Bacteria Can Hydrogenate PUFA Into SFA

Syncopated

I don't believe the study.

Humans have one stomach like a horse and horses can eat wild natural grass loaded with bacteria yet not have the stomach capability to saturate the fatty acids. A moose or cow has 4 stomach's and was naturally designed to accomplish this task. They chew the cud and allow an enormous amount of bacterial processing in their latter stomach's.

Waynish

I don't believe the study.

Humans have one stomach like a horse and horses can eat wild natural grass loaded with bacteria yet not have the stomach capability to saturate the fatty acids. A moose or cow has 4 stomach's and was naturally designed to accomplish this task. They chew the cud and allow an enormous amount of bacterial processing in their latter stomach's.

Why does it have to be all-or-nothing?

Gadsie

What about adding these bacteria to for example milk, can they saturate the pufas in the milk?

tankasnowgod

Peat could casually mention being interested in chainsaw juggling and I'd probably jump on it.

I think Peat mentioned that Chainsaw Juggling can significantly lower PUFA load, but that could just be a side effect of losing several limbs.

Kray

@Kray or @Mufasa : any feedback on this product?

@managing: So far no complaints, no relapse of symptoms. Started with 2/day, now down to 1/day. Gut seems ok, alternating between Lapodin and occasional Cascara. Keeping going daily carrot salad, fresh organic grassfed milk, good-quality Greek yogurt in moderation, generally get good rest and maintain thyroid function.

managing

@managing: So far no complaints, no relapse of symptoms. Started with 2/day, now down to 1/day. Gut seems ok, alternating between Lapodin and occasional Cascara. Keeping going daily carrot salad, fresh organic grassfed milk, good-quality Greek yogurt in moderation, generally get good rest and maintain thyroid function.
Thanks for the info. Getting some of the Arthur Andrew next week. I'll share my experience when I have something to shar.

Mauritio

what phages are in this product ?
https://www.amazon.com/Designs-Heal...&keywords=phage+probiotics&th=1&tag=rapefo-20

if they are the same there is no need for me to try them. but if they are different it might work even better did anyone try those ones and or can compare them to the life extension version ?

Also @Dan Wich you suspected that all companys use the same 4 phages so do you think the ones in arthur andrews product are also the same ? Then they would be preferable since they lack the probioctis in them ...

Any reviews on arthur andrews vs. life extension ?

I might try the arthur andrew version myself currently using life extension and noticing:
- higher androgens!
- more energy
-more social feel more normal
- less dark circles under my eyes
- can tolerate carrot salad without phages i get sick after some days
overall better life quality

i tried to on /off a few a times. after 3 days the symptoms return . so after stopping and getting back on the difference was really noticable !

Mauritio

I haven't read the studies fully, but what I get from briefly skimming the abstracts is that there are bacteria in your body which hydrogenate PUFA into SFA.

Hydrogenation of polyunsaturated fatty acids by human colonic bacteria - Howard - 2002 - Letters in Applied Microbiology - Wiley Online Library
Polyunsaturated fatty acid saturation by gut lactic acid bacteria affecting host lipid composition
Biohydrogenation of C20 polyunsaturated fatty acids by anaerobic bacteria

So could the composition of bodily bacteria be why many people eat PUFA their whole lives but have no estrogenic/hypothyroid symptoms? And the people who don't have the beneficial bacteria can't hydrogenate their dietary sources of PUFA, so the unsaturated fats accumulate in the body. If that is true, the question is how do you get these beneficial bacteria.
Does the study say which bacteria do this ?
If so why not simply supplement them and live a long and healthy life ? Wouldnt it be much more unlikely to suffer from the consequences of excess PUFA when supplementing them ?

Mauritio

I suspect so, though I never did hear back from them with details on their product.
Ok thanks, though. I might try them out anyway...

Mauritio

Owen B

Aren't those exactly the same ones as in the other phages?
But they still might be worth trying on their own , since they don't contain any probiotics.

And yes they are viruses.
They are the same. Most have the LH01, T4D. LL12 myoviridae and the LL5 siphoviridae.

Here's a Russian company that has more targeted bacteriophages. Bacteriophages

Mauritio

They are the same. Most have the LH01, T4D. LL12 myoviridae and the LL5 siphoviridae.

Here's a Russian company that has more targeted bacteriophages. Bacteriophages
Wow , thanks. Super interesting! I hope they ship to europe .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals