Aspirin Causes Red Corners of Lips

mantq

Hey guys!

I've noticed, that everytime I take aspirin, within the next day or two, corners of my lips become red (angular cheilitis). Other than that, I'm fine with taking aspirin!

Does anyone know why it is causing that? I've experimented with this multiple times and it always comes back whenever I reintroduce aspirin :(

Thanks!

youngsinatra

Some nutritional deficiencies are associated with it. (B vitamins and trace minerals like zinc)

What are you eating primarily?

EustaceBagge

Why does the aspirin cause a zinc issue? Rev'd up metabolism? I expected more thiamine/magnesium stuff, not zinc.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey guys!

I've noticed, that everytime I take aspirin, within the next day or two, corners of my lips become red (angular cheilitis). Other than that, I'm fine with taking aspirin!

Does anyone know why it is causing that? I've experimented with this multiple times and it always comes back whenever I reintroduce aspirin :(

Thanks!
That's a common symptom of low B2.

OP
mantq

mantq

That's a common symptom of low B2.
I'm getting plenty of B2, however, running on the lower side for both zinc and magnesium!

As far as B1 goes, I'm taking benfo 300mg daily, no major improvements but no side effects either since taking it!

But every time I reintroduce aspirin, I get this 'angular cheilitis' on the corners of my lips, strange :?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm getting plenty of B2, however, running on the lower side for both zinc and magnesium!

As far as B1 goes, I'm taking benfo 300mg daily, no major improvements but no side effects either since taking it!

But every time I reintroduce aspirin, I get this 'angular cheilitis' on the corners of my lips, strange :?
Interesting. Where do you get lots of B2 from? Food or supps?

OP
mantq

mantq

Interesting. Where do you get lots of B2 from? Food or supps?
2mg from eggs, 1.5mg from cottage cheese, 1mg from milk, as well as 1mg give or take from miscellaneous sources combined, such as oj, fruits etc.

tigerlily96

Salicylates

Hans

Forum Supporter
2mg from eggs, 1.5mg from cottage cheese, 1mg from milk, as well as 1mg give or take from miscellaneous sources combined, such as oj, fruits etc.
Looks good. I can definitely be the other nutrients as well, such as zinc as you mentioned.

cs3000

Hey guys!

Thanks!
Commonly that's iron deficiency if not b vits,
& aspirin is known to worsen iron deficiency

if not intolerance to salicylates which is common. aspirin acutely turns my finger & toe joints into magma

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals