Coronavirus: A Ray Peat Perspective

postman

vitamin A is highly protective per Dr. Peat on how it amps up our immune system. If I was traveling on a plane and was worried (I'm not worried) I'd take D3 and 100,000 units of A.
How does VA affect the cytokine storm issue?

LeeLemonoil

There was an interesting interview with a prolific German virologist on the major news program.
He said that very likely Corona is not an extraordinarily dangerous virus in terms of lethality. What we see with lethality rate 2-3% is a statistical distortion since in the beginning of epidemics the critical and serious cases stand out while there is no clear picture on the real amount of infected.
Experts are now fairly certain that because younger and healthy people that were infected survive often without serious symptoms the virus can’t really posses a lethality if 2-3% and the numbers of infected but unregistered people is way higher than those registered - meaning that lethality of the virus is much lower then 2-3%

Efforts of the Chinese to treat and contain are universally praised.

postman

There was an interesting interview with a prolific German virologist on the major news program.
He said that very likely Corona is not an extraordinarily dangerous virus in terms of lethality. What we see with lethality rate 2-3% is a statistical distortion since in the beginning of epidemics the critical and serious cases stand out while there is no clear picture on the real amount of infected.
Experts are now fairly certain that because younger and healthy people that were infected survive often without serious symptoms the virus can’t really posses a lethality if 2-3% and the numbers of infected but unregistered people is way higher than those registered - meaning that lethality of the virus is much lower then 2-3%

Efforts of the Chinese to treat and contain are universally praised.
Nonsense, propaganda. This whole outbreak is once again showing how absolutely insane the cult of communism is.

OP
managing

managing

Nonsense, propaganda. This whole outbreak is once again showing how absolutely insane the cult of communism is.

I don't have an opinion on the question you raise @postman . But I would like to remind you of my request from the OP:

NOTE: If you want to discuss conspiracy theories about biological warfare and hidden casualties, that is your prerogative. I kindly request that you start your own thread for that. Please even feel free to link it here. Just don't derail this thread.

postman

I don't have an opinion on the question you raise @postman . But I would like to remind you of my request from the OP:

NOTE: If you want to discuss conspiracy theories about biological warfare and hidden casualties, that is your prerogative. I kindly request that you start your own thread for that. Please even feel free to link it here. Just don't derail this thread.
Ah sorry I did read what you said a couple of days ago and it's reasonable. I didn't realize that was this same thread I clicked on now. My mistake.

If anyone wants to discuss that video please open a new thread instead of replying to my post. The post I quoted is also off topic. It would be good if if administration could remove all of these posts so this thread doesn't derail

lvysaur

Pretty much, there's no record of the millions upon millions who were infected and stayed asymptomatic.

The quirk of coronavirus is that a disturbingly large percent of those who get sick from it, also die. Something like a 15% mortality rate for those with onset.

With the common flu, there is a very large portion of people who get sick and fight it off. If you get sick from the flu, you have a 0.002% chance of dying. Huge difference.

About 3,000 people die from the flu monthly in the US, so coronavirus is certainly less deadly. Even if you think that the reporting is somehow biased, China has 4x more people, and the death toll is about 10x less.

Last edited:

Literally

Look into Martin Armstrong, he has data on this topic.

I have been reading Armstrong's blog for a while. Very interesting. Hard to know entirely what to make of it without spending a bunch of time. But unlike most people who make the sort of claims he does I haven't found an easy way to debunk. There seems to be some inconsistencies about his insistence its all from algorithms vs his constant willingness to provide narrative explanations of the world.

The fact that he was put in jail for so long without charges strengthens his credibility IMO.

For those who are curious Armstrong tries to predict cycles in everything, using some techniques apparently borrowed from physics (wave propagation) and irrational numbers like pi (but he has never really explained his techniques). He has made some famous predictions.

OP
managing

managing

Ah sorry I did read what you said a couple of days ago and it's reasonable. I didn't realize that was this same thread I clicked on now. My mistake.

If anyone wants to discuss that video please open a new thread instead of replying to my post. The post I quoted is also off topic. It would be good if if administration could remove all of these posts so this thread doesn't derail
No worries. Thanks for understanding.

I don’t think the mortality rate is over 10% and this will improve as others have pointed out. It’s a tempest in a teapot.

Peak Coronavirus News will be March, and then it will disappear from the news and nobody will care.

Kunstruct

I don’t think the mortality rate is over 10% and this will improve as others have pointed out. It’s a tempest in a teapot.

Peak Coronavirus News will be March, and then it will disappear from the news and nobody will care.

Very possible.

Does anyone know how quickly a case can be confirmed once started being tested?
Minutes, hours?
How quickly can someone prove the other person has this virus technically?

tankasnowgod

Very possible.

Does anyone know how quickly a case can be confirmed once started being tested?
Minutes, hours?
How quickly can someone prove the other person has this virus technically?

I mean... why even test? If you are a so called "health authority" just make something up and have others run with it. Probably what they have been doing so far.

Literally

Very few cases of "influenza" in the reported statistics are actually tested as such.

LucyL

"The three drugs are Remdesivir, Chloroquine and Ritonavir."

Are those safe?
Chloroquine comes up every now and again on this forum, it antagonizes prostaglandins, and is used to treat malaria, as are several faves around here - MB, lisurade, aspirin etc. It was used with selenium for Ebola treatment. It's also used off-label for cancer.

Kunstruct

I mean how are these even managed?
You get let's say 50,000 people in the hospitals. They say 20,000 of them have been infected.
Now the question is how are they tested to be the specific virus DNA? How much time it needs to pass until the virus is correctly identified? 10 minutes, 2 hours, the next day?
How many days it needs for 1000 people to be technically be proven with the specific virus?
Is that the cause of piling up of cases as day passes?
I mean who can imagine that if today there are 50,000 new patience the next day that whole lot can be technically tested for the specific virus.
So time and techniques is highly important.

This sort of things are not mentioned as far as I have seen.
Because you cannot look at the face of someone's face and say this person has the specific coronavirus, not the influenza, or sars or mers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals