely addresses conflicting evidence (almost always dismissed because of the corruption of scientific culture).

From Alan;
"You can almost picture the guy waking up in cold sweats from nightmares of accidentally eating seeds."
Lol...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals