Assorted news

Peatful

Is there nothing going on with the Hunter Biden investigation?

OP
Z

Zsazsa

Why Argentina is embracing cryptocurrency
By Christine Ro
Buenos Aires
Published 22 April

CENTRAL BANK OF ARGENTINA BANS BANKS FROM OFFERING BITCOIN, CRYPTO SERVICES
The ban comes just a few days after Argentina’s largest private bank announced it would start offering bitcoin to clients.
SHAWN AMICK MAY 6, 2022

OP
Z

Zsazsa

Hong Kong national security police arrest Cardinal Joseph Zen
Prominent Catholic cleric, 90, detained with three others linked to disbanded charity for protesters

The Vatican has voiced concerns over reports that Hong Kong’s national security police has arrested 90-year-old Cardinal Joseph Zen, one of Asia’s most senior and outspoken Catholic clerics.

Zen, a former bishop of Hong Kong, was arrested along with the singer and actor Denise Ho, the lawyer Margaret Ng and the scholar Hui Po-keung were detained by Hong Kong’s national security police.
[...]

Local reports earlier suggested the arrests were related to their roles as trustees of the 612 Humanitarian Relief Fund, which provided legal aid and other financial help to people who took part in the 2019 pro-democracy protests that were quashed by security forces.

[...]
In the UK, Labour’s shadow minister for Asia and Pacific, Catherine West, said in a tweet that the arrests “are a further demonstration of China’s aim to stamp out opposition in Hong Kong, and are completely at odds with the freedoms promised to Hong Kong”. She urged the British government to “work with international partners to demand the release of those detained”.

David PS

The dark side of national health care.

David PS

David PS

1652361558117.png

David PS

David PS

David PS

David PS

This 5 minute video makes me think that climate preservation will be the next justification for a lockdown. If not the next lockdown, it is the direction that we seem to be moving.

View: https://youtu.be/N7cJj3Tnn1Q?t=9

OP
Z

Zsazsa

This 5 minute video makes me think that climate preservation will be the next justification for a lockdown. If not the next lockdown, it is the direction that we seem to be moving.

View: https://youtu.be/N7cJj3Tnn1Q?t=9
Got the newsletter from Nina Teicholz today about that:

New: The Unsettled Science Newsletter​

Dear Friends,

I am launching a newsletter, called Unsettled Science: on why it’s so hard to get good information on nutrition and health, plus other topics in science.

The first issue is about a $380 million, influential study backed by the Gates Foundation, which is informing global health policies yet turns out to be producing highly unreliable numbers on the health risks of foods—red meat, especially. The study authors acknowledge that some numbers in a recent paper were inaccurate, yet they do not plan to correct or retract the paper.

This story is a perfect example of how (and why) the debate over red meat is largely unhinged from the scientific evidence. It’s also an example of why a newsletter on nutrition is urgently needed. The media in the US isn’t covering this, or many other important topics in the field.

Thanks! I’m excited about this new venture and look forward to sharing it with you.

Nina

p.s. You are receiving this email, because you entered your email address on my website. I’m switching now to this other newsletter platform, so if you’d like to hear from me, please subscribe there. It just takes a minute.

Full text here

In the past she managed to get lots of attention regarding saturated fat, let hope she achieves success now as well

Last edited by a moderator:

David PS

1652737043434.png

David PS

David PS

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom