Cheese

Velve921

What are everyone's thoughts on the benefits of cheese? I currently do 2-3oz a day of Kerrygolds...delicious! Any suggestions on amount per day?

Spokey

My family and I eat cheese like hungry cartoon mice. My little boy will ask for cheese for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he's thriving.

I think some people have trouble with histamines in aged cheeses, we don't seem to though. Mostly we eat mature Cheddar, Brie, Camembert, Parmigiano Reggiano and Gouda. But we try different stuff quite regularly. I frequently eat a bit of cheese before I go to bed, or else I lay awake thinking about it.

Mittir

RP has mentioned two possible problem from cheese- one is high fat content, that
can increase excess caloric intake and another one is non-animal rennet.
Most cheese are made with microbial rennet, including this one.
Are Kerrygold products suitable for vegetarians?
Yes. All Kerrygold product s are made using microbial rennet, making them suitable for vegetarians.http://kerrygoldusa.com/faq/#qa18
Since you have excessive urination problem, cheese is more beneficial for you
than milk, if you plan to restrict fluid intake. You can eat tons of cheese for
it'c calcium and protein content. Cheese tends to be constipating, if i eat a lot
of farmer's cheese i have to eat carrot salad everyday. You can try home-made
farmer's cheese, home made greek yogurt or washed cottage cheese.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Interesting thoughts about the cheese...I will start upping cheese a bit more and see how I feel.

Thanks!

Spokey

Mittir said:
Most cheese are made with microbial rennet, including this one.

Good point. I avoid the cheeses that say suitable for vegetarians for that reason.

SQu

Is this the genetically modified rennet? I remember a few years ago reading that one was in the pipeline. At the time there was lots of controversy about the rBST in milk and I remember thinking that the next scandal would be the rennet. But nothing, not a peep. And yet with suspicious speed it totally replaced natural rennet in just about everything. Leaving me wondering whether Monsanto and friends just got really, really good at hushing it up. Or else this kind is perfectly safe. And we're worrying our pretty little heads about nothing, like they've been telling us for so long. About X-rays, radiation, estrogen, you know, all those perfectly safe things that make the world a better place...

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Just confirming, kerrygolds is good because of microbial rennet? Exactly what does that mean?

Mittir

Kerry gold is bad because of microbial rennet and most commercial cheese
are using this too. You need cheese made with animal rennet.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

What would be good animal cheese I can get at whole foods?

loess

Parmigiano reggiano, pecorino romano, and grana padano are pretty safe cheeses that I have seen at Whole Foods

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals