Betaine HCL with Multivitamin

June

Anyone know if I can combine the Betaine HCL with my multivitamin during lunch or dinner? I noticed I do not digest the vitamin pills completely. Will a multivitamin lessen the acidic effect since it may contain calcium and other alkaline vitamins? Thanks in advance.

liam183

You can combine, but I would never recommend a multivitamin. Random dosages of low quality vitamins and minerals, all synthetic.

OP
J

June

You can combine, but I would never recommend a multivitamin. Random dosages of low quality vitamins and minerals, all synthetic.
Perfect! I agree! But it’s only in the meantime till I figure out what my body is in dire need of. I’ve got a bad case of low stomach acid with leaky gut and malabsorption. Which is why I wanted to combine the multivitamin with betaine HCL, since nothing is breaking down in my stomach.

liam183

Perfect! I agree! But it’s only in the meantime till I figure out what my body is in dire need of. I’ve got a bad case of low stomach acid with leaky gut and malabsorption. Which is why I wanted to combine the multivitamin with betaine HCL, since nothing is breaking down in my stomach.
Supplements oftentimes worsen digestive symptoms. I would just stick with a filler free betaine HCl + pepsin and maybe some digestive bitters. Bone broth is a real gut saver

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Supplements oftentimes worsen digestive symptoms. I would just stick with a filler free betaine HCl + pepsin and maybe some digestive bitters. Bone broth is a real gut saver
What can I do to decrease sensitivity to bone broth? I used to be able to drink it with no issues. Ever since a short stink on PPI’s ruined my gut/caused chronic reflux, I’m unable to tolerate bone broth. HLC seems to give me heartburn. Thanks!

OP
J

June

@liam183 I will definitely look into the digestive bitters!

@Jkbp same here. I can tolerate HCL to a certain point but can't go above 2 pills. Make sure you are taking it with protein/meat. I'm afraid bone broth might cause histamine issues.

liam183

What can I do to decrease sensitivity to bone broth? I used to be able to drink it with no issues. Ever since a short stink on PPI’s ruined my gut/caused chronic reflux, I’m unable to tolerate bone broth. HLC seems to give me heartburn. Thanks!
Sounds like a histamine issue with bone broth. If HCl gives you heartburn, you either 1) need to take it with food 2) take less 3) don't need any at all 4) have an ulcer 5) have H. Pylori

OP
J

June

Sounds like a histamine issue with bone broth. If HCl gives you heartburn, you either 1) need to take it with food 2) take less 3) don't need any at all 4) have an ulcer 5) have H. Pylori
This is intriguing. Why would it indicate H.Pylori? Is it because it may have damaged the stomach lining causing the irritation from HCL?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
This is intriguing. Why would it indicate H.Pylori? Is it because it may have damaged the stomach lining causing the irritation from HC
i do have H Pylori. How would H Pylori affect my digestion of bone broth? Any suggests to improve digestion? Thanks!

Badger

Life Extention (LEF) multivitamins are high quality and you can gen them in capsule form - easier to digest - instead of pill form. I've had very good results with them, better than any other multivitamin I've ever used.

OP
J

June

Life Extention (LEF) multivitamins are high quality and you can gen them in capsule form - easier to digest - instead of pill form. I've had very good results with them, better than any other multivitamin I've ever used.
Looks good! But which vitamin is it under that line of products? I see "two per day" and others.

Badger

Looks good! But which vitamin is it under that line of products? I see "two per day" and others.
NOT the 2 per day! Crap.
Get this one, which entails 12 capsules per day. You will feel the difference from any other multi out there. Dont' take it every day, and you should try 6 initially to get accustomed to it:
Amazon product ASIN B07KFH8H3RView: https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Mix-Multi-Vitamin-Capsules/dp/B07KFH8H3R/ref=sr_1_1?crid=ME0J9KDTNWTX&keywords=Life+Extension+Mix%E2%84%A2+capsules&sprefix=life+extension+mix+capsules%2Caps%2C1006&sr=8-1

OP
J

June

NOT the 2 per day! Crap.
Get this one, which entails 12 capsules per day. You will feel the difference from any other multi out there. Dont' take it every day, and you should try 6 initially to get accustomed to it:
Amazon product ASIN B07KFH8H3RView: https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Mix-Multi-Vitamin-Capsules/dp/B07KFH8H3R/ref=sr_1_1?crid=ME0J9KDTNWTX&keywords=Life+Extension+Mix%E2%84%A2+capsules&sprefix=life+extension+mix+capsules%2Caps%2C1006&sr=8-1
Holy! 12 Caps! Who can swallow that many? But I appreciate it all the same. I'll look further into the product.

mostlylurking

I’ve got a bad case of low stomach acid with leaky gut and malabsorption.
Consider the possibility of a thiamine deficiency.

I had similar symptoms that resolved via thiamine supplementation. I take high dose thiamine hcl. No more digestive tract problems. I've been fine since February of 2020.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
i do have H Pylori. How would H Pylori affect my digestion of bone broth? Any suggests to improve digestion? Thanks!
Consider the possibility of a thiamine deficiency.

I had similar symptoms that resolved via thiamine supplementation. I take high dose thiamine hcl. No more digestive tract problems. I've been fine since February of 2020.
Which thiamine HCl do you use? Do you take it before every meal? How many? Did you start out with a smaller dose an increase? Please give me as many details as possible. I will try it.

mostlylurking

Which thiamine HCl do you use? Do you take it before every meal? How many? Did you start out with a smaller dose an increase? Please give me as many details as possible. I will try it.
I use pure bulk powder thiamine hcl that I buy from bulksupplements.com, also from purebulk.com. I started taking a higher dose of it fall of 2020 because I had severe pain from lactic acidosis. I started with around 350mgs, 2Xday, taken with water only. I increased the dose about every 10 days - two weeks until I got up to 750mg, 2Xday = 1500mg/day. However, this turned out to be inadequate for me.

I found Dr. Costantini's website and learned that my optimized dose would probably be 2000mg (2 grams)/day based on my weight. So I again increased my dose to 1 gram, 2Xday. After 2 days on this dose, my digestive tract normalized in multiple ways. I had had multiple digestive problems for many years. These all resolved with this high dose thiamine.

I space my doses 30 minutes away from consuming anything sweet. This usually works out to spacing the doses 30 minutes away from consuming anything except water, usually around 11:00am and then again around 3-4:00pm. The thiamine fixed my autonomic nervous system, including my vagus nerve. As a result of this, my stomach now makes stomach acid normally again.

liam183

@Jkbp I think it's Dr. Clark store. 0 fillers or flow agents and gelatin capsule. Very pure product. I take one in the morning with breakfast and one with dinner. You may need more or less as it's very individual

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals