Circadian Rythm: Effect on snoozing

mad539

Hello,

i've been thinking about why my mood and energy was on specific days/weeks extremly good, and then slowly wears off after some time.
Even after eating food i normally don't tolerate well shortly after going to sleep, i wake up after only 6 hours of sleep and feeling very refreshed.
It happend 2-3 times for a duration of a week, and everytime i had like an extreme dopamine high. My muscle weakness went away, my gym performance was extremly well and my mood and energy was through the roof.

What i noticed on these very good days, that I couldn't wait to go to work after sleeping and stood up immediately after waking up. Normally i snooze for at least 10 minutes, sometimes even one hour, and i wondered if this was one of the reasons i had so much energy. The other reason could be that i had (even only for a short period) a strong purpose as i had something i need to accomplish. The good sleep and energy slowly faded away always after finishing the important work (maybe i've started to snooze again in the morning).

Now i'm wondering after waking up, what effect snoozing has on the circadian rythm. I don't have sunlight in my bedroom, so i have to force my self standing up. I've tried Hue Lights for sunrise emulation, but the brightness never was high enough like the real sun and didn't do much.

For the next days, i try to force my self waking up immediately when i'm awake and see if that changes anything.

Sphagnum

Maybe I missed it, but what are you attributing to the “good” days being good? Is it that you got out of bed upon waking, instead of snoozing, or was there more to it? I know getting up right away and getting some sunrise rays creates a positive cycle of energy and mood for me.

I have a Phillips waking light that works very well (when I use it) in getting me to “wake up more,” while still being gentle (as opposed to a stress inducing alarm.) I just have to keep it far enough out of reach that I have to sit up to shut it off, as opposed to being within arms reach.

OP
M

mad539

That's what i'm trying to find out. I'm tracking all kinds of metrics, like supplements, what i eat, when i eat, how much coffee i drank, and so on, but i never could find any correlation. As you said, it could be that fixing the circadian rythm by not snoozing, getting to bed early, getting sunshine in the morning, and so on created a cycle of good mood, and stopped, when i deviated from it.

It would be great to somehow measure how good ones circadian rythm is :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals