Best way and time of day to take calcium carbonate?

bookshelf

What is the best way and time of day to take calcium carbonate when considering thyroid meds? Should the CC be taken with food? Morning? Night? Away from certain meds or other supplements? And, for those who are proponents of dairy, it isn't an option in this application. TIA!

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I take 1/4 teaspoon of eggshell powder on an empty stomach in the afternoon. I also eat a couple of Tablespoons of greek yogurt in the morning and ice cream in the evening but that is it for dairy products. I don't used thyroid medications. In a thread about calcium there was a study posted that said gastrin is increased when taking calcium carbonate.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I take 1/4 teaspoon of eggshell powder on an empty stomach in the afternoon. I also eat a couple of Tablespoons of greek yogurt in the morning and ice cream in the evening but that is it for dairy products. I don't used thyroid medications. In a thread about calcium there was a study posted that said gastrin is increased when taking calcium carbonate.
Thank you - good to know!

wtf

What is the best way and time of day to take calcium carbonate when considering thyroid meds? Should the CC be taken with food? Morning? Night? Away from certain meds or other supplements? And, for those who are proponents of dairy, it isn't an option in this application. TIA!
Can I tack on?.. What is the recommended calcium carbonate dosage? I been sipping water spiked with 2.5g powdered eggshell during and after my workout to balance my Ca:P ratio to around 1. Is this absurd? I get about 2.5g Calcium per day from this and a good amount of milk and cheese to balance the phosphorous from 2lbs of red meat. Temps are good and have been building a large amount of muscle.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Can I tack on?.. What is the recommended calcium carbonate dosage? I been sipping water spiked with 2.5g powdered eggshell during and after my workout to balance my Ca:P ratio to around 1. Is this absurd? I get about 2.5g Calcium per day from this and a good amount of milk and cheese to balance the phosphorous from 2lbs of red meat. Temps are good and have been building a large amount of muscle.
Absolutely! Great questions and fits the discussion!

golder

Could someone let us know what vitamins not to take with or near calcium supplementation to make sure we absorb the most as possible, and not to compete with any other vitamins etc. thanks!

Dapose

Forum Supporter
I’m curious about peoples calcium carbonate habits as well. So far all I can work in is about a half teaspoon of CC in my ground ancestral meat (liver heart muscle meat). I really like adding it to ground beef because it really does something nice the the flavor.
Otherwise when I put CC in water or coffee it just dives to the bottom of the cup and hides from me. Do you guys just mix a shot of it quickly and then slam it or what?
Snort it with a rolled up $20??
Let’s hear some tips!
Thanks!

milk_lover

I’m curious about peoples calcium carbonate habits as well. So far all I can work in is about a half teaspoon of CC in my ground ancestral meat (liver heart muscle meat). I really like adding it to ground beef because it really does something nice the the flavor.
Otherwise when I put CC in water or coffee it just dives to the bottom of the cup and hides from me. Do you guys just mix a shot of it quickly and then slam it or what?
Let’s hear some tips!
Thanks!
I just take it after a high phosphorus meal when I don't have milk around so I don't forget to balance the excess phosphorous. Milk is obviously better because you avoid the heavy metal concerns that Peat talked about and plus it has lactoferrin and transferrin that both bind to iron found in meat. I never take more than 400 mg per setting; otherwise, I think I am throwing the magnesium balance off. Milk has some magnesium. Coffee latte is even better because the milk and coffee both block iron and help each other in balancing the Ca and Mg ratio. The less dependence on supplements the better but you cannot always find quality milk in hand that agrees with your stomach.

:M :B.

mix it with high phosphorus food. Like mix into ground beef or mix into whatever. I think Haidut said 1 gram per pound of ground beef in his burger. Seems to be a good ratio for me. If I eat a bit less than half pound of beef I do 400mg like milk_lover.

milk_lover

mix it with high phosphorus food. Like mix into ground beef or mix into whatever. I think Haidut said 1 gram per pound of ground beef in his burger. Seems to be a good ratio for me. If I eat a bit less than half pound of beef I do 400mg like milk_lover.
is it 1 gram elemental calcium or calcium carbonate? It would make sense if it's 1 gram elemental calcium because 1g calcium carbonate yields 400mg elemental calcium, and one pound of ground beef has around 800mg excess phosphorous. So to balance it, you would need 800mg calcium (2g calcium carbonate) or 3 liters of milk.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

is it 1 gram elemental calcium or calcium carbonate? It would make sense if it's 1 gram elemental calcium because 1g calcium carbonate yields 400mg elemental calcium, and one pound of ground beef has around 800mg excess phosphorous. So to balance it, you would need 800mg calcium (2g calcium carbonate) or 3 liters of milk.

So, 1 gram is about 1/4 teaspoon, right? So, 1/4 teaspoon : 1# ground meat?

What if we're not eating ground meat every day...what are other effective ways to deliver the calcium carbonate on the regular? Needing to get more calcium in my diet and, as mentioned, dairy isn't an option. I don't want to screw up my digestion (neutralize stomach acid, for instance) by taking it at the wrong time or throw everything out of whack by not balancing nutrients.

Let’s hear some tips!
Thanks!
@Dapose 💸:laughing:

Thanks, yea I was wrong, I thought I heard him say 1 gram per lb of beef. but it's 1 gram per 100 grams of beef.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BIOENERGETIC beef patty <br>recipe 💡🔥 from Georgi Dinkov <a href="https://t.co/KLi2qpRgwK">pic.twitter.com/KLi2qpRgwK</a></p>&mdash; The Edge Content (@theedgecontent) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/theedgecontent/status/1688287232036118528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">August 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, 1 gram is about 1/4 teaspoon, right? So, 1/4 teaspoon : 1# ground meat?

What if we're not eating ground meat every day...what are other effective ways to deliver the calcium carbonate on the regular? Needing to get more calcium in my diet and, as mentioned, dairy isn't an option. I don't want to screw up my digestion (neutralize stomach acid, for instance) by taking it at the wrong time or throw everything out of whack by not balancing nutrients.

@Dapose 💸:laughing:
If you eat Masa Harina you could sneak some calcium into it. Sometimes I'll heat up masa harina into milk (you could use water) with some butter, salt, and gelatin into it. Cook and stir till it thickens like mashed potatoes. My ratio for this is to like 1/2 cup masa to 1-1/4 liquid. Something like that. It's tasty

Dapose

Forum Supporter
@bookshelf
Ha! Ok so I haven’t snorted it yet but I did just put some CC powder in my mouth! It’s pretty good! I just put like 1/16 a teaspoon (experimental dose) on my tongue and worked it with saliva. My teeth and mouth feel nice and clean! I did just eat a steak.
Fist thought is that it’s probably a great thing to do after all meals as a for of oral hygiene. My second thought is that it would go good with honey! Like maybe a spoon of honey with calcium on it. Of coarse the best way would be white bread toasted with butter and honey and a nice dusting of calcium!
Or maybe a cup of chamomile tea with honey and calcium in it.
Ok. Let’s try it!

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

If you eat Masa Harina you could sneak some calcium into it. Sometimes I'll heat up masa harina into milk (you could use water) with some butter, salt, and gelatin into it. Cook and stir till it thickens like mashed potatoes. My ratio for this is to like 1/2 cup masa to 1-1/4 liquid. Something like that. It's tasty
This sounds delicious. Must try. Thank you!

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

@bookshelf
Ha! Ok so I haven’t snorted it yet but I did just put some CC powder in my mouth! It’s pretty good! I just put like 1/16 a teaspoon (experimental dose) on my tongue and worked it with saliva. My teeth and mouth feel nice and clean! I did just eat a steak.
Fist thought is that it’s probably a great thing to do after all meals as a for of oral hygiene. My second thought is that it would go good with honey! Like maybe a spoon of honey with calcium on it. Of coarse the best way would be white bread toasted with butter and honey and a nice dusting of calcium!
Or maybe a cup of chamomile tea with honey and calcium in it.
Ok. Let’s try it!
All sounds great!

milk_lover

I remember Peat said in one of his interviews that he sometimes crushes the egg shell and sprinkle it on top of his scrambled eggs. I don’t know if he processed the egg shell (cleaning, drying, heating, grinding) or used it right away after breaking the egg. It sounded he didn’t overcomplicate it.

wtf

Thanks, yea I was wrong, I thought I heard him say 1 gram per lb of beef. but it's 1 gram per 100 grams of beef.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BIOENERGETIC beef patty <br>recipe 💡🔥 from Georgi Dinkov <a href="https://t.co/KLi2qpRgwK">pic.twitter.com/KLi2qpRgwK</a></p>&mdash; The Edge Content (@theedgecontent) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/theedgecontent/status/1688287232036118528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">August 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like this! And overall I am enjoying this thread

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals