Any idea on how to reduce acidity of a pineapple?

FitnessMike

low acid fruits weaken my bladder, any idea?

joaquin

I think maybe baking it for approximately 33 to 37 minutes will lower acidity of pineapple?

Jennifer

low acid fruits weaken my bladder, any idea?

Have you tried adding some baking soda to it? I do that whenever I’m testing out a new bottled juice that turns out to be acidic, especially OJ. It doesn’t taste too great, IMO, but it at least neutralizes some of the acidity.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Have you tried adding some baking soda to it? I do that whenever I’m testing out a new bottled juice that turns out to be acidic, especially OJ. It doesn’t taste too great, IMO, but it at least neutralizes some of the acidity.
I honestly don't know how would this work, will baking soda neutralize citric acid in the stomach to a high extent when sprinkling baking soda on the pineapple?

i honestly dont know why would mother nature fu**k with the best fruits this way.

Jennifer

I honestly don't know how would this work, will baking soda neutralize citric acid in the stomach to a high extent when sprinkling baking soda on the pineapple?

i honestly dont know why would mother nature fu**k with the best fruits this way.

It seems to because acidic fruit gives me indigestion and I don’t experience it when I add BS and I’m almost certain Ray recommended it when consuming acidic fruit. I think it was in the context of dental health.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s Mother Nature that is to blame, but human nature. Pineapple naturally has some acidity to it but in my experience, it has barely any when it’s grown well and picked when it’s ripe, and there are even some varieties like sugarloaf that are exceptionally sweet.

joaquin

Baking soda could potentially be a homeopathic distruptor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals