Big jump in cholesterol

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
My last cholesterol test was october 2023. Everything was looking normal. However I just did another one yesterday and everything has spiked. My eating habits have remained the same if not improved. I dont smoke and I only drink alcohol once a week. Going to the gym is sporadic. I have a hard time being consistent. Some weeks I will go 4 times other weeks nothing.
5'10'' 200lbs 38 yrs. Active job not sitting in a chair.
Are these cholesterol levels life threatening?

A1C is trending lower though.

October 2023
1712064725845.png

April 2024

1712064768673.png

1712064875488.png

1712064923855.png

As you age, your cholesterol levels need to go up. Also, you drink every week? You didn’t mention how many drinks you have.. but alcohol is carcinogenic no matter how much you drink.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
As you age, your cholesterol levels need to go up. Also, you drink every week? You didn’t mention how many drinks you have.. but alcohol is carcinogenic no matter how much you drink.
i usually drink a moderate amount on friday or saturday at dinner. Never to the point of blacking out

Donna57

Forum Supporter
Based on what you know about cholesterol do you think my spike is life threatening?
I suggest you upload your blood test results here for an analysis: Healthmatters.io

Are you around Cigarette smoke or smokers?

Being around cigarette smoke blocks the transport of cholesterol.

Smoke’s regulation of cholesterol transport, inflammation, and mitochondrial dysfunction appears to be mechanistically linked to each other

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I suggest you upload your blood test results here for an analysis: Healthmatters.io

Are you around Cigarette smoke or smokers?

Being around cigarette smoke blocks the transport of cholesterol.

Smoke’s regulation of cholesterol transport, inflammation, and mitochondrial dysfunction appears to be mechanistically linked to each other
No smoking and not around smokers

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
wow do we know for sure this guy is saying true things? His explanation completely upends my understanding of cholesterol and everything I have been told.
High cholesterol is a sign of high toxicity of "vitamin A" and other toxins. If you are doing the typical Ray Peat food suggestions then that would definitely do it as it had done it to many people.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
High cholesterol is a sign of high toxicity of "vitamin A" and other toxins. If you are doing the typical Ray Peat food suggestions then that would definitely do it as it had done it to many people.
I am eating a lot of carrots, potatoes, brocolli, fresh squeezed orange juice, aspirin, d3 and k2 supplements, chicken, ground beef, I do still eat rice and occasionally salmon. I take a daily shot of a high quality olive oil, and I cook with a coconut oil. No other oils are used.

I know I am not a perfect peater but I been trying to adopt foods spoken about on this forum.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
This Doctor is an excellent resource on information related to the wonders of Cholesterol and why we need it. The doctors have demonized and lied to people for years.
View: https://youtu.be/jiUUcHmBD4A?si=kt0XadE_h7HZT_K4

according to this video it sounds like the most important factor to look for is HDL. If I continue to raise this it shouldn't matter what my LDL, triglycerides, and total cholesterol levels are.

ddjd

Flush NIACIN and Taurine brings mine down by like 1/3

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

ddjd

I think it is just niacin
Would be a good idea to check what form of niacin. And what dose? I do 1-2g daily

I wouldn't be concerned. My total cholesterol was around 300 for last 5-7 years.

Get it tested again to confirm if it's definitely higher. If it bothers you just increase dose of flush niacin

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
According to the video in this thread all I should be concerned about is HDL lower than 50?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals