Can anything be done to stop/slow down my 9 year old daughter starting puberty?

AlaskaJono

Her diets not the best to be honest. Cereal, sweets, crisps, chicken nuggets, pizza etc. We try to get as much Peat stuff in her belly as we can. Not much water these days. Mostly oj, apple juice and a glass or two of milk per day. I think it could be a stressful C- section birth that’s messed up her stress hormones. She had really bad colic for the first year and then she developed really bad night terrors. The night terrors have simmered down now tho and she only has them when she’s got a cold or run down.
Well, the crisps and chicken nuggets, are no doubt fried in PUFA oil. Who knows how much else is in her daily/weekly diet. Definitely ST|OP that food supply as much as possible. Good clean water supply is important too. And I totally agree with others in that NO OTHER hormones need be prescribed to her at this age. Unfortunately this situation is common. I have had a lot of teachers, both primary and secondary school age, in my life, and they all say that behavioural problems AND puberty are starting earlier now that 40 years ago. So what ever you can do to promote healthy eating with as few PUFAs and PUFA oil as possible is vital. Good luck.

OLLNX

Hi pals, I’m curious if there’s any options to help pause/slow down my 9 year old daughter hitting puberty … which I know is extremely early and unhealthy. She’s a fussy eater so her diet isn’t the best. I know estrogen is an issue with this so would Progest-e or Pregnenolone be a safe option for a girl her age? Any knowledge and ideas would be grand.

Cheers,
Progest-e might actually work

HumanLife

How much time does she spend outside?

Sunlight opposes cortisol, and thus puberty.

OP
D
This is a good common sense instinct to protect her, listen to it. Leave her alone, and accept her as is, she is a perfectly healthy normal girl. If her diet is mostly garbage junk food, of course keep trying to make it better, as long as you can do so in a gentle and kind way.
Yeah of course. But I have to ask you, what if she’s extremely hypothyroid?

OP
D
Does she have a father in the home? Is she around strangers all day and not her parents? They go through puberty early because they know deep down they need to be able to reproduce for safety. In the modern world the parents send the children out to be educated by the government, which is clearly trying to do population control on the children. Not only don't the parents care, but most of them do everything to avoid knowing this so they won't have to face it.
I am here father. Me and my wife are clued up on all that stuff.

OP
D
My puberty was delayed to age 17 and I am very grateful for it, as I had a happy and long childhood and was able to focus on school/music/etc. And supposedly 17 was normal in Japan a hundred years ago anyway?Getting those hormones down by eating a very low fat diet rich in fiber, based on John McDougalls heart disease program (for my Dad). I was also active in dance and loved swimming, aerobics, everything like that. I went to the gym for fun to destress when not in dance or swim season. FWIW my mom gave me one grain of thyroid daily starting at age 11 or so because I was a bit low energy. She also gave me b12 shots weekly that had liver extract and I ate a giant raw carrot after school every day to make it to dinner. Never touched fluoride. We ate huge portions of potatoes, rice, pasta, oatmeal, plenty of fruit and oj, and veggies. My lunch was mainly Ezekiel bread with lowfat cottage cheese or yogurt, everything else vegan.
Looking back at it, I ate plenty of food but I was very lean - too lean to mentruate until late in high school. Nobody ate snacks back then either or had fancy coffee drinks/snoothies or at least I didn't (the 90s) Kids today just put on weight so easily with all the tasty things and when girls have enough body fat, they are going to develop. So, we have to fill them with foods that are less calorically dense, get them moving, and get the fiber in to keep estrogens from recycling.
Yeah the correct nutrition is vital for this I think.

OP
D
Well, the crisps and chicken nuggets, are no doubt fried in PUFA oil. Who knows how much else is in her daily/weekly diet. Definitely ST|OP that food supply as much as possible. Good clean water supply is important too. And I totally agree with others in that NO OTHER hormones need be prescribed to her at this age. Unfortunately this situation is common. I have had a lot of teachers, both primary and secondary school age, in my life, and they all say that behavioural problems AND puberty are starting earlier now that 40 years ago. So what ever you can do to promote healthy eating with as few PUFAs and PUFA oil as possible is vital. Good luck.
Cheers.

OP
D
Start with the basics, like some supplement formula for the thyroid which includes the typical nutrients like iodine, selenium, zinc, copper, etc.
Yeah thats a good idea cos she’s definitely lacking in those nutrients. No chance getting her to eat liver or oysters.

OP
D
How much time does she spend outside?

Sunlight opposes cortisol, and thus puberty.
Seasonal I suppose. We’ve got a nice sized garden so she’s out with us during the summer but more indoors during winter. She’s definitely got more into gaming over the last year and I know that can effect cortisol etc.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
The Peaty things: couple of glasses of milk, orange juice, coke, potatoes, steak, carrot salad. No eggs or cheese unless it’s on a pizza.
Way back I read about young children or even babies developing breasts due to estrogen in food. Soy products contain, as I remember, estrogen or estrogen mimicking substances. Dairy may also contain estrogen. Municipal water may be contaminated with estrogen from birth control pills. Use a reverse osmosis water filter. Certain meats may contain estrogen, so use only organic meat.

OP
D
Way back I read about young children or even babies developing breasts due to estrogen in food. Soy products contain, as I remember, estrogen or estrogen mimicking substances. Dairy may also contain estrogen. Municipal water may be contaminated with estrogen from birth control pills. Use a reverse osmosis water filter. Certain meats may contain estrogen, so use only organic meat.
Yeah I’m aware. Because she’s a fussy eater its more tricky. We buy organic as much as possible.

Yeah of course. But I have to ask you, what if she’s extremely hypothyroid?
Get some blood work done and see. If she is "extremely hypothyroid" any regular doctor will treat her (I know, taboo to even suggest on here). She would also likely experience a ton of other symptoms including weight gain, extreme fatigue, etc.

This thread really creeps me out. I know the bioenergetic causes of early sexual development in various plants and animals was Peat's original inspiration for most of his health work... but that's a whole different thing from people talking about chemically altering puberty in kids with hormones to make them conform to some statistical average or ideal. It reeks of creepy old fashioned fear of girls normal development, the stuff that leads to genital mutilation, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals