Careful Where You Put That. Red Light On Testes Could Be A Problem

tankasnowgod

So you're saying you can cook your balls - or other cells - without feeling the pain using IR... While cooking yourself with the sun would generate pain? Still doesn't make sense to me.

Well, these were rats they were testing, so they very well may have felt pain somewhere during that 30 minute treatment. I don't think they had much of a choice to stop it, though. The testicles are also much more sensitive to heat than other parts of the body, so issues can also arise from heat there that wouldn't on, say, your stomach or thighs. They work better a few degrees below body temp, which is why they hang outside your body. Third, the IR laser was intense (as Such pointed out, you probably could light a cigarette with it), and the dose was massive at 360J, when 4-6J is the dose that's usually recommended (so, close to 100 times the recommended dose).

The truly crazy thing is that these wildly destructive doses still showed benefits.

Makrosky

They are using that figure to represent a total dose, not an intensity. I saw they specified 30 minute treatment.

360 joules/cm^2 delivered in 10 seconds (600 mw / cm^2) is very powerful and should definitely be used cautiously on most tissue. Delivered over 30 minutes (200 mw/cm^2) it is much less intense, but still past the upper limit of what I think is considered safe by most of the literature. Most sources I've seen recommend closer to 25 mw/cm^2, 50mw/cm^2 being the safe upper limit. Light being delivered by a laser is potentially more destructive, but this study is using power densities way above what is considered safe.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. The study found those problems ONLY with the 808nm wavelenght. Found no problems whatsoever with 670nm.

Insomnia

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. The study found those problems ONLY with the 808nm wavelenght. Found no problems whatsoever with 670nm.

So there's no real problem (so far, until further research proves the opposite) with the normal red-light (600 range) is what we can conclude? I was actually going to buy both the red light and infrared one, now I am actually holding back onto the infrared light. I mean, if I don't shine it on the balls, it still has it's benefits when using it on sore muscles for example or on the back/chest? Every concern I read here, was mostly about shining it on the testes if I am correct. I genuinely don't know which one to buy, because it's getting quite confusing. Could anyone do a certain recommendation?

Makrosky

So there's no real problem (so far, until further research proves the opposite) with the normal red-light (600 range) is what we can conclude? I was actually going to buy both the red light and infrared one, now I am actually holding back onto the infrared light. I mean, if I don't shine it on the balls, it still has it's benefits when using it on sore muscles for example or on the back/chest? Every concern I read here, was mostly about shining it on the testes if I am correct. I genuinely don't know which one to buy, because it's getting quite confusing. Could anyone do a certain recommendation?
Read this. Boys, Don't Toast Your Balls

Makrosky

Thank you, so I can assume that if I don't use it on the testes, it's safer, even though it can be used on the testes in moderation. It's kinda frustrating to understand how light and stuff works, a whole new world is opening for me right now. I am eager to learn ofcourse, that's a plus haha.

Yes, we are all learning and experimenting. Don't worry. Sometimes we want to go too fast. So a few things :

1.- Do you want to solve a specific problem with the redlight or more for a systemic effect ?

2.- I would not use it on the testes at the beginning. Just in case. I would use it in thyroid or other areas of the body like face, scalp, stomach and liver areas, etc. (eyes closed at the beginning). For the thyroid, also, be careful. Start slow. We tend to think a light can't create such powerful effects but IT DOES. So whatever you do start with low doses in non superficial organ areas and see how you feel. Of course you will be immediately tempted to use it everywhere (I'm the same) but trust me focus in just one organ because if you do something wrong you won't know what happened. I'm not only saying this because of the tissue damage concerns but because Red Light therapy has always a BIPHASIC response. That means : too few joules and you get nothing, too much joules and you get nothing (or bad effects). It has to fall down in the middle of the U-Shaped curve (biphasic response) for good results. That can be tricky to achieve because there's no fixed rules.

I think if you read all the red light threads and LLLT threads in the forum you will get a decent idea. Also Daniel11 posted a few hours ago an introductory study to LLLT (that's just another way to call redlight therapy) which is VERY informative, read it, it's worth every page.

Ask if you need something else.

Makrosky

@Insomnia I don't know if you are aware of this but here I go :

The body mantains a delicate balance of hormones. This is obvious.

Testosterone can be "aromatized" by the aromatase enzymes into estrogen (very bad).

If you suddenly increase testosterone and you have a high aromatase activity (low thyroid, PUFAS, deficiencies, bad nutrition, excess endotoxin, mental/emotional stress, etc.) it can be converted to estrogen, so you end up worse than at the beginning.

Focusing in improving thyroid and nutrition and leaving your balls alone, is the PROPER way to go.

Also, too much testosterone has it's own problems even if not aromatized (like high hematocrites, etc.) so ... again, leave your balls alone :):

Insomnia

Yes, we are all learning and experimenting. Don't worry. Sometimes we want to go too fast. So a few things :

1.- Do you want to solve a specific problem with the redlight or more for a systemic effect ?

2.- I would not use it on the testes at the beginning. Just in case. I would use it in thyroid or other areas of the body like face, scalp, stomach and liver areas, etc. (eyes closed at the beginning). For the thyroid, also, be careful. Start slow. We tend to think a light can't create such powerful effects but IT DOES. So whatever you do start with low doses in non superficial organ areas and see how you feel. Of course you will be immediately tempted to use it everywhere (I'm the same) but trust me focus in just one organ because if you do something wrong you won't know what happened. I'm not only saying this because of the tissue damage concerns but because Red Light therapy has always a BIPHASIC response. That means : too few joules and you get nothing, too much joules and you get nothing (or bad effects). It has to fall down in the middle of the U-Shaped curve (biphasic response) for good results. That can be tricky to achieve because there's no fixed rules.

I think if you read all the red light threads and LLLT threads in the forum you will get a decent idea. Also Daniel11 posted a few hours ago an introductory study to LLLT (that's just another way to call redlight therapy) which is VERY informative, read it, it's worth every page.

Ask if you need something else.

Thank you so much, just what I needed. U broke it down in a more understandable way. I will definitely use it on the thyroid, that's one of the first things I want to try out. I was planning to use the infrared-light after heavy workouts and to relieve joint pain in certain areas. I also read somewhere, that some use "safety" goggles and say not to use the lights without them?

@Insomnia I don't know if you are aware of this but here I go :

The body mantains a delicate balance of hormones. This is obvious.

Testosterone can be "aromatized" by the aromatase enzymes into estrogen (very bad).

If you suddenly increase testosterone and you have a high aromatase activity (low thyroid, PUFAS, deficiencies, bad nutrition, excess endotoxin, mental/emotional stress, etc.) it can be converted to estrogen, so you end up worse than at the beginning.

Focusing in improving thyroid and nutrition and leaving your balls alone, is the PROPER way to go.

Also, too much testosterone has it's own problems even if not aromatized (like high hematocrites, etc.) so ... again, leave your balls alone :):

Thanks, that was my thinking also, the only (big) problem I have right now, is the thyroid, which is a bit underactive (i.e. hypo). I actually tried so many things to correct this underactive thyroid, and while I "seemingly" but slowly improve (or perhaps I am thinking myself into it, you never know :p) I feel I need to try out different things and find out what works for me. I made alot of dietary adjusments, and I feel so much better then I did 1 year ago.

I actually started out seriously, about 1 year ago and made drastic changes since then. I think my journey started out with the vitamin k2, and since I saw changes which even my dentist noticed (she said she didn't had to remove any calcus/tartar, which is that plaque/calcification on the teeth). Prior to using k-2, I always needed some calcifcation removed by her. Also my face has also made some changes, while I do not know whether I can solely attribute that to the usage of k-2.

Anyhow, my point was to say that, supplementing did make a change. Because of that, I was more open-minded to other stuff when it came to diet/supplements. I do believe, food (in a perfect world without pollution and stuff) is king when feeding your body and it would be nice to give your body what it needs without the use of supplements. The sad thing is, I do think (even though I'd rather see it differently) that most diets do need some bit of a touch-up with the use of supplements.

Again, thank you so much for the help. I think the big question is, whether I should go for the infrared light and use it for anything other then the testes. I will definitely buy the "normal" red light, is there anything else I missed out or something I should know?

Many greetings,

From the Netherlands.

Makrosky

Thank you so much, just what I needed. U broke it down in a more understandable way. I will definitely use it on the thyroid, that's one of the first things I want to try out. I was planning to use the infrared-light after heavy workouts and to relieve joint pain in certain areas. I also read somewhere, that some use "safety" goggles and say not to use the lights without them?

Thanks, that was my thinking also, the only (big) problem I have right now, is the thyroid, which is a bit underactive (i.e. hypo). I actually tried so many things to correct this underactive thyroid, and while I "seemingly" but slowly improve (or perhaps I am thinking myself into it, you never know :p) I feel I need to try out different things and find out what works for me. I made alot of dietary adjusments, and I feel so much better then I did 1 year ago.

I actually started out seriously, about 1 year ago and made drastic changes since then. I think my journey started out with the vitamin k2, and since I saw changes which even my dentist noticed (she said she didn't had to remove any calcus/tartar, which is that plaque/calcification on the teeth). Prior to using k-2, I always needed some calcifcation removed by her. Also my face has also made some changes, while I do not know whether I can solely attribute that to the usage of k-2.

Anyhow, my point was to say that, supplementing did make a change. Because of that, I was more open-minded to other stuff when it came to diet/supplements. I do believe, food (in a perfect world without pollution and stuff) is king when feeding your body and it would be nice to give your body what it needs without the use of supplements. The sad thing is, I do think (even though I'd rather see it differently) that most diets do need some bit of a touch-up with the use of supplements.

Again, thank you so much for the help. I think the big question is, whether I should go for the infrared light and use it for anything other then the testes. I will definitely buy the "normal" red light, is there anything else I missed out or something I should know?

Many greetings,

From the Netherlands.

No problem, I'm glad I can help. I'm not an expert on the topic at all. Just another guy experimenting with it.

My suggestion is that you can use the redlight on thyroid and in any other areas that are NOT endocrine at the beginning (testes, adrenals, etc.) . The reason is what I said, when you start seeing effects (either good or bad) you won't know where they come from. So you can use it on thyroid and on knees, that's for sure. I agree with you regarding supps, I like them and find them useful. Only problem is when you start hitting hard the hormones, things can get out of control. Normally not permanently but still... Better to start slow.

Regarding the eyes... LLLT should be very beneficial for them in the correct wavelenghts and dose. My suggestion about closing eyes if shine on the face is more as a precaution until you learn how to properly use and dose it. Read Daniel11 posts about it.

Regarding Red vs Infrared... I don't know, honestly. Both are going to be helpful for thyroid that is for sure. Some users prefer infrared, some others prefer visible. I think visible one is better for starting and more versatile and less risk of mistakes. It does things to the thyroid that I can guarantee you. After a few minutes of use I could feel my extremities getting comfortably warm and temps up to 37.1 ºC (never had that high temp before with any supp).

And the most important thing : Please share your results and experiences in the forum! :):

johnsmith

I'm not only saying this because of the tissue damage concerns but because Red Light therapy has always a BIPHASIC response. That means : too few joules and you get nothing, too much joules and you get nothing (or bad effects). It has to fall down in the middle of the U-Shaped curve (biphasic response) for good results. That can be tricky to achieve because there's no fixed rules.

Do the visible red light wave lengths have the Biphasic response as well?

johnsmith

Well do you think three different sessions daily of 8 minutes, each on different body parts would be ok? Does anyone have guide lines for Biphasic response avoidance?

By the way, I find the fasted way to get a "buzz" off my Red Light Mini device is to shine it in the mouth. (and sometimes I even try to get it up the nose a bit too at the same time.)

When I shine my device on my balls, I press it up close at first and slowly move it away from balls as the device heats up.

Insomnia

No problem, I'm glad I can help. I'm not an expert on the topic at all. Just another guy experimenting with it.

My suggestion is that you can use the redlight on thyroid and in any other areas that are NOT endocrine at the beginning (testes, adrenals, etc.) . The reason is what I said, when you start seeing effects (either good or bad) you won't know where they come from. So you can use it on thyroid and on knees, that's for sure. I agree with you regarding supps, I like them and find them useful. Only problem is when you start hitting hard the hormones, things can get out of control. Normally not permanently but still... Better to start slow.

Regarding the eyes... LLLT should be very beneficial for them in the correct wavelenghts and dose. My suggestion about closing eyes if shine on the face is more as a precaution until you learn how to properly use and dose it. Read Daniel11 posts about it.

Regarding Red vs Infrared... I don't know, honestly. Both are going to be helpful for thyroid that is for sure. Some users prefer infrared, some others prefer visible. I think visible one is better for starting and more versatile and less risk of mistakes. It does things to the thyroid that I can guarantee you. After a few minutes of use I could feel my extremities getting comfortably warm and temps up to 37.1 ºC (never had that high temp before with any supp).

And the most important thing : Please share your results and experiences in the forum! :):

Thanks once again, I'll check out daniel his posts about these lights and also share my experiences regarding them. Starting off, I'll try to get an promotion code and purchase these lights ;)

Makrosky

Well do you think three different sessions daily of 8 minutes, each on different body parts would be ok? Does anyone have guide lines for Biphasic response avoidance?

By the way, I find the fasted way to get a "buzz" off my Red Light Mini device is to shine it in the mouth. (and sometimes I even try to get it up the nose a bit too at the same time.)

When I shine my device on my balls, I press it up close at first and slowly move it away from balls as the device heats up.
Sorry but I don't think nobody knows. It depends on so many factors. I can't give any advice, really. Just start slow and watch reactions. What effect do you get when you put the redlight in the mouth?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom