Coconut Oil Weight Loss And Endotoxin Removal Club

Elephanto

My experience is that it's awesome to take on its own, not with meals. I too have noticed the waist shrinkage and a less inflammatory state. I started taking it as it was part of an anti hair-loss protocol. The guy recommended 3-6 tablespoons, though his given reason was to lower DHT. I really don't think this is the mechanism behind it being helpful. It is because saturated fat in general will increase the tumor supressor PTEN (unsaturated fat do the opposite), basically restricting abnormal growth such as seen in cancer and male hair loss (in this case it's the growth of blood vessels, bone structure and collagen I believe). For instance, you'll see that men with a disease involving defective PTEN have huge heads, are bald and die young. What makes coconut oil special is that contrarily to palmitate (butter), short-chain fatty acids do not promote inflammation in this kind of dose. I think this is one of the thing that improved my hair the most.

I started adding it in copious amounts to my potatoes about a week ago. Will see how it goes.

I don't think that's a good idea because that would greatly interfere with glucose absorption/disposal, promoting insulin resistance. Even just 8g of fat start to interfere as the glycemic index of full-fat milk is higher than that of skim milk. Peat himself recommends a teaspoon of coconut oil with meals but not more.

tomisonbottom

it's not going well. I mean, I stopped this experiment after going from 175 to 205 pounds, near my all time high.

I'm on a fat depletion/PUFA depletion regime, and so I cut out the coconut oil except maybe a teaspoon per day. I'm getting some belly fat shrinkage but the weight is the same, around 200, off a few pounds.

Yes but I gained weight :arghh:

Hmm....are you guys doing starches?

And @Such_Saturation , when you say lowfat, how low are you going? Next to nothing? Or like 30 grams?

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm doing starches and some grains. And a lot of sugar. Fat is probably 20g per day or less.

Ewelina

I love coconut oil but I suspect I have developed allergy to it. I've been eating it in copious amounts for the last 10 years but I've been experiencing digestive issues for the last year. I think the main culprit was coconut flour. Now I can't eat coconut flour at all and even unrefined coconut oil gives me diarrhoea, cramps, and bloating. After refined CO I feel my bloating gets worse.

... It's fat tissue:pigeon:

I don't know what hemisphere you're in...Was this part of a Winter gain?

Sometimes I wonder if eating super low fat during winter stress/darkness is physiologically unnatural. I'm just speculating here based on my own experiment with very low fat eating. I can manage it fine during the Spring and Summer. However I found it to be too stressful year round, I cannot seem to continue it through Fall and Winter.

My body absolutely craves more fat in my diet during Fall and Winter. Peeps gotta get their calories from somewhere....so I'm wondering if eating massive carbs while living in a colder climate (northerly latitude) like I do, is somehow "unseasonal" ....just thinking out loud.

This skimmed milk I've been using for the last months is CAFO so I might have a blood test for prolactin and estrogen. But I don't have enough money for both :ss

tara

I know Peat says that coconut oil is protective, but it kills my appetite and keeps my postprandial blood sugar levels higher for a longer duration.
I think prolonging blood glucose is one of the things Peat likes coconut oil for - for people who are prone to the opposite problem, low blood sugar issues. I've noticed it doesn't seem to serve me well to add CO when I've been eating a particularly large amount of carbs.

tara

I don't know, bread like once a week perhaps?
Now you've blown my picture of you. I thought you were one of the staunchest anti-starch proponents and didn't eat any at all. :)

Now you've blown my picture of you. I thought you were one of the staunchest anti-starch proponents and didn't eat any at all. :)

Well here's to blowing each and every picture of me that may be around :ss we are people, not pictures...

tara

Wha? You? A Bread Eater???? I thought bread gave you colon pain...er, something. I could be imagining this.

It's maybe two slices on a Sunday o_O my intestine is also much stronger than years ago :hungry:

lindsay

This whole thread (what I've read of it) is a huge reminder that everyone is different :) I prefer more fat (because it makes me happy and feels good, most of the time - and this coming from the lady with no gallbladder). Sugar, on the other hand, makes me happy temporarily, hungry, unsatisfied and annoyed (unless it's balanced, such as with fruit). I think we all need to listen to our inner intuition and body and not demonize nor over-praise fat or sugar. We all have different contexts. And I, for one, cannot tolerate winter in the Northeast without some good cheese. Or cream, or fat. I've abstained from so many foods for much of my life that I've realized listening to my body is key. Case in point, today, I felt I needed a hamburger. So I ate one - without the bun and with really good local meat. Fried in a pan with a little CO. And some OJ. And then I ate my normal cheese snack for bedtime. Granted, I eat sugar and caffeine like a crazy person in the A.M. because that's what I want then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals