Can We Have A Definitive Answer For Low Rhr In Athletes?

It's not about success it's about watch her carry herself because she is clearly not dumb.

Drareg

No she is not dumb ,far from it , more in a politician category, she is definitely sharper than many people on TV .
Overpayed IMO

tara

So the question: Is low RHR indicative of a low metabolism, even in trained strength atheletes?
My current take is that there is a rough relationship between resting heart-rate x pulse pressure and BMR. This is because heart-rate and pulse pressure determine how much blood you are pumping round the body, and this responds to demand for oxygen. The higher the BMR, the more oxygen is required faster. This relationship may be modified by other factors. - eg if CO2 is particularly low from hyperventilation, people sometimes get strong heartbeat, trying to oxygen to tissues under poor delivery conditions. There is speculation on another thread that higher CO2 levels and therefore easier delivery of oxygen from blood to tissues may sometimes be consistent with a lower heartrate.

BMR is typically reduced by prolonged endurance exercise - T3 production reduces. This means there is less usable energy available for maintenance and repair functions.

tara

I think that a low heart rate and puls is a sign of a lower Metabolismus but i also think that this could be a healthy adaption while one is training hard.
The body adapts to conserve energy where it can when energy demands go up without corresponding increased energy supply. The alternative is more destructive.

Ahanu

The body adapts to conserve energy where it can when energy demands go up without corresponding increased energy supply. The alternative is more destructive.
Exactly!

Ahanu

I believe if your pulse increases after food and you feel warm temp increase it's a sign of good thyroid function.
Yes, i believe so too, and there are other signs like good sleep, good mood, not getting colds, good libido etz which represents a healthy metabolism (imo) but i think you got my point. Just talking about a resting heart number without specification about the circumstances it was measured and than compare it without knowing how Barnes did it with bis patients seems pointless to me.

Drareg

Yes, i believe so too, and there are other signs like good sleep, good mood, not getting colds, good libido etz which represents a healthy metabolism (imo) but i think you got my point. Just talking about a resting heart number without specification about the circumstances it was measured and than compare it without knowing how Barnes did it with bis patients seems pointless to me.

Absolutely ,context is everything. It's nice to have some tools to get things under control when the stress is unavoidable, ideally with enough finance we could live at altitude,sunbath ,ski and eat lots of alpine dairy, might not need supplements then,close to the ideal environment with healthy stress.

XPlus

It could be adaptive for what your doing, people who do that diving competition ,see who goes further down?would probably not do well taking T3 before the event.

Interesting point you bring.
I've been thinking about quite a bit after jumping to Peat.
To expand on what what you've said, running high metabolic rates is expensive and challenging while sedentary.
Thinking of things from the opportunity cost point of view, there's only a limited amount of fuel one person can acquire and process at given point in time.
Exercise is a state where the body puts to work most if not all of its systems to full or near full potential.
Working muscles, nerves and glands add up to the energy requirements.
This pushes the demand for resources higher during exercise but there's only limited amounts of steroids, vitamins, minerals and energy to support this level of respiration.
Theoretically, if we can always sustain the supply of resources and process them efficiently, we can be immortal but reality has its limitations on us. The superman mode is unsustainable in endurance exercise because we'll quickly exhaust our energy reserves and wear out energy processing organs. So the body has to switch to a low metabolism mode to keep going.
Low metabolism works by mobilizing energy from within through stress hormones, triggering a degenerative metabolic pathway: rise in estrogen and serotonin, loss of copper, retaining an excess of iron, increased alkalinity of cell environment, build up of lactic acid and ammonium, loss of sodium and other alkaline minerals.

Stress fuel has very low rate of metabolism so the extra heart rate since isn't necessary. There's barely an adequate energy dispersal throughout the body anyway. Whatever is available is used sustain vital organs and essential processes.

Saying it's an adaptive process is spot on. That's why people who buy too much into the sports mania start losing their hair, libido and become more susceptible to disease: there's an opportunity cost to utilising energy.

An excess of T3 in endurance might not be a good idea when it pushes through the wrong metabolic pathway but having enough energy to go with the T3 should allow for more efficient energy use (given good liver health).

Drareg

Interesting point you bring.
I've been thinking about quite a bit after jumping to Peat.
To expand on what what you've said, running high metabolic rates is expensive and challenging while sedentary.
Thinking of things from the opportunity cost point of view, there's only a limited amount of fuel one person can acquire and process at given point in time.
Exercise is a state where the body puts to work most if not all of its systems to full or near full potential.
Working muscles, nerves and glands add up to the energy requirements.
This pushes the demand for resources higher during exercise but there's only limited amounts of steroids, vitamins, minerals and energy to support this level of respiration.
Theoretically, if we can always sustain the supply of resources and process them efficiently, we can be immortal but reality has its limitations on us. The superman mode is unsustainable in endurance exercise because we'll quickly exhaust our energy reserves and wear out energy processing organs. So the body has to switch to a low metabolism mode to keep going.
Low metabolism works by mobilizing energy from within through stress hormones, triggering a degenerative metabolic pathway: rise in estrogen and serotonin, loss of copper, retaining an excess of iron, increased alkalinity of cell environment, build up of lactic acid and ammonium, loss of sodium and other alkaline minerals.

Stress fuel has very low rate of metabolism so the extra heart rate since isn't necessary. There's barely an adequate energy dispersal throughout the body anyway. Whatever is available is used sustain vital organs and essential processes.

Saying it's an adaptive process is spot on. That's why people who buy too much into the sports mania start losing their hair, libido and become more susceptible to disease: there's an opportunity cost to utilising energy.

An excess of T3 in endurance might not be a good idea when it pushes through the wrong metabolic pathway but having enough energy to go with the T3 should allow for more efficient energy use (given good liver health).

Ray Peat mentioned that we have not found a reason to say why we are not immortal, I think he gives an analogy for a car on a road, the car does not break but the road gets full of junk stopping the car. Highly unlikely statistically however that you could be immortal in the flesh,accidents will happen at some point!

Many of the non pro athletes who are self styling as personal trainers are headed for a cliff edge health wise, I think this training obsession is a way out instead of thinking and being creative, another form of addiction in a warped capitalist society, even the social aspect of the interactions in gyms is questionable these days.
5 days a week they are going with training and not getting paid.
Is this better than doing drugs,alcoholism ,being an addict in that sense? I don't know,most of them I know training this way smoke a lot of weed come to think of it.

A moderate amount of exercise,good diet, sincere social interaction and not an ego exchange is hugely empowering at the gym,the obsessed ones may be protecting themselves with high calories,coconut oil,bcaa's but the other crap they are taking will catch up,huge doses of fish oils being one of the many fads they follow.
They all believe stress hormones is the normal way to live,adrenaline stream of consciousness, sad thing is they think they are depressed when they don't train, the body wants to hibernate.

In saying that high metabolism should suit some sports like snooker,Olympic shooting and the like.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom