Haidut Interview Animal-based vs. Ray Peat diet - Podcast With Georgi Dinkov and Paul Saladino

Mauritio

Interested to see if anyone has found a solution to what georgi mentioned at the start about the starch particles crossing through into the blood stream and how to prevent that happening?
I Think saturated fat can limit starch persorption.

Inaut

Great work @haidut !! Holding it down as usual 💪

I’ve never listened to Saladino so this was more to listen to Georgi than anything else but what I will say is that I didn’t care for the Mexican coke comment right off the bat...Saladino is clearly a salesman and so I’d expect nothing different than 180s in his marketing or perspectives about health. For some reason I associated Matt Blackburn with Saladino when I saw his intro to this interview 🤔...

sunny

We need a HAIDUT INTERVIEW thread as a home base keeping up with podcasts.

Mauritio

Great convo. I'm just happy that the message is spreading and if some people profit from that in the meantime ... so be it.
That's just an inevitable consequence of going mainstream.

When I discovered RP it was as niche as it could be and now we got georgi on a channel with a third of a million subscribers.

And guess who saladino is good friends with? Joe Rogan, the man with the biggest platform in the world... just sayin...
Like some people said already, it really seems that post Ray Peat (R.I.P) his popularity will be on a whole new level.

Mauritio

And like saladino said himself: danny predicted years ago that "saladino will be coming around to carbs" 😃
I remember him saying that on multiple podcasts.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Not to seem critical but Saladino has really aged in the last few years. Hopefully listening to Haidut/Georgi will help him start to reverse that trend.

Regina

Not to seem critical but Saladino has really aged in the last few years. Hopefully listening to Haidut/Georgi will help him start to reverse that trend.
I've never heard of him. He seems pleasant enough. I noted he has skinny arms. (my bicep is bigger)

LadyRae

Paul has always been very clear that his switch to adding fruits/honey was because he wasn't feeling well and he noticed problems with his blood work. He wasn't trying to scam anyone. His fasting glucose in particular was becoming worrisome to him on a ketogenic diet and he has been quite open about this. His message helps many people!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Paul has always been very clear that his switch to adding fruits/honey was because he wasn't feeling well and he noticed problems with his blood work. He wasn't trying to scam anyone. His fasting glucose in particular was becoming worrisome to him on a ketogenic diet and he has been quite open about this. His message helps many people!
Thank you. Has he mentioned how long it took him to improve the fasting glucose? I just remember him from around 2019 when he was only eating meat and organs. I knew he was adding back some carbs but lost track when covid hit and I quit social media.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
Paul is friends with joe rogan and rogans goes to Paul for nutrition advice sometimes so you never georgi make get in rogans radar and that would really expand ray peat work

schmolch

I would like to file a complaint.
When Saladino proudly talked about his high caloric input (3.300) he was congratulated by Georgi for his high metabolism.
WTF, 3300 calories is not much at all for a male who works out several hours every day.
I was promised the energy-metabolism of a child when i signed up, i have the receipts!

area51puy

Forum Supporter
We need a HAIDUT INTERVIEW thread as a home base keeping up with podcasts.
If you have the YouTube app and search georgi dinkov and filter to upload date. I check about once a week to catch his latest interviews.

David PS

This is an excellent interview.

It is a discussion between 2 well-educated people. Paul was gracious and allowed Georgi enough time to state his thoughts on a number of topics. Here are the shortcuts to the various portions of this lengthy interview.
00:00:00 Podcast begins
00:03:56 Sucrose vs. high fructose corn syrup
00:19:26 The link between food, stress hormones, and mental disorders
00:30:23 Thoughts on ketogenic diets
00:38:38 Should we limit our carb intake?
00:47:01 How to test cortisol and other hormones
00:51:18 How hormones and genetics play a role in metabolizing sugar
0:54:50 The Randle Cycle
1:02:56 Low fat vs. high fat diets
01:10:53 Exhaustive exercise
01:22:16 A deep dive into serotonin & SSRIs
01:43:28 Why to avoid starchy foods
01:46:13 The importance of organs
02:01:43 Where to find Georgi’s content

David PS

Last edited:

Momma

Georgi is the star here. The Paul guy doesn’t appear very bright.

@schmolch is on to something. This girl here eats 2500-4000 calories daily once her metabolism was healed. Unfortunately she is plant based; so high carb low protein. Which may skew the argument slightly.

View: https://youtu.be/-hY3dBMDsSw

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom