Amazon Bans anything containing NAC

mimmo123

FDA last year asserted in warning letters that NAC couldn’t be lawfully marketed in dietary supplements because it was first studied as a drug in 1963. The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) made legal arguments challenging the agency’s position in a 2020 letter to FDA.

yerrag

Maybe because big pharma sells prescription NAC, and bulk NAC or NAC pills sold OTC is helpful with decongesting the respiratory tract, and more people needs to be on Remdisivir.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is NAC good for asthma ?
Serotonin and histamine mostly promote asthma, so blocking those can be most helpful.
Tianeptine specifically in doses of 10mg can be very effective at preventing or stopping an attack.

Ideal man

Serotonin and histamine mostly promote asthma, so blocking those can be most helpful.
Tianeptine specifically in doses of 10mg can be very effective at preventing or stopping an attack.
Good to know thanks

JohnHafterson

Probably because it's being used and noted as effective for Covid 19. The timing feels odd...

"NAC administered intravenously, orally, or inhaled, may suppress SARS-CoV-2 replication and may improve outcomes if used timely. Potential therapeutic benefits of NAC include, extracellularly scavenging ROS radicals, replenishing intracellular GSH, suppression of cytokine storm, and T cell protection, thus mitigating inflammation and tissue injury. NAC administration in combination with other antiviral agents may dramatically reduce hospital admission rate, mechanical ventilation and mortality."

B

Braveheart

Probably because it's being used and noted as effective for Covid 19. The timing feels odd...

"NAC administered intravenously, orally, or inhaled, may suppress SARS-CoV-2 replication and may improve outcomes if used timely. Potential therapeutic benefits of NAC include, extracellularly scavenging ROS radicals, replenishing intracellular GSH, suppression of cytokine storm, and T cell protection, thus mitigating inflammation and tissue injury. NAC administration in combination with other antiviral agents may dramatically reduce hospital admission rate, mechanical ventilation and mortality."

Excellent, thank you!

One of my favourite supplements, a smidgen on a spoon with water is quicker than over the counter decongestants.

It’s both enlightening and horrible here in Ray Peat World, once you wake up to the way things work with big pharma (if it’s a commercial threat ban it) you can’t see it any other way again

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I have heard @haidut on a podcast say something like cancer cells use Glutathione to protect themselves and makes them harder to kill and nac being precursor all of it goes to glutathione and it’s better to go with glycine because it’s also a precursor but it’s only converted as much as needed.

but the fact fda wants to ban it makes me think they found some sometimes that it is efficient in curing and could be very profitable.

@haidut do they know something we don’t ?what are they up too and do we need to stock pile nac?

TomS

Iherb offers 20% discount via handy order up to 31st May for all products.
Now Foods' NAC costs (500 mg 100 vegacaps) at 7,22 Euro-20%

JohnHafterson

I don't think the FDA decision is final but concerning.

But if it is, there are other sulfur supplements which share many overlapping/similar effects to NAC.

Aged Garlic Extract hits many of these: intracellular glutathione, amelioration of fatty liver, immune system regulation T-cell, cytotoxicity on cancer cells, antioxidant and mitochondrial things, inflammasome, endotoxin/lps, favorable gut biota, etc.

Aged Garlic Extract contains various cysteine compounds: S-allylcysteine (SAC), S-1-propenylcysteine (S1PC) and S-allylmercaptocysteine (SAMC).

David PS

I noticed that iherb is running low on NAC from different suppliers.

I am wondering if this is a temporary situation or if it will permanent.

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom